Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,027
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,174)
Welcome to our newest member, pe1225

Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,128 Times in 697 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Holiday Pringles!

I don't know what to really think about this yet, but I will probably have to try them just out of curiosity....

Coming to a store near you in November... Holiday Pringles!

Pringles has a good thing going; people generally like the brand. We're thinking that Pringles must have gotten a little too full of itself though when the company brainstormed this year's limited edition seasonal flavors. Debuting in November are the following: Pumpkin Pie Spice, which is available only at Walmart, and White Chocolate Peppermint and Cinnamon & Sugar, which are available at stores throughout the country. You may be thinking that having a peppermint-flavored potato chip is a little weird. You would be correct. In fact, all the flavors are a little weird, with some venturing into downright disgusting. We tried 'em all, and here's how they fared:
Pumpkin Pie Spice: While "surprisingly not revolted" isn't exactly a slam dunk, this was probably the least offensive flavor. Still, the hybrid potato chip-breath mint wasn't exactly totally winning anyone over, though one person considered having a second.
Cinnamon Sugar Pringles: Do you like the idea of a Cinnamon Toast Crunch coating on your potato chip? Then Cinnamon Sugar is your gal. It could work nice as a cookie ingredient (paging Christina Tosi) rather than on its own.
White Chocolate Peppermint: Referring to this as a "horrible abomination to humanity" was actually not an exaggeration. No one could stomach more than one bite, with everyone thinking it was the worst potato chip they've ever tasted. Imagine mouthwash gone bad, and then put on a potato chip. To summarize, it was "wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong."
Want to try them for yourselves? The suggested retail price for all three is $1.79. We recommend a familiar standby though -- Pringles' original flavor.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,430 Times in 1,571 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Yea I posted this in another section and just as surprised that a potato chip maker is jumping in on the holiday flavors.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-19-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,128 Times in 697 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Oops, sorry! I saw it posted elsewhere online and didn't realize that it was already posted over here somewhere.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Hmmm now I'm a pringle lover and I like being adventurous when it come to food but I have to say these flavours for potato chips do not appeal to me at all! The flavours sound nice but for potato chips ??? I don't think so. I doubt that we will get these here in the UK though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-21-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,430 Times in 1,571 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Hmmm now I'm a pringle lover and I like being adventurous when it come to food but I have to say these flavours for potato chips do not appeal to me at all! The flavours sound nice but for potato chips ??? I don't think so. I doubt that we will get these here in the UK though.

Im with you on that the only one that might actully work a little bit would be the cinnamon & sugar. The reason that i might work is it might be like a thin crispy Churro flavor.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-21-2012), Festive Spirit (10-22-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 162,246 Times in 30,908 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
White Chocolate Peppermint: Referring to this as a "horrible abomination to humanity" was actually not an exaggeration. No one could stomach more than one bite, with everyone thinking it was the worst potato chip they've ever tasted. Imagine mouthwash gone bad, and then put on a potato chip. To summarize, it was "wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong."
Well I was going to try this one because I like Salty and Sweet things but now I'll just save my money.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-21-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:59 PM

Last Achievements

Chef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry disposition
I definitely have to try these but the thought is a little offsetting. Who knows they might be a hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chef Matt For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-21-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

HolidayLover has shown a merry disposition
Candygold

I like regular Pringles and these holiday flavors sound interesting to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to HolidayLover For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-21-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well now I'm really anxious to try them. hah hah. I thought already that cinnamon and sugar would be my favorite but if the white chocolate one is that bad...I gotta try it.
Courtney (10-24-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
White chocolate peppermint potato chip...YUCK!