Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » Christmas in July 2013 radio events!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.


  Log-in
  Register




















» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,226
Posts: 630,750
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-16-2013, 02:38 PM
KWasser KWasser is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 410
Thanks: 78
Thanked 834 Times in 244 Posts
KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WXPN - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA with an online listen link.

Noon Eastern Today! DAR.fm rolling!

http://xpn.org/

Attachment 1916

I can't enlarge that thumbnail to see what the heck it's advertising...but you make it sound like it's cool!

EDIT: I copied this from the XPN website: They were apparently playing these songs during the noon hour:

12 pm
Kurt Vile - Shame Chamber - Wakin' On a Pretty Daze Buy
The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock'n Roll (But I Like It) - It's Only Rock 'N Roll Buy
Regina Spektor - You've Got Time - You've Got Time (Single) Buy
The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York - If I Should Fall From Grace With God Buy
Marah - Baby It's Cold Outside - A Christmas Kind Of Town Buy
Guster - Donde Esta Santa Claus? - Maybe This Christmas, Too Buy
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Winter Wonderland - Constantine Christmas-disc 2 Buy
Jim Boggia - Christmas Wish - PL Home for the Holidays Vol 3 Buy
The Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys Christmas Album Buy
The Kinks - Father Christmas - Constantine Christmas-disc 1 Buy
Joni Mitchell - River - Blue Buy
Iron And Wine - Singers And The Endless Song - Ghost On Ghost Buy
Neneh Cherry - Move With Me - Homebrew Buy
Dawes - From A Window Seat - Stories Don't End Buy
A rather interesting playlist...

Reply With Quote


  #32  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 PM
RadioJonD's Avatar
RadioJonD RadioJonD is offline
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moon Winx Trailer Park
Posts: 8,533
Blog Entries: 32
Thanks: 2,293
Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
I can't enlarge that thumbnail to see what the heck it's advertising...but you make it sound like it's cool!

EDIT: I copied this from the XPN website: They were apparently playing these songs during the noon hour:



A rather interesting playlist...

You have to like a station that airs a twenty-four marathon Christmas music show on Christmas Eve!


Last edited by RadioJonD; 07-16-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 PM
sdkluger's Avatar
sdkluger sdkluger is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 624
Thanks: 169
Thanked 168 Times in 124 Posts
sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
WCSF-88.7 - Jolliet, Illinois USA (with an online listen link)

Since 2010 folks have read my posts going on and on about WCSF in Jolliet, Illinois. WCSF’s annual “Spirit of Christmas” programming during the season is second to none of the all Christmas music terrestrial radio stations!

Yesterday, WCSF hinted on their FaceBook page of a CiJ broadcast with:

Happy Birthday, America!!

FYI: Plans for “Christmas in July” are still TBD. We’ll keep you updated!
It's official! As posted on their FaceBook page, WCSF's Christmas in July will begin at noon on July 23 and last until midnight on July 25. This will be online only at http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/. I echo RadioJonD sentiments about this station. It is my all-time favorite online Christmas station. No where have I heard the variety of Christmas songs that I have heard here.
__________________
Tim

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (07-22-2013), XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
  #34  
Old 07-23-2013, 07:28 AM
RadioJonD's Avatar
RadioJonD RadioJonD is offline
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moon Winx Trailer Park
Posts: 8,533
Blog Entries: 32
Thanks: 2,293
Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by sdkluger View Post
It's official! As posted on their FaceBook page, WCSF's Christmas in July will begin at noon on July 23 and last until midnight on July 25. This will be online only at http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/. I echo RadioJonD sentiments about this station. It is my all-time favorite online Christmas station. No where have I heard the variety of Christmas songs that I have heard here.
Nice!

WCSF wasn’t in DAR.fm as a record choice so I added the station this morning. Hopefully DAR.fm will recognize the lesser known stream service that WCSF uses. If DAR proves successful, I hope to capture all 60hours!

Just in case, I have Adobe Audition recorder timers set on my home computer to catch the first few hours of WCSF Christmas programming. Considering the stream doesn’t auto time out or the power doesn’t go out, there’s a back up.

http://www.dar.fm/submit_user_search...er_search=wcsf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
  #35  
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM
XmasDreams's Avatar
XmasDreams XmasDreams is online now
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tullahoma, Tn
Posts: 9,303
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 6,792
Thanked 6,499 Times in 1,598 Posts
XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by sdkluger View Post
It's official! As posted on their FaceBook page, WCSF's Christmas in July will begin at noon on July 23 and last until midnight on July 25. This will be online only at http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/. I echo RadioJonD sentiments about this station. It is my all-time favorite online Christmas station. No where have I heard the variety of Christmas songs that I have heard here.

One of the best things about this link you sent was the list of the top 25 songs of 2012.. I was so execited to see that #1 was Hardrock, Coco & Joe

here is the full top 25..

