Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Vintage-esque Christmas Wrapping Paper

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,010
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jiminmanjr has shown a merry disposition
Vintage-esque Christmas Wrapping Paper

Hello everyone...

Hopefully my request makes sense (and if this thread belongs in a better forum, please let me know).

I occasionally go off on a web tangent, searching for things because I get a sudden inspiration or see a unique picture.

I've recently seen some unique, vintage Christmas wrapping paper on Pinterest. There's something about the design, colors, layout and the combination of it all that just impresses me so.

I know it's still early (although August is this week), but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for vintage-style wrapping paper, without the high cost. I found a neat roll on etsy (through Pinterest) that was $150 - way beyond my pricing. But, if I could find the paper from a supplier today, I would be interested in buying.

If anyone has suggestions of a supplier, I would appreciate a web-link or other details.

Thank you!

Jim
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminmanjr For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-30-2013), XmasDreams (07-31-2013)

Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,485 Times in 15,106 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I did a quick search on Ebay and there are some actual vintage paper at decent prices.

There is retroplanet.com which has some cool stuff.

sweetvintagewrappingpaper.com

I hope this helps a little.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I have seen some in the past on ebay so it worth checking ebay out for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (07-31-2013)