Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition » New Years Resolution for a Healthy New You - 2013

Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition Whether you're living healthy already or just want to watch the waistline during the holidays this is the place to talk holiday health, fitness & nutrition.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Make the Most of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:55 PM
47,662 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,700 Views  0 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,923 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
30,939 Views  0 Posts
“Christmas Afternoon” by...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:51 AM
38,868 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,295 Times in 26,723 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I need to be more consisent in my walking. One complete lap around my apartment complex is 2 miles. I'm good about walking it everyday in the spring and fall but not when it's hot during the summer or freezing in the winter.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-31-2012), momnan30 (02-07-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,362 Times in 12,655 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

except that maybe, just maybe I could get some more walking in! LOL
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (12-31-2012), Courtney (12-31-2012), made582 (12-31-2012), momnan30 (02-07-2013), SinatraClaus (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,085 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I absolutely, positively have to lose some serious weight. When I had my 'illness' last spring, my weight went out of control, and it's just been increasing ever since. Shame on me! I work for a doctor and I know better!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Yeppers! Looking forward to a new year, and a new me. I joined DietBet with some lady friends of mine, to help keep me motivated and accountable. Kicking out the carbs and indulging in the plants and greens. Hoping to go back to school or start a new job, or both. Also, hoping to meet my own Sparky Griswold.

Good Luck to all of our MMC'ers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Courtney For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,915 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We are off to a great start so far with just making a resolution!

Made, I would love to be where you are taking a 2 mile walk in the snow! (I'm that crazy person from Texas, you know)! Keep up the good work on your walks. It's one of the best exercises around!

Funny stuff, Christmasstar!

Thanks for sharing your resolutions everyone!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (12-31-2012), made582 (12-31-2012), momnan30 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Merry Fourms Member
Last Achievements

BellaPearl has shown a merry disposition
Presentblue

Not really a New Year's resolution but overall I need to be more optimistic in regards to reaching certain career goals.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaPearl For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I started a work out routine called DDP Yoga, and started to eat healthier. I lost about 20 lbs after 3 weeks. I still feel motivated every day. Everyone keep up the good work. We can do it.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That's great Billy! I am sticking with my plan as well, eating better and took up bike riding. Like I mentioned, I usually eat well but this was the first Christmas holiday in over 3 years that I said, "the heck with it" and ate terrible. No weight gain but I just felt awful from eating that way!!!

I know some people can splurge and eat a little junk several times a week without any effects but I am very sensitive with several food allergies and it just wipes me out when I eat bad. I wish I could be like most people and eat the fun stuff here and there without any ill effects. I guess you could describe it as a "food hangover" for me after eating bad.

I love doing yoga and will start doing that again. I will have to check out that DDP one. My whole goal in exercising is just to feel better and have more energy!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,718 Times in 887 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I just saw this thread today. I'm watching the snow fall furiously here in Wisconsin and thinking that I should be working out instead of typing here at MMC! I walk 45 minutes a day for exercise.
I hope to decrease the sugar in my diet. I'm not overweight, but I know I don't eat very well. I had severe TMJ for about 5 years and got used to eating a lot of yogurt and drinking flavored coffees just to keep up the calories I needed because I couldn't chew.
I got pretty hooked on sugary stuff...so I hope to take that down a notch!
Thanks for sharing everybody...we all have our struggles and it's good to know we aren't alone!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Way to go, Momnan! Walking is fantastic exercise!

Sugar is a tough one to get off of. That is something I completely cut out of my way of eating for a year then slowly added a little here and there and did okay. The problem is that this past holiday season I just didn't care and ate way too much sugar!!! I am usually good over the holidays but not Christmas 2012! My gut paid the price and kept having "food hangovers" now I am behaving again! I still have sugar but not that much. When you cut back on it your system gets so use to not having a lot so you really don't crave it anymore. Keep us posted on how that goes for you! Good luck!

I also hope that the TMJ is not giving you anymore problems!