Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » The worst Christmas album ever?

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Eggnog: A Colonial...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:49 PM
70,554 Views  0 Posts
Stan Freberg's Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:54 PM
0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,120 Views  0 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
48,917 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,184 Views  7 Posts

Old 07-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
Worst "Christmas" album of all time...IMHO...

Mojo Nixon and the Toad Liquors - Horny Holidays

It's like 10-year-olds discovered the shock value of profanity for the first time. To say it is puerile gives it too much credit.

You'll be in need of ear-washing after that. You've been warned.
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (09-10-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
We have one by frogs, by cats, and another by dogs...guess they go with the Chipmunks
Old 07-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by EstherSmith View Post
I would by no means call this the WORST Christmas cd, but I was really disappointed with Johnny Mathis' latest Christmas cd. Johnny's voice still sounds great, but the production on the album was not very good. The orchestrations sound kind of and over-synthesized to me. I still listen to it occasionally, but it is inferior to all of Johnny's other Christmas cds.

Why does a smiley replace the word c-h-e-e-s-y in my post?
Which one?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by scooterbugs25 View Post
Yes it is a country song i would say its like most country songs.

Someone is drunk, the wife left, We are going broke, I need love and the children are still sad. The dog wont stop barking so i had to have another beer!

Most of the country songs are sad and depressing
Roy Rogers Jr plays western swing with the High Riders. He usually opens with the difference between western swing and country. In the joke he says Country Music is about Lyin', Cryin', Cheatin', and Dyin'.
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (09-21-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:00 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
Worst "Christmas" album of all time...IMHO...

Mojo Nixon and the Toad Liquors - Horny Holidays

It's like 10-year-olds discovered the shock value of profanity for the first time. To say it is puerile gives it too much credit.

You'll be in need of ear-washing after that. You've been warned.
This is even one that I passed over at a bargain in a pawnshop! (Can ya hardly believe it?!) I had heard cuts from this nowhere CD and knew it wasn't me.

Mojo Nixon music is way more miss than hit; not worth the first glance really.

Good call HJ!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
made582 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 04:08 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
Ever since 1997, I've given my sister a Christmas album for her birthday (November 21st). The worst/her least favorite? The album from Destiny Child from 2001 is her least favorite, all the others have been winners.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Jane Mcdonald - Cruise into Christmas Ewwww! Every time the single comes on the tele it brings out the Grinch in me LOL!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Merry Fourms Member

duranie has shown a merry disposition
I've loved reading through people's choices of worst Christmas albums! As a huge collector of Christmas albums, I love tracking down ones I haven't heard of before, and this thread offered a few titles I didn't know! My favorites tend to be ones that would show up in most people's 'worst' list.

As for my own selection of worst Christmas album.. Right now I'd have to go with Celine Dion's These Are Special Times. The girl can sing, no arguing that.. but I find it such a bland Christmas release. I'm sure I can think of more dreadful albums in my collection too!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas is by far my least favorite! Christmas Shoes is a close second. And the John Lennon version of the song he wrote, Happy Xmas (the War is Over). I actually like some cover versions of that song but Yoko Ono's dreadful backup vocals ruin he original for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free