Below for the results of your votes for 2012. THANK YOU to all who voted!
  • 25 – Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
  • 24 – Little St. Nick – Beach Boys
  • 23 – Santa Claus is Back in Town – Elvis Presley
  • 22 – Around the Christmas Tree Polka – Bob Doszak
  • 21 – If Every Day was Like Christmas – Elvis Presley
  • 20 – Frosty the Snowman – Jan & Dean
  • 19 – Christmas Guest – Johnny Cash
  • 18 – All I Want for Christmas is You – Vince Vance and the Valiants
  • 17 – Snoopy’s Christmas – Royal Guardsmen
  • 16 – 12 Pains of Christmas – Bob Rivers
  • 15 – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
  • 14 – The Gift – Garth Brooks
  • 13 – Rusty Chevrolet – Da Yoopers
  • 12 – White Christmas – Bing Cosby
  • 11 – Nightmare Before Christmas – Ray Stevens
  • 10 – Christmas in America – Pat Benatar
  • 9 – Don’t Be a Jerk, It’s Christmas – SpongeBob, SquarePants
  • 8 – Ave Maria – Ken Plese & Mike Zolecki
  • 7 – Merry Christmas, Darling – Carpenters
  • 6 – Little Drummer Boy – Bing Crosby and David Bowie
  • 5 – Jingle Bell Hustle – Wayne Newton
  • 4 – Dominick the Donkey – Lou Monte
  • 3 – Angels Among Us – Alabama
  • 2 – O Holy Knight – Ken Plese
  • 1 – Hardrock, Coco & Joe
Previous Years Top 25 Christmas Songs
__________________
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (07-23-2013)
  #36  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:23 AM
RadioJonD's Avatar
RadioJonD RadioJonD is offline
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moon Winx Trailer Park
Posts: 8,533
Blog Entries: 32
Thanks: 2,293
Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
One of the best things about this link you sent was the list of the top 25 songs of 2012.. I was so execited to see that #1 was Hardrock, Coco & Joe

here is the full top 25..

Below for the results of your votes for 2012. THANK YOU to all who voted!
  • 25 – Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
  • 24 – Little St. Nick – Beach Boys
  • 23 – Santa Claus is Back in Town – Elvis Presley
  • 22 – Around the Christmas Tree Polka – Bob Doszak
  • 21 – If Every Day was Like Christmas – Elvis Presley
  • 20 – Frosty the Snowman – Jan & Dean
  • 19 – Christmas Guest – Johnny Cash
  • 18 – All I Want for Christmas is You – Vince Vance and the Valiants
  • 17 – Snoopy’s Christmas – Royal Guardsmen
  • 16 – 12 Pains of Christmas – Bob Rivers
  • 15 – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
  • 14 – The Gift – Garth Brooks
  • 13 – Rusty Chevrolet – Da Yoopers
  • 12 – White Christmas – Bing Cosby
  • 11 – Nightmare Before Christmas – Ray Stevens
  • 10 – Christmas in America – Pat Benatar
  • 9 – Don’t Be a Jerk, It’s Christmas – SpongeBob, SquarePants
  • 8 – Ave Maria – Ken Plese & Mike Zolecki
  • 7 – Merry Christmas, Darling – Carpenters
  • 6 – Little Drummer Boy – Bing Crosby and David Bowie
  • 5 – Jingle Bell Hustle – Wayne Newton
  • 4 – Dominick the Donkey – Lou Monte
  • 3 – Angels Among Us – Alabama
  • 2 – O Holy Knight – Ken Plese
  • 1 – Hardrock, Coco & Joe
Previous Years Top 25 Christmas Songs
That mix of traditional and nontraditional clearly illustrates WCSF's & their listeners Christmas music uniqueness. They almost have the perfect blend!

DAR Update: A fifteen minute test recording says that WCSF isn’t available. Phooey!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
  #37  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:04 AM
KWasser KWasser is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 410
Thanks: 78
Thanked 834 Times in 244 Posts
KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by sdkluger View Post
It's official! As posted on their FaceBook page, WCSF's Christmas in July will begin at noon on July 23 and last until midnight on July 25. This will be online only at http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/. I echo RadioJonD sentiments about this station. It is my all-time favorite online Christmas station. No where have I heard the variety of Christmas songs that I have heard here.
So they're not airing it over the air? A shame...

So if I understand right, that online listen link that's on the stfrancis.edu webpage will transform into Christmas music here at 12 noon today? But if you're listening on the radio there in Illinois, you'll just hear normal punk rock music?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (07-23-2013)
  #38  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 AM
RadioJonD's Avatar
RadioJonD RadioJonD is offline
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moon Winx Trailer Park
Posts: 8,533
Blog Entries: 32
Thanks: 2,293
Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
So they're not airing it over the air? A shame...

So if I understand right, that online listen link that's on the stfrancis.edu webpage will transform into Christmas music here at 12 noon today? But if you're listening on the radio there in Illinois, you'll just hear normal punk rock music?
That’s my understanding too.

If WCSF adds another stream for Christmas music, my set up at home is null & void. To be honest, I’m too old for the music played on “The Edge”.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 AM
RachRon's Avatar
RachRon RachRon is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 716
Thanks: 423
Thanked 991 Times in 228 Posts
RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
Has anyone found the link for the Christmas music on WCSF ? I haven't been able to I hope they still go ahead with it after Music Choice changed their minds !!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM
RadioJonD's Avatar
RadioJonD RadioJonD is offline
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moon Winx Trailer Park
Posts: 8,533
Blog Entries: 32
Thanks: 2,293
Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by RachRon View Post
Has anyone found the link for the Christmas music on WCSF ? I haven't been able to I hope they still go ahead with it after Music Choice changed their minds !!
Oops! How could I have forgotten?!!

Straight to player - http://wcsf.streamon.fm/

Or click on the green 88.7 Listen Live Logo at - http://www.stfrancis.edu/spirit/

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
RachRon (07-23-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas





2012 Founder's Award