Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2012 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,252 Times in 2,296 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
KYXE-FM (104.9) - Yakima Washington USA

October 10, 2011@ 5:00 PM (Local Time)

According to this article, Broadcast Partners based in Seattle, Washington have placed a new transmitter into service in Yakima on 104.9. Called an early Christmas present, KYXE-FM has gone on the air as "North Pole Radio".

Unless I'm mistaken, the link provided by KYXE for North Pole Radio is a of the longtime established internet radio station of the same name. They should have carried MCR!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
frostyman (10-13-2012), made582 (10-11-2012), Storeytime (10-13-2012)

Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
a year ago, I got a 'new' to me car and it came with 3 months of XMSirius radio. I only found a couple of Holiday (Christmas) stations but none that played my favorite style, which is classical. (choral groups such as the Robert Shaw Chorale, Chanticleer, Roger Wagner Chorale, also Celtic Harp (Kim Robertson, etc.. among many others) so I was disappointed. I think they should have something for people like me. I can't be the only one who prefers this style of Christmas music. I am hoping one or more of you will prove me wrong and tell me there IS a station on XMSirius radio that plays exclusively or mostly classical Christmas music.
The Following User Says Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by christmasjingles View Post
a year ago, I got a 'new' to me car and it came with 3 months of XMSirius radio. I only found a couple of Holiday (Christmas) stations but none that played my favorite style, which is classical. (choral groups such as the Robert Shaw Chorale, Chanticleer, Roger Wagner Chorale, also Celtic Harp (Kim Robertson, etc.. among many others) so I was disappointed. I think they should have something for people like me. I can't be the only one who prefers this style of Christmas music. I am hoping one or more of you will prove me wrong and tell me there IS a station on XMSirius radio that plays exclusively or mostly classical Christmas music.
I like that kind of music too, amongst many other genres. I can't help you on Sirius. But what you can do is use a smart phone, plug it into the input jack on the radio. You can use the app, Pandora and create a station called Peaceful Christmas and another one called Classical Christmas and you'll get that kind of playlist.

You can get an app called TuneIn Radio. It has a pretty good list of Christmas stations from all over the internet. Christmas Vinyl is one that I like there. Not necessarilly all classical, but a lot of the old vinyl Christmas albums that have been around for a long time. There are many other internet stations you can get with a smart phone.
christmasjingles (10-15-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on this link yet:

http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp

I guess we're still waiting for the first "regular" radio station to switch over to holiday music...but I suspect it could be any day now.

Today is October 15th, I wonder how many stations will be switched over to Christmas music format by November 15th?!?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Anybody on here familiar with Dusty Rhodes? He's a longtime DJ in the Cincinnati area, at one time on 700 WLW. Now he's a politician in the Cincinnati area. His annual Christmas shows were the soundtrack to my Christmas growing up, starting with his Pop Christmas Countdown show on Christmas Eve and continuing on through Christmas Day. I think his show was syndicated to other markets at one time, and he still advertises it on a website. If I can find it this year, maybe I'll try to record using DAR.fm, if I'm smart enough to get it set up.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by redkaga View Post
Anybody on here familiar with Dusty Rhodes? He's a longtime DJ in the Cincinnati area, at one time on 700 WLW. Now he's a politician in the Cincinnati area. His annual Christmas shows were the soundtrack to my Christmas growing up, starting with his Pop Christmas Countdown show on Christmas Eve and continuing on through Christmas Day. I think his show was syndicated to other markets at one time, and he still advertises it on a website. If I can find it this year, maybe I'll try to record using DAR.fm, if I'm smart enough to get it set up.
I remember Dusty on WLW! That was/is one of the clear channel (not the lame radio conglomerate) AM stations that I listened to "back in the day" from Alabama.

Unfortunately I was unaware of Dusty's legendary Christmas shows. Phooey! Looks like he retired in 2010.

That kind of stuff is why I began this thread in 2007!

DAR isn't very difficult to navigate, redkaga. If you need help, just ask here or in a PM.

Another nice feature at DAR is the ability to share a recording with a friend. When setting a schedule for a particular show, there is an option to share by entering a friend's email address. When the recording is complete, the friend receives an email from DAR with instructions on how to log in and listen.

Once I have my DAR Christmas schedule figured out, I will post it in this thread. Right now I know of only fifty-three hours of programming to capture. (I'm patiently awaiting the official announcement from the two 24 hour marathon Christmas shows.)

Sent from the vast wasteland of my mind.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

OTR - "Christmas On The Radio" with Wyatt Cox

2011 was to have been the final year for Wyatt Cox' "Christmas on the Radio" program featuring Old Time Radio Shows.

2012 will be an encore year to test the wassail for future shows.

This syndicated show may be purchased and aired by any station. Though the list is currently empty, look for a station near you in the 2012 Stations list along the left side at the webpage.

If you locate a station with an online listen link, quote this post and provide the link!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (10-19-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

2012 Siriusxm Christmas/holiday forum at XM Fan

The Annual (2012 edition) Christmas thread at XMFan Forums began in August this time!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (10-19-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Hooray! They finally listed a radio station as playing Christmas music!

http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp

But it's the station in Yakima, Washington, which we've already discussed. They're just broadcasting an online radio station (but hey, it's over the airwaves, so it still counts, I guess).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (10-17-2012), Storeytime (10-19-2012), xmas365 (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

"A Crosby Christmas" (Revised for 2012)

Public Radio Stations have the option for this nationally syndicated program first aired in 2009:

"A Crosby Christmas (Revised for 2012)"

Be sure to click the 'Read the full description' link.

With a free PRX (Public Radio Exchange) account, one can listen to the full program streamed online!

From the webpage:

Piece Description

REVISED FOR 2012!

A Crosby Christmas is culled from rare radio and television Christmas broadcasts starring The Voice of Christmas...Bing Crosby!

No vocalist in the annals of show business has ever had quite the emotional impact during this season like Bing Crosby. Begining on his weekly network radio programs, Bing Crosby conveyed the warmth and sentiment of the holiday season like no other performer.

His Christmas specials became commonplace each year on television from the 50's through the year of Bing's passing, 1977.

On record, Bing Crosby's Christmas recordings became instant classics. Today, his Christmas catalog for Decca, Capitol, Warner Brothers and Reprise continue to be in demand by audiences in the digital age of Mp3 downloads and CD's.

On commercials and in movies, Crosby's yuletide classics continue to find a place in the collective conciousness of new Crosby fans.

Like Christmas, Bing Crosby is timeless...a national treasure.

On this one hour special, revised and augmented by audience demand, Bing is joined in duets by friends like Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra, Danny Kaye, Ella Fitzgerald...even David Bowie!

A Crosby Christmas captures the essence Bing at this joyous time of year from digitally restored radio broadcasts and commercial recordings made during his stellar career.

This is radio that rekindles warm holiday memories and helps create new ones for your listeners.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (10-19-2012), xmas365 (10-17-2012)