Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Christmas CD/Music Reviews done by and for Christmas Fanatics

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,463 Times in 15,103 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Bells Christmas CD/Music Reviews done by and for Christmas Fanatics

This idea for a thread hit me when I have read reviews from "professional" music reviewers. They usually give a basic review for holiday music, but it never truly will convince me if it is something I want to listen to or buy.

We are a community here who thrives on all things Christmas, and if us members give our own reviews that may "push" us into some music we may not usually be interested in. I myself would not think about buying anything Country, but if I read stuff from other Christmas lovers, it may make me think twice.

RJD always does a great job leading us to find great Christmas music, and I have found and discovered so much solely because of him. So....

Let's help each other out, and find some new Christmas music for each other.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,463 Times in 15,103 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Straight No Chaser- "Under The Influence: Holiday Edition"

Tracklist:
1. Everyday Is Christmas [feat. Colbie Caillat]
2. White Christmas [feat. CeeLo Green]
3. Merry Christmas Baby [feat. Otis Redding]
4. Wonderful Christmastime [feat. Paul McCartney]
5. Home By Christmas Day
6. Nutcracker
7. Song For Santa
8. Amazing Grace

My wife and I have loved SNC since we saw their first PBS Christmas special, we have seen them live, and we have nearly all their CD's. But we do own all of their Christmas CD's.
We heard of the new Christmas release coming out back in early autumn and we decided right then we had to add it to our collection.

The featured performers along with SNC has been an added new twist to their beautiful vocals. As with their other releases their harmonies are beautiful, and their humor is prevalent in some of the songs.

The surprise to me was the first track: " Everyday Is Christmas [feat. Colbie Caillat]" the first few lyrics hit home to us Christmas nuts who hit those dreaded Post Christmas Blues after the season is over, it is a great song that actually makes you feel warm.

Track 2 is a fun basic run through of White Christmas, nothing special in my opinion

Track 3 with Otis Redding is completely enjoyable

Track 4 Wonderful Christmastime/Paul McCartney is an actual improvement over the heavily synthesized 1970's version. I truly enjoyed it.

Track 5 Is a little sentimental but great harmonies as usual.

Track 6 This is the humor on the CD and my personal favorite, if you like Christmas Can Can, you will probably like this. Just an enjoyable fun thing a lot of people can relate to. Watch football or go to ballet, hmmmmmm.

Track 7 This one is okay, it has yet to grow on me.

Track 8 Just a showcase of their amazing harmonies, a great version of Amazing Grace. I am not a fan of the song in general, but I enjoy this version.

In my opinion this CD is probably a must for SNC fans, if you are not a fan the songs to get on single MP3 would be:
Nutcracker if it fits your humor
Merry Christmas, Baby feat. Otis Redding
Wonderful Christmastime feat Paul McCartney

I give it a rocking reindeer