Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » All Christmas Terrestrial Radio - General Discussion

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"Behind the White Brick"...
By MerryCarey
10-31-2011 11:46 AM
89,452 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
17,252 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:16 PM
51,545 Views  0 Posts
Never Swear in Front of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:35 PM
43,494 Views  0 Posts
The Holly and the Ivy
By MMC Editor
06-08-2008 09:25 PM
67,507 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
All Christmas Terrestrial Radio - General Discussion

For the past six years we have kept track of commercial radio stations switching to all Christmas music before or during the season. Some begin as early as October while most hold off until Thanksgiving (U.S.) weekend. Often the all Christmas format will precede a format change for a station.

In this thread we'll discuss the nuts and bolts of an all Christmas format for terrestrial broadcast stations by looking at and discussing various online articles/sources and sharing our own experiences. For the most part this thread will focus on commercial radio stations.

Some stations buy prerecorded syndicated packages (we'll link as many as we can find) to run during the season and some will carry cooperate programming (usually also purchased syndicated packages) common to all stations owned by a conglomerate.

One thing is certain. Almost none of the packaged programming will stray far, if at all, from the same 100 Christmas songs played over and over.
Storeytime (12-30-2012), xmas365 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Inside Look At All Christmas

Why do stations switch to all Christmas music during the season in the first place?

From RadioInfo.com; A good article looking inside the all Christmas format from the radio broadcasting side of the house.

Insight: The All-Christmas Music Format Phenomenon

By Mike Kinosian
RadioInfo
Managing Editor/West Coast Bureau Chief
made582 (12-30-2012), Meceka (01-01-2013), Storeytime (12-30-2012), xmas365 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,260 Times in 26,719 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It's surprising to see that WYXB took the number 1 spot last year during the holiday season. That never would have happened 6 or 7 years ago in this market. WFMS, the local country station dominated here until Culumus bought them and fired everyone expect for the morning show DJ's. Actually it's kind of funny that an Emmis station playing all Christmas music can beat them now.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (12-30-2012)