Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
OK, Folks. Our Christmas photo thread has once again returned for another year!

Yes, the time has arrived to launch our annual and highly anticipated Christmas Blossoms thread for the 11th consecutive year here at MMC.
(Yep. We are starting our SECOND decade!)
Time once again to search for "Christmas Blossoms" -- visual signs that Christmas is coming and that we are entering and moving through Christmas Season 2017!

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to post any Christmas Season-related photos you, your family or friends have taken this year.

In seasons past, I have traditionally launched this thread with photos of "A Christmas To Remember", but in recent years they have either not appeared at the mall or they have showed up after Halloween to take over the vacated "Halloween Alley" space. It looks as if that is now likely a permanent situation.

So, for this year, I will start with (believe it or not) Macy's!
Yes, the same mall Macy's that told me a few years ago that a Christmas section was a "waste of space" and that they weren't putting one in.
(Looks like they have happily had a change of heart!)

Enjoy (and please contribute to) the photo collection, so that we can really start getting into Christmas Season 2017!

For the first time in memory, Macy's has their special Christmas section completed and in place ahead of Belks and Sear s, who have only just started on theirs.

1) Overview of the small but nice Christmas section on Macy's second floor.

2) Heavily decorated Christmas tree close-up.

3) Shelf of pleasant looking Santas, awaiting their turn to impart holiday cheer!

Last edited:

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
More activity in the mall!

1) Sear s has just started to grow their annual Christmas tree crop.

2) Oops! Caught a Belks worker in the act stocking a holiday shelf with seasonal merchandise!

3) Of course, Hallmark has been in the act for quite some time now.

Last edited:

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
now here is today from Dollar General. Looks like the camera in my phone about had it so sorry for the blurry shots.

dg1.jpg dg2.jpg

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Bought these today at Dollar General a wind up Christmas Train and light up USB multi color changing snowman.

dg11.jpg dg12.jpg

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Thanks, XmasDreams. Your camera has been busy!

yea always busy when it comes to christmas , the sad thing is on my real camera have a ton more but that is at home.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
So excited... I can't believe that The Most Wonderful Thread of the Year has made its debut at MMC! Gee whiz, that means we are oh so close to the 90% mark and under 7 weeks until the Christmas Season! ... We say it often, but can't you hear Bing warming up his throat? Magic is almost in the air.

I've been a little busy with photos. Not as much as I would like, but I'm more than happy to share and start making the 2017 Christmas Blossoms thread the most successful yet! I mean, it's obvious that we're not setting a record in the Countdown thread, so why not try to at least power all our efforts together in the Blossoms thread? We can do it, folks!

Here we go...!

Michael's is ready with its little ornaments!:

More village ornaments:

More, more, more!:

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Nothing says "magic" like seeing "Christmas" when peaking down an aisle...:

Oh, Christmas Trees!: