Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » Christmas in July 2013 radio events!

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,466
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,353 Views  0 Posts
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,125 Views  0 Posts
Who Put the X in...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:36 PM
43,722 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas Before Christ
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:38 PM
59,859 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2009
By MMC Editor
06-11-2009 11:15 PM
45,449 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
Now that's exactly what I'm talking about!! How did you ever find out about that?

I'm searching their website, and it's so hard to sort through...that's just amazing that you ever found that advertisement.
Yeah, nothing on the station's webpage that I could find either. A friend on FaceBook liked and shared the station's FaceBook post about the contest.

From the 107.7 FB page:

Fox 107.7
2 hours ago
LIKE/SHARE/WIN …
GRAND PRIZE VALUED AT $1,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES

IT’S FOX 107’S CHRISTMAS IN JULY! WE’RE GIVING AWAY A GREAT WEEKLY PRIZE PACKAGE EACH FRIDAY BETWEEN 3-6 PM BEGINNING FRIDAY JUNE 28, WITH THE GRAND PRIZE VALUED AT $1,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES GIVEN AWAY FRIDAY, JULY 19. TO ENTER ON FACEBOOK SIMPLY LIKE AND SHARE OUR SPONSORS’ AD AND YOU’RE ENTERED INTO THAT WEEK’S DRAWING. YOU CAN ALSO ENTER BY CALLING IN WHEN WE PLAY A CHRISTMAS SONG IN THE AFTERNOONS, OR STOP BY OUR SPONSOR LOCATIONS AND ENTER THERE. FOX 107’S CHRISTMAS IN JULY… LIKE AND SHARE TODAY AND YOU’RE ENTERED TO WIN!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), snowflake22 (06-22-2013)
Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Magic 1278 - Melbourne, Australia

While nothing is specifically mentioned about Christmas music on the air, Magic 1278 (AM) from Melbourne, Australia is hosting a CiJ Lunch.

http://www.magic1278.com.au/comp-christmasinjuly (with an online listen link.)

From the webpage:

Join Magic 1278 for Christmas In July!

Come and have some winter fun with the Magic 1278 team at our 13th annual Christmas In July lunch, on Thursday July 25th at the Dingley International Hotel.

This year we’re delighted to again be at the Dingley International Hotel.

.The entire Magic 1278 team will be there, and this year we will have an extra special guest in the building (and that’s a clue). We’ll be inviting 40 Magic listeners and their partners, and to be in the running for a free invitation, all you have to do is tell us who your favourite Magic 1278 presenter is and why. We’ll start announcing the lucky invitees from Monday July 1st. Please note: Previous winners are excluded from entering (we like to give everyone a chance).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), judesmama (06-30-2013), snowflake22 (06-22-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-05-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 06:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Positive Life Radio (Various) - Washington USA

Positive Life Radio with various stations in Washington State is sponsoring a Christmas in July Food Drive complete with six hours of Christmas music!

From the webpage:

Christmas in July Food Drive

July 25
12:00 pm 06:00 pm Pacific

The annual Christmas in July Food Drive is being held on Thursday, July 25 from Noon to 6pm around the NW. During those 6 hours, we will play Christmas music classics and encouraging listeners to drop of their donations to help local food banks.

During the summer months, food banks experience an increased need in food distributions...

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

In addition to the online listen link, Positive Life Radio terrestrial stations are:

Spokane, WA - KEEH 104.9
Moscow-Pullman 95.3
Yakima, WA - KYPL 91.1
Prineville 105.3
Bend 92.1.
Walla Walla/Tri-Cities, WA - KGTS 91.3
La Grande 106.7 & 105.5
Prosser 103.3
Arlington, OR 105.7
Wenatchee, WA - KPLW 89.9
Omak 91.5
Ephrata 101.1
Moses Lake 106.9
Cashmere 92.5
Leavenworth 93.1
Lewiston, ID - KPLL 94.9
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), judesmama (06-30-2013), KWasser (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-05-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-05-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

WVMC-FM - Ohio USA

This may not qualify for Christmas in July and it doesn't really fit into the stunt log.

WVMC with three stations in Ohio has been playing beat the heat Christmas music during June. How long this will continue isn't clear. I suspect that it's over tomorrow when new programming begins.

WVMC is a Christian radio station that up until July 1, 2013 (tomorrow) is affiliated with the Way FM Network which is getting out of the syndicated business to concentrate on radio stations that they own.

Though it didn't work for me, WVMC has an online listen link. Terrestrial stations are: WVMC FM - 90.7 Mansfield - 91.1 Ashland - 102.7 Wooster.

From the webpage:

Total Praise ~ The New WVMC July 1, 2013!

A first-ever Scootergram!

I'm being asked "Scott, what's with the Christmas music?". It's simple. It's been too hot lately. I thought Christmas music would help provide "cool" thoughts and memories. Well, yes, but not really. I've got a present for you to open Monday morning at 6, Total Praise, the NEW WVMC FM! When I think present, I think Christmas. So what better way to celebrate the launch of Total Praise than to play Christmas music! I'm told people are singing at work, tapping steering wheels, and remembering Christmas's past. And that's great. Sing along to the songs, spend some time together as a family, talk about what Christmas really means. And if you have a minute, pray for Engineer Mike, Office Manager Sara and myself as we put the shiny bow on your present for Monday morning...the NEW WVMC FM!

So happy Christmas in June...and thank you for listening to WVMC FM!...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), snowflake22 (07-05-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-05-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I'm trying to keep an eye out for online listen links for radio stations playing Christmas music for "Christmas in July" - I'd love to listen to various radio stations playing Christmas music for their local communities, and would love to hear local people calling in and thanking the DJ's for the Christmas music. (and I would hope to not hear anyone calling in to complain about the Christmas music). But seriously, hearing people call in saying they're touched by the playing of Christmas music, I really enjoy hearing those segments on local radio. Anyone else feel the same way?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), snowflake22 (07-05-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 03:02 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

I'm trying to keep an eye out for online listen links for radio stations playing Christmas music for "Christmas in July" - I'd love to listen to various radio stations playing Christmas music for their local communities, and would love to hear local people calling in and thanking the DJ's for the Christmas music. (and I would hope to not hear anyone calling in to complain about the Christmas music). But seriously, hearing people call in saying they're touched by the playing of Christmas music, I really enjoy hearing those segments on local radio. Anyone else feel the same way?

Here's your chance. I posted this in the stunt log:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
June/July 2013 - KKBR 97.1, Billings, Montana USA

Former 97.1 K-Bear stunting as 97.1 Santa-FM before possibly being re branded as Kiss 97.1. (Changing formats from Classic Hits to Contemporary Hits.)

No online listen link.

Source

Though I didn't find an online listen link there must be one somewhere. I recorded five hours worth of Santa-FM last night via DAR.fm. With a DAR free account one may record one station at a time.

How much of a local flavor involving call ins and on air personalities with community announcements I don't know. I haven't yet listened to anything. I did spot checked the recording before downlaoding into Roxanne (my iPod) and the signal seems to be there.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 07-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), KWasser (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-05-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Though I didn't find an online listen link there must be one somewhere. I recorded five hours worth of Santa-FM last night via DAR.fm. With a DAR free account one may record one station at a time.
Thanks!!

I think I found an online listen link though: From that link to DAR.fm that you provided above, if you just click on the "On Now" button, you can listen to it live! I'm listening right now. Or were you looking for an online listen link that was a little more "official" from the radio station?

Thing is, I don't think that radio station will have much interacting between DJ's and listeners if they are inbetween station formats. Still, it's nice to listen to.

How long is this going to last before it switches over to the new station format? Till July 25th? Hmmm....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanks!!

I think I found an online listen link though: From that link to DAR.fm that you provided above, if you just click on the "On Now" button, you can listen to it live! I'm listening right now. Or were you looking for an online listen link that was a little more "official" from the radio station?

Thing is, I don't think that radio station will have much interacting between DJ's and listeners if they are inbetween station formats. Still, it's nice to listen to.

How long is this going to last before it switches over to the new station format? Till July 25th? Hmmm....
Duh! There is "On Now" button?! Boy! Is my forum face red!

KKBR has now been re-branded as "Pop Crush 97.1 FM" featuring "Today's Hit Music".

DAR.fm captured five hours of Santa-FM for my archives. There were local commercial breaks but no live On air personalities nor interaction with listeners.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 07-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Radio Your Way - Internet

Not a terrestrial radio station and very short notice, but Internet station Radio Your Way is playing all Christmas now. Listeners can weigh in in the chat room whether current host continues to play Christmas!

Addendum: As luck would have it, I was recording a sampling of OYW via DAR.fm to see if the programming would be to my taste. Imagine my surprise when DJ Bud Francis segued from Fourth of July Patriotic music into Christmas in July! DAR caught the program for my archive!

An online DJ that I listen to is moving his show from one internet station (Top Shelf Oldies) to Oldies Your Way which is a new place for me. I logged into chat and thanked Francis for the CiJ music. I'm not a huge fan of Doo-Wop as some of the shows at both places feature however, overall there are some good and obscure oldies at both. Most of the DeeJays are serious record collectors!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 07-04-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:24 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

(Maybe) WCSF-88.7 - Jolliet, Illinois USA

WCSF-88.7 - Jolliet, Illinois USA (with an online listen link)

Since 2010 folks have read my posts going on and on about WCSF in Jolliet, Illinois. WCSF’s annual Spirit of Christmas programming during the season is second to none of the all Christmas music terrestrial radio stations!

Yesterday, WCSF hinted on their FaceBook page of a CiJ broadcast with:

Happy Birthday, America!!

FYI: Plans for “Christmas in July” are still TBD. We’ll keep you updated!
Attached Images
File Type: gif edge_listen_livexmas.gif (5.0 KB, 0 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-07-2013), made582 (07-07-2013), snowflake22 (07-05-2013), Storeytime (07-07-2013), Yuletide Junkie (07-05-2013)