Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Snowman2 To Baste or Not to Baste?
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 12:45 PM
46,707 Views  0 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,242 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,310 Views  0 Posts
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,167 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,654 Views  1 Posts

Old 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,152 Times in 12,624 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Figgy Pudding

No desserts! This is outrageous!!

so, here is one now:
If you have never tried fig pudding, you will have to give this one a try, it is amazing!

This warm sticky fig pudding with candied figs is smothered in decadent toffee sauce.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 95 minutes
Yield: 6-8
Ingredients

Fig Cake
  • 20 dried tender figs, cut in half
  • 2x4 inch cinnamon sticks
  • 2 cups water (500 ml)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (125 ml)
  • 2 cups dark brown sugar (500 ml)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 ml)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda (10 ml)
Toffee Sauce
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (125 ml)
  • 2 cups dark brown sugar (500 ml)
  • 2 cups heavy cream (500 ml)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
Candied Fresh Figs
  • 2 cups sugar (500 ml)
  • 1 cup water (250 ml)
  • 6 fresh whole figs, halved

Directions

Fig Cake
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Butter a 7 x 11 inches (18 x 28 cm) baking dish.
  2. In a medium saucepan, bring the figs, cinnamon sticks and water to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat or until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Discard the cinnamon sticks. Set aside.
  3. In a food processor, beat the softened butter with the brown sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl after each addition and continue beating until the mixture is light, approximately 3 minutes. Add the fig mixture and process until pureed. Add the flour and baking soda. Pulse just until a smooth batter forms. Set aside.
  4. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the fig cake is springy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Toffee Sauce
  1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, add the brown sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream, bring to a boil and stir once in a while over moderate heat until it starts to thicken, about 8-10 minutes. Keep warm.
Candied Fresh Figs
  1. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Let it simmer until it reaches 300° F on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Place the figs flesh side down on a tray lined with parchment paper. Pour the sugar mixture over the figs to coat them. Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes until ready to serve.
  2. Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the warm fig cake. Drizzle half of the hot toffee sauce over the cake. Return the cake to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer until the toffee sauce is bubbling around the edges but not fully absorbed.
Serving Suggestion
  1. Serve the pudding warm with the remaining toffee sauce, ice cream (ice cream is not mentioned in the ingredients) and candied figs.