Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Even Christmas has birthdays — special occasions of Christmas past that we have to look back on and remember. Is this episode of the Merry Little Podcast we explore the Christmas anniversaries of 2017 including the greatest hits of 50, 60, 70, 80 — even 160 years ago!

You can’t have an episode like this without spilling into some Christmas history either. For example, did you know that 2017 marks the anniversary of the first time eggnog was consumed in America?

Come along and enjoy this stroll down Christmas memory lane as we celebrate the anniversaries of Christmas.

Continue reading...

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Jeff, as person that has a birthday around Christmas it is truth that it can feel that it gets lost in the time period. MY birthday is Dec 28th, and everyone is just coming out of the Christmas stupor and looking toward new years. When I was a kid never had a party since most kids around us were going on vacation, my family did make sure that whatever i wanted for dinner that day we would do it. Heck the first time i recall anyone ever said Happy Birthday would be like when i hit 15 think.

All in all loved this mini episode and lots of great facts and as a history buff love hearing facts no mater if they are important or not. Keep up the great work, and would love to hear more stuff on Emmet Otter Christmas show. that is one special that seems to get lost in time year after year,

Reactions: He_Is_Born

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
This is just wonderful Jeff,thank you.

tomtemor

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2013
In Sweden, child also have name days which or sort of like little birthday celebrations. The idea is that your pick a name day half way around the year from your real birthday. I have also seen "half birthdays" being celebrated for holiday babies. I had a friend whose birthday was on New Year's Eve and he felt the same way.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image