Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Shopping » Anyone else love Christmas shopping? If so why?

Christmas Shopping Real Christmas Real Christmas brings you this merry topic area. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, shopping for Christmas is as fun and challenging as ever. This forum discusses the art of Christmas Shopping. Please note our Forum Rules in regards to links posted in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in the South...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:15 PM
46,074 Views  0 Posts
Miracle on 34th Street...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:28 PM
51,016 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Ways to Avoid...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:04 PM
43,798 Views  0 Posts
What is Santa's favorite...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:50 PM
45,983 Views  0 Posts
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,146 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,489 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I agree with what you all said about shopping at Christmastime. My husband and I love Love LOVE the atmosphere! I am not fond of crowds during the rest of the year but at Christmastime it's a blast!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
trackrebel (10-21-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,979 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
I do love christmas shopping and I agree with all of you . I love being in the festive atmosphere with the lights, decorations, music and the hustle and bustle. I like sharing in the madness with others while I am out and about.

I absolutley love finding the right gifts for everyone. I put alot of time and effort into this and it really brings me joy giving to friends and family. One of the best bits for me is keeping the presents secret and finding places to hide them around the house ohhhh the excitemet!!

Since I had the children I do alot of the shopping online now because it is more convenient. I visit the shops for bits and bobs and to be part of the huslte and bustle. Infact I enjoy it alot more because most of the shopping is sorted and I can relax and just enjoy the sights and sounds and stress less!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Spyells (10-22-2012), sublimesting (10-24-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Cinder has shown a merry disposition
I usually hate shopping, but I love Christmas shopping! Just the thought of if the people are going to like their gifts, planning, the atmosphere, and everything.

I also have a tradition where my cousin and I have a big "Christmas shopping spree" together. We buy a gift for nearly everyone on our list (except for each other). That is always a lot of fun and we usually stop to eat as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cinder For This Useful Post:
sublimesting (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
I love Christmas shopping. It's the only type of shopping I like except for buying books and video games. I enjoy the atmosphere as well. I like hearing the Christmas music and seeing the decorations and the mall Santas. And people do generally tend to be happier during the holidays. I also enjoy buying gifts for family and friends that they will truly love. I pay close attention to those most important to me and I try to have at least one shocker gift every year. I get them some things that they need and a few things they want from their Christmas list, but then I go off of what I know about them to pick something truly special.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV

The Following User Says Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
sublimesting (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
What I really excel at is lots of smaller gifts that are really cool and cheap that I add to the rest of their gifts. Stuff they would never buy but that adds to the fun. For example: I asked my brother what he wanted and he jokingly said "Ghost Buster figures." as if he were 10 again. Well, I tracked some down for cheap. I also got him a ventriloquist dummy head in a box (gag gift - who isn't frightened by that?!), Pillsbury doughboy underwear that say "Poppin' Fresh" and a pocket book of ancient Rome that is of the style one would use if travelling to a new vacation spot. These were just some extras that I only spent about $15 on.

I think it's the small stuff that really adds charm and fun and memories to the giving and makes people think they got alot of stuff.

Our Christmas mornings (there are 9 of us (including a 3 year old)) takes bout 3 - 4 hours to open everything. We take our time and drink wine and eat etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
Spyells (10-25-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Merry Fourms Member

nachtmusik has shown a merry disposition
Aaah I love Christmas shopping! I love doing things for people I care about to make them smile. The only thing that feels more awesome than finding the perfect gift for someone is seeing their reaction when they open it. And then of course the atmosphere is just delightful, with the music and the decorations and the other shoppers (well, the happy, friendly ones, anyway). I always look forward to this part of the holiday.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Merry Fourms Member

merrybob has shown a merry disposition
I love Christmas shopping because...

I am excited about doing something for someone else, and I get to think about how excited they will be when they get their gift!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Gift 2

I love to give. It's what makes me happy. I listen and remember what I hear when someone expresses what they like so if I see the item I will pick it up.

It's not the most expensive item that brings joy to the receiver's heart, it's the thoughtful item. It's knowing that the presenter has really listened during the year and remember what brings joy to their heart.

It could be some as simple as a card that brings the joy. I found a very special card for my cousin with something that brings her joy on it and I can't wait to send it to her. She will love it.

Granted there are some people that can be difficult to know what to get them. Just do your best and give the gift with love!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My husband and I both love Christmas shopping. WE enjoy shopping early in the season, when they stores don't have everything picked over. Of course, I always look for a good sale, and save a lot of money every year.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I don't enjoy the stress of shopping for Christmas presents, yet I'm never far off the mark so I don't know why I feel so pressured about my decisions. I give the item a good look then imagine the recipient opening it and do that for everyone on my list and then talk to my husband about my ideas and then go back and buy what I would have left with in the first place.

I love shopping, but I'm not fond of making decisions "on the spot". It takes me over ten minutes to place an order at a restaurant.

I have to admit I had fun shopping this year and we added a few folks who we don't normally buy for to our list and everyone was delighted with what they received.

This year I started shopping in early November.

Merry mission accomplished.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
Spyells (12-30-2012)