Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Plans/Preparations/Ideas Christmas 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,026
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 06-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Mistletoe Plans/Preparations/Ideas Christmas 2013

Hello Christmas Friends,

We are now halfway to Christmas and with Christmas in July celebrations approaching there is no doubt that Christmas is on our minds more than ever .

Once summer is over and Autumn begins, my anticpation accelerates with the passing of every week. The start of October is like the official Pre season start for me with plans and preps heavily on my mind. Once the christmas season begins mid November I hope to have a good idea of where I am up to with things so I can savour the final weeks that lead up to the big day.

As we are now halfway there and with Christmas in July celebrations I imagine many of us have started thinking about plans for this Christmas. I have started collecting pine cones from my back garden to make this years tree decorations. I will proabably try and paint them in the next few weeks so that they can dry outside in the warm weather.

Have any of you started doing anything or making any plans yet???? I would love to hear what your ideas for this Christams are so far..........

It will be nice to keep track of it all here over the next few months!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (07-02-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), Ryan (06-27-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013), sugar142286 (06-27-2013), Yuletide Junkie (06-28-2013)

Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,703 Times in 13,357 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
not much yet, but that is because I am busy with taking a course to teach adults cake decorating.
But when I get back to the Christmas stuff I will be painting a nativity set I picked up at a thrift store a few months ago. It is a ceramic set that has never been painted so I get to choose the colors for it all.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,926 Times in 1,651 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Well, I was thinking about how I'd like to string icicle lights all across my living room, but it's such a big room and I think my husband might kill me if I put another decorating item on his list! I picked up a few little toys for the kids so far and I got some pretty paper liners for mini breads, which will be great for gifts! Target's toy clearance has just begun so I should be done with kid shopping within the next few weeks, I hope!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), Festive Spirit (06-27-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), Ryan (06-27-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013), sugar142286 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,616 Times in 2,999 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am starting to make a list of Christmas songs to download as I am trying to expand my music library. I am making an extensive list of Christmas songs, and then finding at least three or so artists singing each song, to see which versions I like the best.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), Clark (06-27-2013), Festive Spirit (06-27-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), snowflake22 (06-27-2013), sugar142286 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Clark has shown a merry disposition
Ryan...I have a few hundred favorite Christmas Albums and songs but if you have not heard Manhattan Transfer's holiday album, I recommend it. Their version of a seldom heard "Snowfall" gets frequent play at my house!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), Festive Spirit (06-27-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013), sugar142286 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 02:18 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
not much yet, but that is because I am busy with taking a course to teach adults cake decorating.
But when I get back to the Christmas stuff I will be painting a nativity set I picked up at a thrift store a few months ago. It is a ceramic set that has never been painted so I get to choose the colors for it all.
How lovely , you can really make it your own by painting it to your own taste.

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Well, I was thinking about how I'd like to string icicle lights all across my living room, but it's such a big room and I think my husband might kill me if I put another decorating item on his list! I picked up a few little toys for the kids so far and I got some pretty paper liners for mini breads, which will be great for gifts! Target's toy clearance has just begun so I should be done with kid shopping within the next few weeks, I hope!
Icicle ligts acoss the room would be so magical! I love that. Sounds like you are really organised when it comes to shopping!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I am starting to make a list of Christmas songs to download as I am trying to expand my music library. I am making an extensive list of Christmas songs, and then finding at least three or so artists singing each song, to see which versions I like the best.
Oh I would love to see a list of your final selection. I make a playlist every year and I'm always looking for new songs/versions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,052 Times in 379 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Helpful hint: According to reliable sources, Baby Jesus did not have a pink blanky.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,703 Times in 13,357 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
Helpful hint: According to reliable sources, Baby Jesus did not have a pink blanky.
thanks for that info!LOL

I dislike the sets that show Him lying almost naked arms outstretched on the hay. Really, would you put you newborn like that in a barn? Not to mention babies only stretch out their arms when they have been scared by something. The Bible says "she wrapped him in swaddling cloths" that means He was all wrapped up, warm and snug. So I got busy and did some chipping, added some of that same cloth they use to make casts and wrapped him up in it, then put Him in the manger. Looks so much more real and natural. Painting will be fun, I love to make it all my own. I also have to find some kind of barn to use as a back drop for it.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,893 Times in 3,818 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have donealmost not hing, but my mom bought a light chain for me today...I am constantly thinking of what to buy and when....but with the expenses of a new wardrobe and stuff after the flood of our house....I cannot afford to buy anything before letīs say September....in my mind Iīm planning tho and singing christmas songs!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), Festive Spirit (07-01-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,781 Times in 6,021 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
thanks for that info!LOL

I dislike the sets that show Him lying almost naked arms outstretched on the hay. Really, would you put you newborn like that in a barn? Not to mention babies only stretch out their arms when they have been scared by something. The Bible says "she wrapped him in swaddling cloths" that means He was all wrapped up, warm and snug. So I got busy and did some chipping, added some of that same cloth they use to make casts and wrapped him up in it, then put Him in the manger. Looks so much more real and natural. Painting will be fun, I love to make it all my own. I also have to find some kind of barn to use as a back drop for it.
The "arms out" pose is supposed to convey that the Child is blessing those around him, I believe---much as a minister spreads his arms when he pronounces the benediction in a church service. That's how I always interpreted it. You see that pose in some Old Masters' paintings of the Nativity.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (06-29-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013), whitney37354 (07-01-2013)