Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » 2013 Celebrity Passages

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
2013 Celebrity Passages

Sorry to be the one who has to start this.
Today Singer Patti Page died

Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,964 Times in 2,434 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I saw that today. Thanks for getting the thread going. Patti Page was a little before my time. I always thought the "Little Doggie in the Window" was a bit of a silly song. Funny how that is what she is remembered for first thing in the obituaries.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,580 Times in 5,979 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Up here, we remember her for "Old Cape Cod."

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
I saw that today. Thanks for getting the thread going. Patti Page was a little before my time. I always thought the "Little Doggie in the Window" was a bit of a silly song. Funny how that is what she is remembered for first thing in the obituaries.
And when Rosemary Clooney's time comes, it'll be "Come On-a My House," which reportedly she hated singing. I guess none of us can really choose what our legacy will be!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Clark (06-19-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
My legacy will probably be junk food
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,839 Times in 3,869 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
And when Rosemary Clooney's time comes, it'll be "Come On-a My House,"
Rosemary Clooney's time came June 29th, 2002...
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
Rosemary Clooney's time came June 29th, 2002...
Note to self---add to calendar:
First public embarrassment of 2013: January 3

Thanks for setting me straight! We were watching the DVD of "White Christmas" this season while listening to her commentary, and that must have given me the impression she was still with us.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,964 Times in 2,434 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Note to self---add to calendar:
First public embarrassment of 2013: January 3
For a woman in her condition ole Rosemary sounds terrific.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
For a woman in her condition ole Rosemary sounds terrific.
Ancient joke:

-You know, when you sing, you sound like Caruso.
-But Caruso's dead!
-Yeah, I know.

The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
13 16x16

Originally Posted by merrycarey View Post
ancient joke:

-you know, when you sing, you sound like caruso.
-but caruso's dead!
-yeah, i know.
lol
Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM

Last Achievements

Today Dear Abby died. Sister to Ann Landers
(I know her real name is not Dear Abby, thats just how she will be remembered)