Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Shopping Real Christmas Real Christmas brings you this merry topic area. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, shopping for Christmas is as fun and challenging as ever. This forum discusses the art of Christmas Shopping. Please note our Forum Rules in regards to links posted in this forum.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa Speaks 2008
By MMC Editor
06-11-2008 11:14 PM
39,994 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:31 PM
56,503 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,636 Views  1 Posts
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,743 Views  4 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,763 Views  2 Posts

Old 11-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
I'm in the minority, but I say not to buy on layaway. I've thought layaway is a good idea, but I've read some advice from financial experts saying it's not. For one thing, some places still charge fees for the service. Also, and this is a big one for me, they don't honor sale prices which usually come later in the year. If you're doing layaway to make payments, you're arguably better off using a rewards credit card, but I think it's best to just make a Christmas fund and save little by little over time.

As for the issue of items being out of stock, I think that's less an issue today than it used to be. Stores are able to stock more quickly, and the cyber shopping gives you a seemingly infinite number of shopping options.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,029 Times in 2,876 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
We don't have layaway over here unfortunately. The others have made some good points. It will give you peace of mind for one thing. I say go for it......
hi am not a 100 % sure what layaway is but i think it is like leaving stuff over and paying it in

I do that in my shop and its not only at christmas at the moment there is loads left over and its still 7 weeks to christmas