Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Some thoughts on "The Holidays" (or the lack thereof, right now).

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,904 Times in 3,908 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
"Let the crazy begin!"
MMC 365/24/7

Just sayin', is all...
HomemakinGirl (05-01-2013), Minta (04-30-2013), Ryan (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (05-01-2013)

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,821 Times in 3,033 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
This is probably unusual, but I get a kick out of the "patriotic season"---Memorial Day, Flag Day, and the Fourth of July. (Probably because my birthday is July 4th. ) I like to stock my MP3 player with Sousa marches and patriotic tunes toward the end of May as I look forward to the Fourth. Also unusual for MMCers, I enjoy the summertime. I feel a drag between New Year's Day and Easter, and after July 4th, it feels like the summer is going downhill. Now that I've adopted Christmas in July, I don't get that post-Fourth letdown so much!
I am with you! I love the summer, because there are so many fun things to do with family and friends, and because it starts the second half of the year (in my opinion, the second half is the best half!).

I love July 4th too! I usually watch the Duke movie McLintock and we have folks over for fire works.

And, my daughter almost shares a birthday with you, but she missed it by 2 hours and 15 minutes, arriving at 9:45 on July 3rd!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-01-2013), MerryCarey (04-30-2013), mgramsey (05-03-2013), Minta (04-30-2013), XmasDreams (05-01-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,853 Times in 1,105 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
This is probably unusual, but I get a kick out of the "patriotic season"---Memorial Day, Flag Day, and the Fourth of July. (Probably because my birthday is July 4th. ) I like to stock my MP3 player with Sousa marches and patriotic tunes toward the end of May as I look forward to the Fourth. Also unusual for MMCers, I enjoy the summertime. I feel a drag between New Year's Day and Easter, and after July 4th, it feels like the summer is going downhill. Now that I've adopted Christmas in July, I don't get that post-Fourth letdown so much!

Me too. I might not like summer so much, but I do like all the fireworks and picnics on the Fourth of July, and you're right; Sousa rules!

We decorate our office with patriotic flags and bunting for Memorial day, and leave them up till after the Fourth of July. We still have a lot of patients who were in service during WWII (as well as more recent wars), and they really like the patriotic decorations.

Best of all, after the Fourth of July, I feel like I can start getting ready for all of the holidays that are coming up!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-01-2013), mgramsey (05-03-2013), Minta (04-30-2013), XmasDreams (05-01-2013), Yuletide Junkie (05-01-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,194 Times in 6,088 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryBells View Post
Me too. I might not like summer so much, but I do like all the fireworks and picnics on the Fourth of July, and you're right; Sousa rules!
Yay, another Sousa fan!
There's nothing like rolling your car windows down on a warm June day and blasting Sousa on the sound system!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (05-01-2013), Minta (05-01-2013), XmasDreams (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,988 Times in 12,746 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Plus every month has a Rudolph Day. Like you, Judesandnoelsmama, I think it is a good time to try out new recipes and work on gifts. I also like to watch movies related to my favorite holidays, especially on the 25th of each month. I do not like the heat of the summer months, but like we say a lot on the Countdown forum, we have the days to the season running in the background. Anticipation alone sustains me during the "dry spells," especially when we "look through" the days-to-the-Season window.

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
I like to use this time of year for preparation.. try out new recipes, stalk the sales and get started on gifts!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,006 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Welll when I was single and younger I use to love the summer holidays. I'd have a cookout memorial day,4thof july and Labor day. Now that I am older and have kids I don't do the cook-out thing anymore but I do still like them..to me I see the Holiday period from about October 1st through New Year. Jan and Feb are terrible months usually as far as PCB go.BY march april and may it's spring and I guess it'snice to see everything come to life again..but really when I see the green leaves growing in april I always think to myself (those will be beautiful orange leaves come October!) Fall is really the season I live for and what is getting me through the summer months is cotton...yes cotton...It's grown everywhere around here in every field...it's like a cash crop or something..they plant it in early June and you can see it sprout out and grow in late June and all off July then in August it blooms out beautiful yellow flowers then in sept you can actually see the cotton on the vine and by the cool days of Autumn they begin harvesting it! well I know that is odd but as I drive to and from work everyday I notice them getting the fields ready and the process is soon about to start again..by the end of the season it will be my favorite time of year again...Fall!!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 53,280 Times in 8,831 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
I like to use this time of year for preparation.. try out new recipes, stalk the sales and get started on gifts!
This is what I do too. When my kids were younger it was much easier to shop for gifts through out the year. But now that they are older its tough, I don't want them to get stuck with something that they can't return. I will pick up small gifts when I see them, every little bit helps! As far as the summer goes, I'm not crazy about the heat and humidity. But sitting around the pool with a cocktail isn't such a bad thing, lol. And I love to entertain. Its fun to have friends and family for barbeques. Thats what gets me through.
Minta (05-01-2013), snowflake22 (05-01-2013), Yuletide Junkie (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
So I'm not the only one then who sees the 4th of July as the official kick off to the 2nd (and best) half of the year? Cool!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Minta (05-01-2013), snowflake22 (05-01-2013), XmasDreams (05-01-2013), Yuletide Junkie (05-01-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,965 Times in 502 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
It's odd but I love baseball. It is the only professional sport I really care about anymore. However, I am not a warm weather person. Any time the temp reaches 80 or above, I am not happy. Once we have our family vacation in late June / early July, I am ready for summer to end.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><