Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » A note for our newest members

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,024 Times in 2,440 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
A note for our newest members

Seeing that so many have joined in the past couple of days (and we're expecting lots more in the months ahead), I thought it best to give just a little background and information regarding our site and the use of these forums:

-- Please take some time to meet our Christmas Crew -- these are folks who roam these forums to help and provide information. Some you already know, others might be unfamiliar to you.

-- These forums date back to 2003 -- but our site was born way back in 1991. You can read about our history here. We hope you will explore the rest of our site and help us add to it. Over the years hundreds of writers, artists, programmers and Christmas fans have helped to build My Merry Christmas.

-- We do have some rules for using these forums. We don't like to be pushy and try not to be but experience has taught us that sometimes people come here with intent to do things other than celebrate Christmas.

-- If you don't see a forum that you'd like, just say something. We want to cover it all. We recently updated our forum software and re-organized things a bit to give the site a cleaner look and to run faster. In doing so, we consolidated many Christmas topics into broader categories. If you want to find something, we encourage the use of our search function. Four years of topics is a lot of Christmas information. If you can't find it, please ask.

-- My Merry Christmas is the "anchor" for roughly 30 sites of the Merry Network, most of which are devoted to Christmas. We want you to explore them all but especially the forums. Besides these pages, we offer Christmas Talk.com, ClausNET.com and Talk Christmas.com. Between these sites we think you'll find a merry place you can call home.

Please feel free to contant me or any member of the Christmas Crew for any needs or questions.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff Westover
My Merry Christmas.com
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
australia (01-03-2010), bhenson (11-01-2008), bridget (08-18-2010), Buckhorn Elf (12-09-2010), Bullypup (01-17-2010), CandyCanesnews (11-20-2008), caninemom3 (01-14-2010), ChristmasRose (01-02-2010), ChristmasSpirit76 (11-06-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (09-16-2010), Ddeby (07-11-2012), HolidayLover (09-15-2012), ibelieveinchristmas (09-26-2011), katw (10-06-2010), Lynn68 (08-31-2011), Medipaul (06-10-2009), MerryCarey (11-10-2008), merrymistletoe (03-04-2012), nannette13 (12-29-2008), olga (01-28-2010), Reindeer (06-23-2011), Ryan (10-05-2012), Sanity Clause (07-04-2010), Santa_elf (12-03-2008), sprinkleshouse (12-26-2009), Teresa (07-27-2011), Terri (10-28-2009), theRaven (11-25-2008), tinsel-every-day (04-10-2012), Toe (12-17-2011), WVSnowAngel (09-29-2010), xmas365 (03-04-2012), xmasbug (09-09-2011)

Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
and tho he didnt say it, you should know that JEFF WESTOVER is our fearless leader, this site and everything under our umbrella is all on him! he is the bestest!

xox

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
The Following User Says Thank You to elfworks For This Useful Post:
rosie0478 (11-21-2012)
Old 07-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoelightitup would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
tree

Thank You for the plug. I love the new look. I am here looking around and it looks so clean and nice. I can't wait to change my program. Jeff is the guru of the forums. I would like to say when I approached him about doing my own site he was the bestest and still is. Thank You in so many ways Jeff my hero.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightitup For This Useful Post:
australia (01-03-2010), bhenson (11-01-2008)
Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have myself set up at all four festive forums, wearing a slightly different Christmas hat at each one, waiting for another Christmas to arrive and reflecting on many that have passed.

Thanks to all the forum leaders and to Jeff for creating a unique flair in each forum. Just like visiting relatives at Christmas, each festive homemaker had their own ideas of how things should look and feel, but the overall warmth and merriment were present in each of them and remain so in the forums you have created and in the members that arrive searching for people who don't think they're passion for Christmas is odd at all.

Now let's go have some fun!

Festive Regards,
Auntie M.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
rosie0478 (11-21-2012), Teresa (07-27-2011)
Old 10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It was great to read a little bit of the history of this site. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Jeff,

I just read your history and I was in tears! It is a truly touching story. This is such a wonderful site/forum and I have enjoyed every minute since I joined two weeks ago. Thank you!

Michelle
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Snow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry dispositionSnow is falling... has shown a merry disposition
Cheers, Jeff. Just read the history, what a touching story!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
we've got a few folks here with a wide variety of knowledge, if you need a question answered head over to the Ask the crew post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Simply wonderful. I'm still searching through the site and finding so many interesting things!
The Following User Says Thank You to auntieclaus For This Useful Post:
rosie0478 (11-21-2012)
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
mammaduke

This is a great forum for the new members to read . Enjoy yourself here everyone.