Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Traditional or Trendy Tree?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, OBalog

Old 09-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,956 Times in 927 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I love to come up with new themes for my tree each year. I try to think of an important event for our family during the past year and use that as my inspiration. For example, when we went to Italy, I used red, white and green ball ornaments and coordinating ribbon bows that I made, green lights. It's fun! I take some of the sentimental ornaments that the kids made over they years, etc. and highlight them in a special place all around the house.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (09-17-2012), MerryNoel (09-17-2012)

Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

This year I want to get a new tree. I would like a flocked tree but as far as a theme, I just always use all kinds of ornaments. I kind of do my tree in sections though. There is a section for all the "sister" ornaments that my sister and I have given one another through the years, there is a section for the birth of Jesus ornaments because remembering the commemoration of His birth is VERY important to me, there is a dog and cat section for all the differnt "pet" ornaments I have collected and of course there is a polar bear section !! Really I think all Christmas trees are beautiful !!!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I always admire the effort and enthusiasm that goes into Christmas Tree decorating whatever the style. The 'trendy' modern styles are interesting and fun.
My personal preference is more traditional though. This year I am hoping to make my own tree decorations using pine cones, twigs, ribbon etc . I am aiming for a very natural , simple and elegant finish.

......well a girl can dream anyway lol. With a toddler in the house I'd be surprised if any decorations stay on the tree!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
My tree islike the tree I grew up with with some of my own added touches.

C-7 lights (blinking and not blinking mixed)
Gold garland
Hallmark ornaments as well as other types I've collected over the years.
Crystals beads
Angel on top
Candy Canes
Tinsel.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
For our Christmas tree, I love going with a different theme each year. I have soooo much fun looking for pretty ornaments. I like to buy new colors and designs and mix them with the old ones. Last year, I had a gold and royal blue theme with some gorgeous gold reindeer I found from the Martha Stewart collection.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV