Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Prayer Request for My Family

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
T,
I believe very much in praying for God to "dispatch angels concerning you" and I have asked for that. I ask for that daily to watch over and protect my family and my men on the job.

This is not meant to be one bit in doubt of that prayer or to demonstrate a lack of faith, but I believe we have to do what we know how to do and what we are able to do along with asking for that protection. After that we rest in God's care. My wife was in a very violent relationship before me. I know others who have been also. The thing I've learned is that most of them don't change. I'm glad they seem to be trying to get help, but they can do well for a long time and then just snap. I think you know this.

My point; if you're in a state where you can arm yourself, you should. No 911 call or restraining order is going to be quick enough if something (imaginary or not)sets this guy off and he flips out and decides to do something. At that moment where he was on your porch there was no amount of reasoning that would have settled him down. He fits the mold for what my wife went through. At the very least, get some kind of security for your home so you at least have a head start in knowing he's there. It can be something as simple as door stop alerts, window opening alerts which are cheap and will work for a non-professional like him.

I guess my motto goes something like this: Trust God, but carry a big stick.
Bradmac (02-28-2013), caninemom3 (02-27-2013), Ryan (02-28-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013), tbutler (02-28-2013)

Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

tbutler has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
T,
My point; if you're in a state where you can arm yourself, you should. No 911 call or restraining order is going to be quick enough if something (imaginary or not)sets this guy off and he flips out and decides to do something. At that moment where he was on your porch there was no amount of reasoning that would have settled him down. He fits the mold for what my wife went through. At the very least, get some kind of security for your home so you at least have a head start in knowing he's there. It can be something as simple as door stop alerts, window opening alerts which are cheap and will work for a non-professional like him.
Thanks for the advice, and we are thinking about it. For now, the situation seems to be under control, and we are being cautious but hopeful that the complete breaking of the friendship will be enough to let this pass. However, we are strongly considering purchasing a gun for personal protection, especially since this violent man owns several guns for both sporting and defense. My son is planning on taking me shooting next week so that I can try out some different guns to see how I like them.

On the security side, we're keeping the house locked 24x7 and we have two very large dogs who never fail to alert us if anyone comes near the house. I'm very confident that if anything goes wrong, even in the middle of the night, they will let us know immediately. (In fact, I believe that that's what kept this man out of the house last Sunday. With two such big dogs who bark like crazy, we never lock our doors. Anyone would be a fool to enter unwelcomed. If the dogs hadn't been on the other side of the front door, I'm sure he would have walked right in.)

Thanks again to all for your support!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbutler For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-28-2013), snowflake22 (02-28-2013), Storeytime (03-03-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,561 Times in 2,983 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Just prayed for you and your family!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-28-2013), tbutler (03-01-2013)