Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » christmas in july 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

BoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Every July 25th, we have a family reunion to celebrate Christmas in July......Come December, it becomes more and more difficult to get family and friends together to celebrate...It's a family tradition now, and everyone seems to look forward to it...I am retired, so I do all of the planning....Everyone takes the day off from work (if the 25th doesn't fall on a Saturday or Sunday) and we celebrate for 24 hours...We decorate a tree, go out singing Christmas Carols, we all save snow balls in our freezers from the winter and have a great snowball fight.We have three Christmas meals, exchange gifts, and even have a visit from the man himself (Santa) in the evening hours...Every year the reunion gets better and more memorable!
That sounds like a great day...what a wonderful tradition!

I have never done it before but think I am going to this year!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BoxerMom For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (07-05-2013), Christmasstar (07-15-2013), snowflake22 (07-05-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-15-2013)

Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
I just found out in the last few days, but as I mentioned in this thread, it appears Music Choice IS doing a "Christmas in July" week long event this year!

See the full schedule here. Let the rejoicing commence!
And it's started!! Music Choice listeners, tune in now to the "Sounds of the Season" channel for Christmas music!!

The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
And it's started!! Music Choice listeners, tune in now to the "Sounds of the Season" channel for Christmas music!!

No sorry it hasn't started yet.ive been checking like every hour and still nothing.i doubt it is going to start today as it would have already.when I saw this post I changed it right there to see if they did start it.i was gonna jump for joy lol.hopefully it's on tomorrow even tho the schedule said today.
Christmasstar (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,041 Times in 374 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
No sorry it hasn't started yet.ive been checking like every hour and still nothing.i doubt it is going to start today as it would have already.when I saw this post I changed it right there to see if they did start it.i was gonna jump for joy lol.hopefully it's on tomorrow even tho the schedule said today.
FYI...The on air cable guide has Sounds of the Season: The Pulse listed through 7/27/13. While the guide is not error free, this is not promising.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I'm sorry, I haven't actually checked the station yet, my bad!

Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
FYI...The on air cable guide has Sounds of the Season: The Pulse listed through 7/27/13. While the guide is not error free, this is not promising.
We need to be sending an email barrage to Music Choice then - that's false advertising!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (07-15-2013), Christmasstar (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,527 Times in 13,321 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
We always have a Christmas In July party at the lake with a white elephant exchange. Everybody decorates their trailers (some more than others ) & we have egg nog & a big meal. It's always so fun. And with that being said - this is the 1st year we won't be able to partake in the festivities! We have a wedding that night! What are they thinking getting married the same night as our Christmas In July party?? ha ha ha!

that sounds like so much fun!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,527 Times in 13,321 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Every July 25th, we have a family reunion to celebrate Christmas in July......Come December, it becomes more and more difficult to get family and friends together to celebrate...It's a family tradition now, and everyone seems to look forward to it...I am retired, so I do all of the planning....Everyone takes the day off from work (if the 25th doesn't fall on a Saturday or Sunday) and we celebrate for 24 hours...We decorate a tree, go out singing Christmas Carols, we all save snow balls in our freezers from the winter and have a great snowball fight.We have three Christmas meals, exchange gifts, and even have a visit from the man himself (Santa) in the evening hours...Every year the reunion gets better and more memorable!
hmmm, I wounder if my family would go for this? We seem to have more and more trouble getting everyone together at Christmas with the family growing and now the grand kids getting married. Plus travel would be esier with no snow to deal with.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
I'm sorry, I haven't actually checked the station yet, my bad!

We need to be sending an email barrage to Music Choice then - that's false advertising!
That's what I have been doing.i sent them two comments asking about it.they normally get back to you when you comment on the website.they responded back to me a couple months ago when I started asking them about playing christmas music for christmas in July.thats why I said I hope that schedule they came out with wasn't fake.if they don't have it on by tomorrow morning then we know it wasn't real.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by christmas87 View Post
That's what I have been doing.i sent them two comments asking about it.they normally get back to you when you comment on the website.they responded back to me a couple months ago when I started asking them about playing christmas music for christmas in July.thats why I said I hope that schedule they came out with wasn't fake.if they don't have it on by tomorrow morning then we know it wasn't real.
I don't think it's fake - considering the document I got that from was from their own website. When you contact them, be sure to refer them to the schedule they posted. Maybe their website got hacked?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I will be on here with my MMC family, finishing my Christmas Cards for the exchange. Listening to Christmas music and as I always have a tree up, I might get things ready for the real holiday....Plan and stage, get things ready to decorate at the end of October.