Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What have you got for Christmas this year?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
What have you got for Christmas this year?

Having desecrated my stocking, I found in it from Father Christmas (really me)

Two tangerines
6:30p (about $12:60c in US terms)
A paddleball bat and ball
A mini chess set
A mouth organ
Some fake penalty tickets to put on random cars at stupid'o'clock in the morning when noone is awake to see me do it
A laser pen
A bookmark
A "T" seal and sealing wax
Two packs of Vienesse truffles
Three packs of chocolate coins
A compass
Three mini chocolate logs with marzipan robins
Three chocolate puddings
A small slab of chocolate.

The chocolate will come in handy for raising my engergy levels after a bad sleep.

I'll tell you what I got under the tree when I've opened my under the tree gifts later on.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sanity Clause For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-25-2012), Christmasstar (12-25-2012), ClaireLovesChristmas (12-26-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014), Solice (12-25-2012)

Old 12-25-2012, 06:10 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
Most of my Christmas haul for this year just came through.

I got...

A red gala silk shirt that makes me look like Father Christmas.

Big black boots that also look like Father Christmas's.

A big back Father Christmas like belt embossed with red stars.

A dark blue denim shirt.

A map where you hang it on the wall and scrape off a gold foil covering of the countries that you have been to.

A regifted book to write in.

A 2012 diary.

A 2012 Taylor Swift calendar (not as good as the 2011 one but it has some good pics of her.)
A book called "Buried Alive" about the history of live burial.

A book called "Many Skies" about how things would be with different star systems.

A book called "Christmas-a candid history" about Christmas traditions

And my father asked me and my two brothers to shut their eyes. They did and I pulled my Father Christmas hat over my eyes to serve as a blindfold. When we could open our eyes and I could pull up my hat, we were each holding-a brand new blue plastic sledge. So if it snows in 2013 that will come in very handy.

There are two more presents coming up when my uncles and aunts get here that will give me a total legit reason to bump up my thread one last time.

I love the gifts that I have got.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sanity Clause For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-25-2012), Christmasstar (12-25-2012), ClaireLovesChristmas (12-26-2012), DoubleA (12-26-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

I also got from my uncles and aunts...

A 15 I-tunes card
A book called "A horrid history of Christmas"
A 25 I-tunes card
And a book by Condalezza Rice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sanity Clause For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-25-2012), ClaireLovesChristmas (12-26-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,128 Times in 13,435 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
chocolate...6 kinds, I am set for a couple of months now!
lottery scratch ticket, won nothing
worry balls

a mug that mom brought back from Holland
fridge magnet that mom brought back from Holland

A back support that massages and heats up
an attachment for my kitchen aid mixer
a french brulee set with a mini flame thrower....yes, they let me loose with it...no fuel in the thing so I cannot actually use it yet, but I will get it to work then watch out!
a mug decorated with cakes that says "a piece of cake! no matter what the season each cake is delicious! How Delicious"

home canned goodies,
a hand made wreath,
a wonderful hand made crocheted blanket,
some more chocolate
$150 in cash

I have been very blessed this Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,213 Times in 15,270 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I got...
A couple of shirts

The Dark Knight Rises DVD

Ghostbusters Wii game.

A Mr Christmas Christmas decoration

The Best of Hockey History magazine

a mug from JP

and a pair of Santa pajama pants.

Having a great time with my boys and the love of my life.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,911 Times in 3,910 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
new slippers

DVD's: White Christmas, Thor and The Complete Tennessee Tuxedo cartoon series (to match the Underdog set I got last year)

jeans

books: Essential Spider-Man volumes 10 & 11 and The Complete Dick Tracy volume 12

(hopefully) more to come later today...
Bradmac (12-25-2012), Sanity Clause (12-27-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)
Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,767 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Err.....an aftershave and deodorant combo set from my mother-in-law......
Old 12-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,886 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I got a new engine and factory seats for the Camaro my brother and I are restoring!

Ok, it's not exactly an authentic restoration. *grin* My brother is obsessed with building fast engines. We're expecting 400hp!
ClaireLovesChristmas (12-26-2012), Sanity Clause (12-27-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014), Solice (12-27-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,212 Times in 707 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
Hey!! I got
Slippers
P.J's
2 x bottles of perfume
2x box of chocolates
a bottle of wine
a bottle of archers peach schnapps
couple of giftsets

Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SinatraClaus has disabled reputation
Quite a few nice things ...

A few off the top of my head -

Firepit for the back yard.
Leather coat from the wife.
It's a Wonderful life display to hang on the wall.

Quite a few nice shirts (needed some new shirts!)

The joy of watching my family opening their gifts!

I hope everyone had a special christmas this year!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SinatraClaus For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (12-28-2012), Sanity Clause (12-27-2012), snowflake22 (03-15-2014)