Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! A hot and humid July week arrives. It's going to be in the 80s and even close to 90 a couple of days this week with some humidity. Tis the Dog Days of Summer. Had a great and relaxing 3 day weekend. Now I work all week and then have off next Monday so another 3 day weekend to look forward to. And just enjoying summer. Have a great Monday!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning!
Welcome to another new week, each one seeing us one big step closer to Christmas Season 2017.

And we start off the new week with a new set of count numbers.
(Big surprise there, right?)

Days to the Season: 119
Days to Christmas Day: 161

And look at that, now. Only 19 days away from the 100-Day Season Window and the commencement of a DOUBLE-DIGIT count to the Season.
(The year is flying by, Folks!)

Well, Mother Nature showed us a little mercy yesterday and kept our high temperature reading below 90. The humidity seemed a bit down, too.
(Thanks, Ms. N!)
Today? Well, we will just have to wait and see what she has in store for us.
Her opening temperature here this morning is 75 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everyone!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Monday!
It's going to be a nice day, partly cloudy with a high of 79 degrees. I'm heading out soon, one of the cats has an appointment with the veterinarian. Poor Bentley, he's such a scaredy cat. Can't wait to get him back home. Not too much else going on today. I'll just be working on my daily chores. I may take a ride to the library this afternoon as well. I'm making tacos and enchiladas for dinner. That's about it for me.
I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
Afternoon everyone. Suns out, so it's to the garden after work for some planting. Have a good one folks.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning!
Welcome to another new week, each one seeing us one big step closer to Christmas Season 2017.

And look at that, now. Only 19 days away from the 100-Day Season Window and the commencement of a DOUBLE-DIGIT count to the Season.

Well, Mother Nature showed us a little mercy yesterday and kept our high temperature reading below 90. The humidity seemed a bit down, too.
(Thanks, Ms. N!)

Thanks Crown!! I already noticed fall stuff is every where now. And a few places have a couple of shelves of Christmas started.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning!

(Thanks, Ms. N!)

Thanks Crown! The year is indeed flying by!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! It sure is Monday!!! Driving home from the lake this morning I heard the song "Had a ball Friday, Saturday, Sunday.....but it's all over now & it sure is Monday!" - couldn't be more true!! My hubby & our lake friends all have the day off work & I can't deny that I'm just a tad jealous! ;) I hope you all had a nice weekend!

We had a crazy storm come through last night - lots of rumbling & golf ball size hail. We had 2" of rain in our gauge this morning - but other than that, not much new to report.

You all have a great day!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

It looks like everyone had a blast with A QVC Christmas this weekend LOL.

We finally got through the wedding on Saturday, after a long "series of unfortunate events". I'm sore from moving tables and chairs, and I'm tired of sweating for an outdoor wedding reception in July, but we got it done.

I did get to play a couple songs with the band, along with my best friend (who is also my cousin and the lead singer in our band). I have to say, that made my weekend. I can't tell you how much I miss being on stage. Ed and I agreed that we need to get the band back together. Fingers crossed!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

It looks like everyone had a blast with A QVC Christmas this weekend LOL.

We finally got through the wedding on Saturday, after a long "series of unfortunate events". I'm sore from moving tables and chairs, and I'm tired of sweating for an outdoor wedding reception in July, but we got it done.

I did get to play a couple songs with the band, along with my best friend (who is also my cousin and the lead singer in our band). I have to say, that made my weekend. I can't tell you how much I miss being on stage. Ed and I agreed that we need to get the band back together. Fingers crossed!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Glad to hear you had fun at the wedding!!

I say a Christmas concert would a good first show!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning MMC!! It sure is Monday!!! Driving home from the lake this morning I heard the song "Had a ball Friday, Saturday, Sunday.....but it's all over now & it sure is Monday!" - couldn't be more true!! My hubby & our lake friends all have the day off work & I can't deny that I'm just a tad jealous! ;) I hope you all had a nice weekend!

We had a crazy storm come through last night - lots of rumbling & golf ball size hail. We had 2" of rain in our gauge this morning - but other than that, not much new to report.

You all have a great day!!!

Yikes!! We had a lot of rumbling last night but barely any rain to go with it!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday morning! Being on vacation, I must say it felt great not to get the "dreaded Monday" feeling last night. It's grey and rainy right now but they predict nice Summer weather for the rest of the week. Today will probably be a day of movies. Hope everyone is doing well and will enjoy a great day!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Monday!
It's going to be a nice day, partly cloudy with a high of 79 degrees. I'm heading out soon, one of the cats has an appointment with the veterinarian. Poor Bentley, he's such a scaredy cat. Can't wait to get him back home. Not too much else going on today. I'll just be working on my daily chores. I may take a ride to the library this afternoon as well. I'm making tacos and enchiladas for dinner. That's about it for me.
I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!

I hope Bentley's appointment goes well and that he doesn't get to stressed out!

Dinner sounds yummy!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Monday morning! Being on vacation, I must say it felt great not to get the "dreaded Monday" feeling last night. It's grey and rainy right now but they predict nice Summer weather for the rest of the week. Today will probably be a day of movies. Hope everyone is doing well and will enjoy a great day!

Enjoy your vacation, Martine!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning!

(Thanks, Ms. N!)

Thanks, Crown!! Have a great day and stay cool!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
WOW!!!! It was a chatty weekend here on the countdown! I have A LOT of catching up to do! Must have been CIJ on QVC!!! :D So fun!! Love it!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I've always used tomato paste, 'cause that's how Mr. likes it best. I think it's mostly a matter of what consistency you like (chunky/smooth).
Thanks! I'm thinking paste or puree would be best!! :) Now I'm hungry for pasta! :p

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I'm really liking this tree that is the Today's Special Value. $400 for the 6.5 foot though. I dont know if I like it that much.
OUCH!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
The sun is trying to come out after a couple cloudy, chilly, wet days ... come on, sun, try a little harder! As Edge noted, summertime is flying by too fast. Only a few weeks until the 'Bers. Even though I don't want to wish summer away, I found myself looking up recipes for warm, soothing winter beverages last night---and found a good one for chocolate peppermint tea!
As much as I love summer, it sure is fun to think/dream about the BERS/winter/Christmas!
I hope you get to try the new recipe & it's delish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image