Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » What will you be eating on Christmas Day?

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,402 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Mistletoe Bough...
By MMC Editor
10-17-2013 06:19 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:04 AM
2 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
30,939 Views  0 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,968 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,172 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
What will you be eating on Christmas Day?

I'll have turkey, potatoes, brusseles sprouts, parsnips, mince pies and Christmas pudding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanity Clause For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (12-23-2011), kizzy (07-28-2013)
Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and some other things too.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following User Says Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (12-23-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,959 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
this year we are toning things down and we are just having finger foods and fried turkey on Christmas Eve.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Christmas Eve:
Pizza

Christmas Dinner:
Spiral Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Carrots
Bean Salad
Honey Rolls
Wine
[Appetizer: Cream Cheese Ball w/ Crackers]

Goodies:
Banana Bread
Pumpkin Pie
Blueberry Pie
Raspberry Pie
Dump Cake
Peanut Butter Cookies
Sugar Cookies

And whatever everyone else decides to bring...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (07-29-2012), gabulldawg (12-23-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,085 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Here we go!

Christmas Eve; whatever we can grab quickly, usually McDonald's.

Christmas Day Lunch; sandwiches and egg nog.

Christmas Dinner; Usually the grand dinner of all dinners in the year, but since the whole family is going to be in Church most of Christmas day, we're ordering from Boston Market. Turkey, Roast beef, whatever veggies come with it. And for dessert it's chocolate Lava Cake, and Ice Cream snowmen (with or without coconut, diner's choice). Not too bad!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (07-29-2012), Bullypup (05-22-2012), gabulldawg (12-23-2011), kizzy (07-28-2013)
Old 12-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
have changed from a Turkey this year on the 25th gone for a nice Chicken, but in the evening will go to my Sisters where they will be a great buffet.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (05-22-2012), gabulldawg (12-23-2011), kizzy (07-28-2013)
Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

jinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry dispositionjinglebellrock512 has shown a merry disposition
We always eat breakfast casserole and honey bun cake for brunch and Christmas dinner at my grandmothers with turkey and all the yummy fixins
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jinglebellrock512 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (05-22-2012), kizzy (07-28-2013), yolie8174 (07-17-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
Christmas eve dinner is always light because we have to make room for eggnog and all the yummy treats I spend all day making. This puts my kids in a sugar coma so they can't hear Santa when he comes.

Christmas breakfast is either breakfast tacos or pancakes. Lunch is always very light, maybe a casserole or something like that.

Dinner has always been traditional, turkey with all the fixings. But since we do the same thing on Thankgiving, I'm thinking about changing it up this year. We'll see. But one thing for sure, there will be tons of pies, cakes & cookies! That will never change!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,487 Times in 1,965 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
For the last few years, we have been shaking things up a bit so, last year we decided to do a Chesapeake Bay sort of theme with Maryland Crab soup (with old Bay seasoning), spicy fried shrimp, baked scallops and of course some traditional Ham and such...

I felt like Santa's bag later that evening; stuffed to overflowing......

Last edited by xmastidings; 07-29-2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
kizzy (07-28-2013), Mumof2 (07-12-2012), yolie8174 (07-17-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Mmmmm...Christmas food. *said in my best Homer Simpson voice*

For us it's Christmas Eve with the in-laws so some of the best appetizer and snack type foods ever created. Along with a healthy dose of sugar in the form of cookies and candies.

Christmas Day with my family is Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, scalloped corn (which we make every year - no one seems to ever eat it but if we don't make it people are bummed. We're weird), burn and serve rolls, cranberry sauce (from a can so it has those handy cutting lines) and tons of desserts!
Mumof2 (07-12-2012), Sanity Clause (07-12-2012), Solice (10-14-2012), yolie8174 (07-17-2012)