Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » When do turkeys go on sale?

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
Name that Carol
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:34 PM
0 Posts
“Little Santa Claus”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:24 AM
45,416 Views  0 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,224 Views  1 Posts

Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
Do any of your stores use the frequent shopper points system?

I live in NJ and my local Shoprite gives a free turkey/or ham/ or lasagna for every 300 points (this year was supposed to be 400 points, but they lowered it due to Hurricane Sandy) earned. For every $1 you spend you get 1 point, and it is based on Oct 14-Nov. 22 sales. I spent a lot in preparation for Hurricane Sandy so I actually made my points earlier than usual.

We always have Thanksgiving at my husband's grandmother's house, so I get my free ham and freeze it for Christmas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neotericisis For This Useful Post:
made582 (11-13-2012), xmas365 (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,221 Times in 486 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My mother told me that Publix is giving a free 16lb turkey to people who transfer a new prescription to their pharmacy but otherwise I haven't heard anything about points for a turkey.

The Food Lion I used to shop at did that, I believe.

Free turkeys are much harder to come by nowadays!
xmas365 (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
Free turkeys are much harder to come by nowadays!
That comment totally reminded me of this episode of WKRP...
http://youtu.be/PeCGURWzjwE

"I thought turkeys could fly!"

Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I cannot watch that episode of WKRP without tears rolling down my cheeks in laughter. When Les Nessman says "Oh the humanity! They're falling like giant bags of wet cement!" I lose it every time. One of the best ever moments in Thanksgiving TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Courtney (11-15-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Gingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry disposition
candle

Last night at SweetBay supermarket I saw Jennie-O brand turkeys for .59 cents per pound, limit of 2. No special purchase required.

And Publix does have a coupon in their sale flyer for a free Publix brand turkey, up to 16 lbs., with any new or transferred prescription at their pharmacy. You need to have the pharmacist validate the coupon in order to get the turkey. This offer is good until Dec. 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbread Latte For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I just found out there's a Publix in Knoxville. I totally just transferred a prescription so I'm getting a free turkey this evening!!!

I'm excited about it. hah hah.
Courtney (11-15-2012), xmas365 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Gingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry dispositionGingerbread Latte has shown a merry disposition
candle

I just saw the Publix ad for the sale that starts tomorrow, and they are advertising Publix brand turkey for .59 cents per lb., limit of 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbread Latte For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
wow those are cheap!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

The turkeys are still $0.69 per pound at Kroger BUT I was able to get my free turkey from Publix! yaaay!

However, Kroger had some deal going on a couple of weeks ago that offered people a 20% off discount if you spent a certain amount of money. Apparently I spent that amount (whatever it was) without knowing it and got the 20% off discount. I saved $33 in one trip! I couldn't believe it. It must have been some holiday promotion.
Gingerbread Latte (11-21-2012)