Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,305 Views  0 Posts
Jimmy Scarecrow's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:57 PM
66,835 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,057 Views  0 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,197 Views  1 Posts
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
58,888 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,362 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Healthy Holiday Breakfast Recipes

Do you have a favorite healthy holiday breakfast or brunch recipe?

Share them with us!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), lauriebear (07-29-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Rob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elf
santahat Elf Sized - Sausage Mushroom Quiche

8 ounce(s) turkey breakfast sausage, crumbled into small pieces
1-teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounce(s) mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup sliced scallions
¼-cup pimento or other favorite pepper chopped
1/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese or other
1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup(s) 1% milk

Preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until g brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese, and pepper.
Whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.

My Christmas Friend
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
ChristmasSpirit76 (11-11-2012), Christmasstar (07-06-2011), Laney (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 274 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
8 ounce(s) turkey breakfast sausage, crumbled into small pieces
1-teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounce(s) mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup sliced scallions
¼-cup pimento or other favorite pepper chopped
1/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese or other
1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup(s) 1% milk

Preheat to 325°F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until g brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese, and pepper.
Whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
Mmmm!!! This sounds delicious!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), Rob (07-29-2011)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,148 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Holiday Granola

2 cups of large flake oatmeal
1/2 cup each:
- cashews
-sunflower seeds
-pumpkin seeds
-soya beans
-walnuts, chopped
-silvered almond
make sure they are all unsalted

put in large bowl and toss with 2 cups of pure maple syrup

spread on cookie tray and toast in 350' oven for 10 mins, stir thoroughly and repeat. May have to do this 4 or 5 times, but watch closely. When mixture begins to turn light brown, it is done. This burns quickly when it is almost done so be careful (I burned a batch once and it does not taste good!)
remove from oven and let cool

When it is cool toss in dried cranberries (or any dried fruit you enjoy)

Serve with a bit of milk or yogurt (I like the yougurt best!)

Store in an airtight container
Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,362 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I could eat that, Christmasstar! Has all the ingredients that are free of my food allergies. I might have to make that sometime, sounds yummy!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Rob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elfRob is a good elf
santahat Lucious Lemon Cranberry Muffins

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
3 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour (see Note)
1/2 cup cornmeal, preferably medium or fine stone-ground
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen (thawed), coarsely chopped
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. Whisk 1/2 cup sugar, yogurt, oil, egg, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt mixture and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in cranberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining l teaspoon lemon zest in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the tops of the muffins.
4. Bake the muffins until golden brown and they spring back lightly to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
187 Calories; 7 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 4 g Mono; 18 mg Cholesterol; 29 g Carbohydrates; 4 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 255 mg Sodium; 96 mg Potassium

2 Carbohydrate Serving

White whole-wheat flour, made from a special variety of white wheat, is light in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole-wheat flour. It is available at large supermarkets and natural-foods stores

My Christmas Friend
Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,562 Times in 1,457 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Baked English Omelet
Ingredients:
6 beaten eggs (or 1 ½ cups of egg substitute or 12 egg whites)
4 slices turkey or chicken bacon; cooked and crumbled (if you like you can use regular)
1 1/2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese – shredded
1/4 teaspoon of Coleman’s Original English Mustard or substitute same amount of Franks Hot Sauce (or any kind you like)
2/3 cup skim milk
1 green onion -- sliced
1 Tablespoon I cannot believe it is not butter or another type of margarine
1 Tablespoon 1/3 less fat parmesan
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
more bacon for garnish -- optional

Directions:

1. Beat skim milk & hot sauce (or mustard) into eggs.
2. Stir in all seasonings, cheddar, onion and bacon.
3. Melt butter in a 9 inch frying pan and pour your eggs into pan.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
5. Bake at 400'F for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
6. Garnish with additional bacon, or sprinkle top with a little parsley. Serve hot.

Serves 8

This came from a neighbor of mine she was 94 years young when she passed, and left me he box of recipes, I am forever in her debt, I have "lightened" them up but you can always revert back to the regular ingredients, in place of the skim milk it was really heavy cream, regular bacon, butter, & cheeses. This is so nice because you can make it a few days ahead and reheat it Christmas morning in the oven.
ChristmasSpirit76 (11-11-2012), Rob (07-29-2011)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,148 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
just finished a fresh batch of granola..love the homemade stuff so much better than store bought. This way I know what is in it.

about 1/2 cup of each...
sunflower and pumpkin seeds
cashews
pecans
almonds
soybeans
pistachios
2 cups of oatmeal (the large flake kind)
maple syrup (the real stuff!) (everything has to be wet with syrup, then you know you used enough)
mix together and toast in oven at 350' for 5 min at a time, take out of oven every 5 min and mix from all around the edge to the center, spread out in pan again and toast again for 5 min, repeat for a total of 15 to 20 min. Watch very closely, as soon as it is a nice toasty looking light brown stop. It will burn quickly so do not leave it alone

Let it cool completely on the tray (very important to retain that nice crunch)
its done!
you can also add dry items like raisins, dried blueberries etc if you want.

If you want to make this be creative and use the ingrediants you like, but make sure it all has no added salt.

tastes great with yogurt!