Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food > Recipes » Merry Christmas Recipes Pumpkin Bars

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,950
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
holly Pumpkin Bars

Pumpkin Bars (36 Bars)

Ingredients

Bars:
4 eggs
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
A pinch of clove
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Icing:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 ¾ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 13x10” pan.
3. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
4. Stir together in a bowl (the dry ingredients) the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed, a little at a time (I use a scooper) until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
6. Spread the batter into the greased 13x10” baking pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.

To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the sugar (a little at a time) and mix at low speed until combined. Mix in the vanilla. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars. ENJOY!!!

frostyman (10-16-2012), Gingerbread Latte (10-12-2012), GingerMel (10-12-2012), Meceka (10-11-2012), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)

Old 10-11-2012, 04:20 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,731 Times in 7,674 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thank you for posting this recipe!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (10-15-2012), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hi everyone... I don't think I put it in the recipe but DO NOT USED WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE for the frosting (too much air in it)
Gingerbread Latte (10-16-2012), snowflake22 (06-04-2014)