Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » The worst Christmas album ever?

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,897 Views  0 Posts
Wreaths: Eternity's...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:28 PM
50,486 Views  0 Posts
santahat Shoppers: They're...
By MMC Editor
11-23-2011 09:47 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
01-07-2012 02:02 PM
90,372 Views  2 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
58,944 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I always change the station when I hear Christmas Shoes, Mary Did You Know, or Grownup Christmas List.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Twisted Sister's Twisted Christmas yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to dominick For This Useful Post:
GingerMel (11-19-2012)
Old 10-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Twisted Sister's Twisted Christmas yet.

Probably because nobody heard it here. I know I haven't
Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
the worst christmas song i have heard to date is that mannheim steamroller song (can't think for the life of me what the song is called, but it's a classic) it is dreadful! heard it on merry christmas radio and couldn't stop laughing.

my favourite christmas song of all time is without a doubt "fairytale of new york"
Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

little miss icequeen has shown a merry dispositionlittle miss icequeen has shown a merry disposition
I agree Johnor, "Fairytale of New York" is one of the best christmas songs.

Isn´t it Paul Mcartney who sings "A wonderful christmas time"?
Well, I don´t like that song.
I think that is one of the worst.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by EstherSmith View Post
I listen to a lot of Christmas music, but I don't think that I know "Christmas Shoes." Who is the original artist? Is a country song? I don't listen to a lot of country music.

Funny story about the hubby!

I don't care for "Mary, Did You Know?" by Clay Aiken. Too sappy. Sorry, Clay!
"Christmas shoes" is sung by the Christian group 'New Song'. It's about this little boy whose mother is dying on Christmas Eve and he's trying to buy her a new pair of shoes so she'll look pretty when she goes to heaven and sees Jesus. It's told from the perspective of a man in line at the store with him, who helps him pay for the shoes since it turns out he doesn't have enough money to buy the shoes for his mom.

You can listen to it by visiting their MySpace page

http://www.myspace.com/newsongonline

It's listed in their little playlist that loads on the page, but I warn you, be prepared to cry.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:00 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I've been mulling this one over for a while, trying to figure out what I thought was the worst and I've come up empty...I know I don't care much for the "Very Special Christmas" series after the second one, and I have several songs that I don't like (i.e. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, Domenick the Donkey...That crappy Britney Spears song on the second "Now That's What I call Christmas" series...) but I don't have a whole album I hate. I'd have an even harder time to tell you what my favorite one is though!

Jay
mike24forever (03-10-2013), Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by Sunshine73 View Post
"Christmas shoes" is sung by the Christian group 'New Song'. It's about this little boy whose mother is dying on Christmas Eve and he's trying to buy her a new pair of shoes so she'll look pretty when she goes to heaven and sees Jesus. It's told from the perspective of a man in line at the store with him, who helps him pay for the shoes since it turns out he doesn't have enough money to buy the shoes for his mom.

You can listen to it by visiting their MySpace page

http://www.myspace.com/newsongonline

It's listed in their little playlist that loads on the page, but I warn you, be prepared to cry.
Christmas Shoes HAS to be one of my favorite Christmas songs! I still cry every single time I hear no matter how many times that is!! My kids and I always cry through it.

I also like the song Maria's Gift about a little girl who goes to goes to give a gift to Baby Jesus but is so poor she can only give him a bird. It turns out that the bird is a Nightengale (spelling?) and it sings beautifully. It's the basic message that she gave all she had and it was perfect!! My kids like that one too.

Diana
The Following User Says Thank You to officepro4u For This Useful Post:
Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)
Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 AM

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by little miss icequeen View Post
Isn´t it Paul Mcartney who sings "A wonderful christmas time"?
Well, I don´t like that song.
I think that is one of the worst.
Surely you jest.

Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
...several songs that I don't like (i.e. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, Domenick the Donkey...
Oh, I loathe Grandma Got Run Over. There is something fundamentally wrong about singing about Grandma's demise on Christmas. Watch what you say about the donkey, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dominick For This Useful Post:
mike24forever (03-10-2013), Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)
Old 10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,598 Times in 550 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I knew I catch you on the Donkey comment...Actually, on your behalf, I took another listen to the song and I don't dislike it nearly as much as I thought...So I will defer to your judgement and remove this song from my list of dislikes!

jay
Yuletide Junkie (06-27-2013)
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the appeal.