Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 "Christmas in July" radio station events!

Discussion in 'Christmas Radio & Audio' started by RadioJonD, Jul 3, 2017.

1. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

KWasser's intro:

It's time to start preparing once again for "Christmas in July" on the radio!

Sure, Christmas music is aired on many stations starting in the November/December (or October, if you're lucky), but this thread is dedicated to tracking the rare "Christmas in July" radio events!

There may be radio stations switching over to Christmas music for a day, or a weekend, a whole week, etc...or if they're not switching over to full Christmas music for a day, maybe they'll play a Christmas song at the top of the hour. Or maybe you've heard some advertisements on the radio that have a "Christmas in July" theme to them? Whatever you hear, this is the thread to report it!

So does anyone know of any "Christmas in July" events that are being advertised amongst their local radio stations, or on their radio stations websites?!?

As you learn of stations making the switch to all "Christmas in July", post ‘em here. List the station call sign, frequency and city. Also be sure to include a station link, especially if they stream their audio online!

mike24forever likes this.
  2. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

WLRA, 88.1 FM - Romeoville. Illinois

On now! And with an online stream.

From the webpage:

WLRA Airs Christmas Music in July to Benefit United Way
    Published: June 19, 2017.

[​IMG]

If the hot summer sun causes a craving for the coolness of winter, tune in to WLRA-FM (88.1 FM) or download their free iPhone application and listen to holiday music 24 hours a day, from July 3-July 9. The application connects listeners to the “WLRA Christmas in July,” a benefit broadcast for the United Way of Will County. Instead of commercials, WLRA will air brief messages every 15 minutes about United Way agencies in Will County at no cost to the United Way or the agencies.

The WLRA Christmas programming has been prepared so the selections will feature sacred and popular music from traditional to contemporary, appealing to people of all tastes and ages, carrying on the happy Christmas tradition of benefitting the 46 partner agencies of United Way.

Tuning into WLRA is easier than ever with many ways to listen to the broadcast. Turn the radio dial to 88.1 FM. Log on to www.lewisu.edu/wlra for internet streaming. Download the iPhone app at the iTunes store and listen on your mobile device.

The United Way of Will County is a local, not-for-profit organization that raises money annually to support local human care services provided by local, not-for-profit agencies. Through donations, the agencies have built neighborhood strength and safety, bolstered the health and well-being of communities, strengthened families and nurtured and supported children and youth. United Way is committed to helping the people of Will County, as it is governed by local volunteers, raises local dollars in local communities and helps local residents.

Lewis University is an innovative and entrepreneurial Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University is nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. Visit www.lewisu.edu for further information.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  3. RadioJonD

WBOI. 89.1, Ft. Wayne Indiana

My pal Rob Martinez is back for another Christmas in July edition of "The Nights Before Christmas."

Rob is taking requests. If you want to make a request but aren't on FaceBook, give it to me and I'll relay your name, city, and request to him. The more obscure, the better.

Details from his FaceBook Page.

The Nights Before Christmas

June 25 at 6:28pm ·

Happy LEON Day! Exactly six months to Christmas today!

Now would be a great time to add to the fun on Wednesday, July 19th from 9 PM to 11 PM, ET - you request your favorite Christmas song and I'll play them! Click on the cover photo for all the details!

We want to hear from you - and please share with a friend who loves Christmas music! Thanks!

mike24forever likes this.
  4. misteranty

misteranty Christmas Fan MMC Member

Just a reminder to everyone that if your cable provider subscribes to Music Choice, they will be starting the Christmas In July event on the Sounds of the Seasons channel starting Monday, July 10th - the end of the month.

RadioJonD likes this.
  5. mike24forever

mike24forever Christmas Heart MMC Lifer

MillCity Radio is doing their Christmas In July from July 23rd to 29th. You can find them on Twitter or online at www.millcityradio.com. I've been listening to them for 3 years now.

KWasser and RadioJonD like this.
  6. ColeThePony

ColeThePony Christmas Fan MMC Member

Well i got bad news. Last year Lite 105 played Christmas Music in july,
    in 2017, Lite 105 is gone now.
    Magic 105 will don't do Christmas in July this year

Here's the announcement:
    https://www.facebook.com/wlqtdb/posts/843011945863593 & https://www.facebook.com/wlqtdb/posts/844447925719995

Because of no Christmas music In July. let the listeners get used to the new format and the new branding.

But i wish Magic 105 all the best for the future of this radio station.

RadioJonD likes this.
  7. ColeThePony

RadioJonD likes this.
  8. RadioJonD

WCRS, 92.7 & 98.3 FM - Columbus, Ohio

Mondays 8-9 PM ET - DJBC Happy Hour

July 24 & July 31, 2017 - Two CiJ shows.

From DJBC Happy Hour FaceBook page:

The DJBC Happy Hour

The next two weeks on our show (after tomorrow night's show, obviously)...Christmas in July.

Next Week - TBD (This may take ALL six days to figure it out, or it will be ALL just Christmas Music)

July 31 - The Best of Christmas in July (the best sketches & highlights from the first six years of Christmas in July, plus some music)

And don't forget to pick out a Christmas tree, starting...now (just ask the fine folks at Hobby Lobby, hehe).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. RadioJonD

One hour and a half from this post time. Always a great show from my pal Rob featuring lesser known and obscure Christmas music.

From Rob:

The Nights Before Christmas
    In approximately two hours, we'll be on the air for "Christmas In July" - we have over 45 requests and two hours to cram them in.

Share this with someone you know who loves holiday music - see you at 9 PM right here!

http://12.bteradio.com:8300/WBOI.mp3

Click on this link to stream the show!
    12.BTERADIO.COM

XmasDreams likes this.
  10. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer MMC Donor

How did the show go? Missed it was pretty steady here at work tonight

11. ColeThePony

I requested a christmas song i heard before on the WPIX Yule Log

RadioJonD likes this.
  12. ColeThePony

[​IMG]
    IT'S HAPPENING!!

RadioJonD likes this.
  13. RadioJonD

The show went very well! Rob's listeners have very good/eclectic taste in Christmas music!

My DAR.fm recorded last night's show. Subscribe via iTunes or a RSS using http://www.dar.fm/rss/6694zge.

(Also still available is the hundreds of hours of recordings from December 2016. They will remain until I need the room or the files automatically expire. For some reason the files have lasted far beyond the usual expiration period.)

I've played Kitty Wells' "Dasher..." on my radio show. Think I'll have to dig it out again for this year! Good one, ColeThePony!

14. ColeThePony

RadioJonD likes this.
  15. ColeThePony

It's also on the 5th hour of the Yule Log from WPIX.

First time hearing it. :) I remember that

RadioJonD likes this.
  16. Mix105Indy

Mix105Indy Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

Hello all from your holiday headquarters at www.mix105indy.com! We have a 24/7 all Christmas webstream up and running at gemini.shoutca.st/start/mix105hd4 from now through the 31st.

The regular Mix 105 stream will be all Christmas for 24 hours starting Monday at 12p EST, July 24th. Listen online at www.mix105indy.com.

ColeThePony and RadioJonD like this.
  17. ColeThePony

I am listening to it right now