Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Shopping Real Christmas Real Christmas brings you this merry topic area. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, shopping for Christmas is as fun and challenging as ever. This forum discusses the art of Christmas Shopping. Please note our Forum Rules in regards to links posted in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,931
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
layaway or not??

i needed some help deciding on wheather i should go with putting my son's christmas presents on layaway now or should i just wait and get everything all at once??i was gonna do layaway so i know everything i want to get him they will have and dont have to worry about running around later.but not sure.
Christmasstar (11-02-2012), merrymistletoe (11-02-2012), XmasDreams (11-01-2012)

Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,542 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Layway depends on a lot of factors for me personally. The biggest thing to me is money, it is easier to stretch the money out in payments just incase something unforeseen happens. Than the other side if you decide to wait and get them all at once. What happens if some of the items you want is now out of stock. So layaway in that sense will make you get the items you want.

Oh another thing came to mind is that if you time the layaway right you can keep the items hidden easier from prying eyes.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I've used it plenty of times.As my kids have gotten older they want much more expensive gadgets. I'm taking advantage of it this year too.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (11-02-2012), Festive Spirit (11-02-2012), merrymistletoe (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
We don't have layaway over here unfortunately. The others have made some good points. It will give you peace of mind for one thing. I say go for it......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (11-02-2012), merrymistletoe (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,123 Times in 693 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Go for it! Nothing wrong with Lay-a-way; my Mom used it all the time when I was a kid. You can get the stuff you want, and have it safely tucked away at the store. Also, it helps not having the stuff around the house too early, that way little eyes don't accidentally get a gander at the goods before they're wrapped.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I always did lay a ways when my kids were growing up. Now my children do it for their kids and they are happy that some stores still have that service.
I could have never done it without lay a ways. Also did it for my kids school clothes.
It's paying a little each month without running up a high interest credit card and that makes it very worth it.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
used to use layaways every year when money was real tight. It's great to have that option
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have never used it for Christmas presents, but I figure why not it can't hurt.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
i needed some help deciding on wheather i should go with putting my son's christmas presents on layaway now or should i just wait and get everything all at once??i was gonna do layaway so i know everything i want to get him they will have and dont have to worry about running around later.but not sure.
Christmas87 i think you're right in going ahead w/ layaway.i did this when my kids were small. it is very hard to find some kids items as it gets closer to Christmas. it's also easier on the pocketbook to pay a little along instead of all @ 1x.

w/ that being said....

***WARNING: do not wait until the last week of layaway to get your stuff out. always-always-always try to get it out 2-3 weeks ahead of time to prevent waiting in BIG time lines!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,509 Times in 13,319 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
we do not have any stores here that offer it, but when my kids were small I did it and loved it! Never had to worry if the toys would still be there when I had the money saved up.