Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Merry Marketplace > For Sale » For Sale Christmas yard art (and other holiday yard art decorations) for sale

My Merry Christmas Announcement

For Sale Sell your Christmas stuff here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas yard art (and other holiday yard art decorations) for sale

I am considering the possibility of selling yard art for a hobby. I've created various ones in the past for my personal collection and have always received nice compliments on them every season when they are displayed. Most of the ones I created are decorations for Christmas, but I also display some for Easter, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I'm in the process of creating one that I can display for Memorial Day/4th of July/Veterans Day. I've found that yard art is an inexpensive way to celebrate a holiday, though I typically go all out for Christmas.

The idea of creating yard art and selling it began when my wife and I had a garage sale. One person in our neighborhood came by specifically to see if I happened to have any yard art for sale. I didnít have any for sale, but it gave me the idea to possibly consider selling yard art as a hobby. Not only would it potentially fulfill my love of Christmas, but it would also help my family make some extra cash in the process. I think I would enjoy knowing that I created something worthy of someone proudly displaying it in their yard.

That stated, if anyone is interested in any type of yard art, please let me know. Iíll try to get some pictures of what Iíve done to give an idea. In the meantime, here is a link to the Winfield collection to give an idea of the possibilities: http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com.../All_Christmas
Most patterns displayed on that site are pretty easy to create. I donít have experience on creating any the sophisticated ones (like the ones that have motors, etc) but I can always give it a try.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in anything. We can work out details then. Thanks and take care.
Christmasstar (06-04-2011), elf bazaar (05-29-2011)

Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

elf bazaar has shown a merry dispositionelf bazaar has shown a merry disposition
I`d love to see some photos of what you do, I`m in the uk so would need to consider shipping costs but am looking for something unique for our garden this year
The Following User Says Thank You to elf bazaar For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-04-2011)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,458 Times in 13,311 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
yes, pictures would be great!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Last Achievements

usafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoeusafvet would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I posted some photos in my albums section in my profile. I began doing yard art in 2004 and each year I've added an idea to my collection of yard art. The most recent one I created is the peanuts Cowboys football decoration. That particular one I enlisted the help of an airbrush. The rest are easy to paint, though I probably should retouch some of my older ones due to the several Christmases they've been displayed.

It has mostly been a side hobby but I'd certainly be interested in being involved in other projects for other people. I can either draw up something or can go off of the decorations displayed like on the link I provided in a previous post.

Currently, my plan is to create the photo of Santa kneeling at an alter. I'll certainly display that one once I get it done.

If anyone is interested in anything, let me know. I'll be happy to create it, take a photo of it and be sure that it meets satisfaction.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:32 AM
Last Achievements

I placed some photos in my album. Feel free to PM me if there are any questions, etc.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Some kind of Christmas Carol yard art would be cool.... Scrooge, Marley's Ghost, 3 Spirits, Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim, etc.