Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,931
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Healthy Chile Verde

Healthy Chile Verde

Ingredients
  • 1 pound lean ground chicken, lean ground turkey, or lean ground beef (look for the ones that are 90% or higher)
  • 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 6 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (hot sauce)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
  • 1 16-ounce jar green salsa, green enchilada sauce or taco sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 15-ounce can pinto, kidney beans, or black beans – rinsed
  • Cooking spray

Directions
Spray pan with cooking spray cover bottom heat pan on medium heat and cook onions & garlic until light brown, then add chicken, turkey, or beef, and bell pepper continue to cook over medium heat, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, and cayenne; cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in salsa (or sauce) and water; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Laney (07-28-2011), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)

Old 07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love anything with the green salsa! One of my hispanic friends actually gave me a recipe to make my own. I'll have to see if I can find it and post it! Its SO easy to make on your own!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (07-29-2011), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)
Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Laney View Post
I love anything with the green salsa! One of my hispanic friends actually gave me a recipe to make my own. I'll have to see if I can find it and post it! Its SO easy to make on your own!
Laney - yes please I would love to try that out!!!! Thank you
snowflake22 (06-04-2014)