MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Happy Rudolph Day and Happy CIJ!!! -reindeer-

I'm out of town for 2 days for work and I'm sure I'm going to receive my first complaint at the front desk at the hotel regarding volume and content of music and merry news bulletings.

I'm indulging in a few merry podcasts without the "shhh-es" from my husband while he's trying to concentrate on the news or sports. (Just dawned on me that I should spend more time on the balcony outside with my tablet when I want to hear Christmas tunes in the "off-season".

I started off with a re-run of the story behind Rudolph and it's been all a spoonful of merry since then.

Picked up a surprise CIJ gift for a co-workers son. Last June, he trekked with me around the Relay for Life track. He only turned 4 in April and is going to kindergarten in the Fall.
He had quite the stride on him; walked more like a soldier marching. He collected a bead every lap and wound up filling his flexi-lace with 27 beads - that's more than some of the other people were able to do. The young lads grandma passed away from cancer before she met her grandson. He stayed until midnight and was a bit sad when it was time to go.

A few times we encouraged adults to "get up" and would say, "Hop to it!" So, I picked up a leap frog game. I remember buying a similar toy for my grandson when he was little, but it was bunnies that hopped into a bucket when you pressed their ears down. This game has frogs of different colours that leap into the bucket. I wanted to surprise him and reward him for being a good little trekker. Already wrapped up with Candy Cane paper ready to deliver on Thursday.

And, hey, Brad - congrats on those 5 years! -mistletoe-

P.S. I had Turkey Pot Pie the other night 'cause I needed a turkey fix.

Keep a merry thought in your head everyone! -merry-

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Again it feels more like September out than July but nothing wrong with the 3 day break we've gotten here. No extreme heat in the forecast the rest of this week which is fine by me. I felt a little tired yesterday at work. I guess that I've had too many long weekends this summer. 2 weeks from today I'll be out again the Thursday/Friday for a 4 day final break in summer before we hit Labor Day. My mom saw her 1st signs of Halloween in the store yesterday! Hope you all are having a great mid-week. See you at the Pines!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
It's going to be a beautiful day, sunny with a high of 77 degrees. I straightened up the house and started laundry so far. I'm going to get my errands over with this morning so I can get outside and enjoy the weather this afternoon. I'm going to hang out by the pool for a bit and maybe go down to the local lake and take a walk :)
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Close-to-Single Digits Christmas Lovers!

And close we are indeed to single digits to our next Major Milestone marker.

Let's check in on today's numbers:
Days to the Season: 110
Days to Christmas Day: 152

The 100-DAY SEASON WINDOW? Is that the next marker that's so close?
Yep.
And just how far away is it?
Try TEN days on for size. And note well that tomorrow will indeed see us down to SINGLE DIGITS to that point. Make no mistake about it!
Then -- a DOUBLE DIGIT Season count sequence commences.
(These times are starting to become exciting, Guys!)

The heat returned yesterday after a brief respite, but it was not as bad as what we had over the weekend.
Today will continue to bring us rather warm conditions.
We currently have 75 degrees showing on our thermometer.

But not to worry about the heat. Carl has you covered. The 'Pines pool is cool and open for business.
Speaking of cool, the sweet southern iced tea is certainly that, and just the thing for a hot summer day.
(And just the thing to wash your fired twinkie down with, too!)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Yep.
Try TEN days on for size. And note well that tomorrow will indeed see us down to SINGLE DIGITS to that point. Make no mistake about it!

The heat returned yesterday after a brief respite, but it was not as bad as what we had over the weekend.

But not to worry about the heat. Carl has you covered. The 'Pines pool is cool and open for business.
Speaking of cool, the sweet southern iced tea is certainly that, and just the thing for a hot summer day.

Thanks Crown! Closing in on lots of things in late July!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Hump Day!
The weather is trying to make up for being so chilly and dark and wet the past couple days. The sky is almost cloudless, the sun it out, and it'll be climbing toward 80F today! (Wish I could enjoy it from home instead of the office window!)

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Pines Day!! It looks like another beatufiul day, though a bit warmer than the last 2. A high of 84 is predicted, not bad for July!

Tonight we are having pizza on Moms deck to celebrate Emma! It should be a nice night for that! :)

Mom ended up having her hip x-rayed yesterday. Thankfully it's not fractured, but it does show a change in her arthritis. So happy it's not broke or fractured!

I have decided for our CIJ party on Saturday I am going to make a Smoked Maple Barbecue Turkey. I've never tried this before, so hopefully it turns out good! xx If not, we'll order pizza. Ha ha! The balance of our meal includes dressing, noodles, buckeyes, mashed potatoes/gravy, jello jigglers (Christmas shaped), green bean casserole, 7 layer salad, & brownies. Also my rum balls & egg nog! What a FEAST!!

Other than that, not much else going on. The girls (aka Gracie & Katie) are still having a ball together! It's fun having Katie over. I gave up trying to separate their food. I've been mixing it together & they are both eating! Gracie needs to eat! Katie could afford to lose a few pounds :p Gracie doesn't!

Everyone, have a great day!!

I'm still celebrating... :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Well I'm hoping to move in November so he might get packed up before then. He'll come right back out though!
Oh cool! I didn't know you were thinking of moving!! Good luck!! And yes, pack it away safely & close to the top of the 1st box opened so he can come right back out! :) :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Tuesday afternoon! It started out as a bleak, rainy day but now the sun is out and it's perfect weather. We'll be going out to eat and then we'll go see the Montreal Symphony Orchestra in a park. I'm excited, I love orchestra music but we've never seen the MSO play. Hope everyone is enjoying a nice day.
Hope you had a great time!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
So true. A dear friend of ours recently lost her son. He was 54, and passed away unexpectedly in his sleep a few weeks ago. Life can be uncertain.
Yes it can! So sorry to hear about your friends son! I'll never forget the phone call I received when my brother passed away suddenly from heart attack at 58! So tragic & shocking!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
When my old dog Ragmop was having trouble navigating the wooden stairs at our place and slid down the last 3, my dad's friend turned to him and said, "cheaper than a needle". My dad thought it was funny and shared it with us at dinner. I was "floored" by it. I was heading to College the year after and already knew that my dog (had her as a pup and was only 5 when she came into our lives) was showing signs of aging; cataracts and joint pain so I was worried that she might not be around when I visited from College. It still bothers me. I'm sure he was only joking, probably not realizing how extremely worried you are.

RUM BALLS?!!! Haven't had any of those since the early 90's. Your little tree sounds perfect. Will it fit into an old flower pot? You can pack some sand around it to keep it in place. It will keep for a few days

Oddly enough, "the surprise large CIJ Santa was referenced here. I like it too.
Made - keep it out and use it as a door stop when you move. HaHa

Oh I really dislike it when people make comments like that! I understand how that would stick with you! So insensitive!!! (((HUGS)))

Would you like me to send you a RUM BALL?? :D I was thinking of sand in a pot. We do have a sand box at the lake I could maybe "Borrow" sand for a couple days!! :D

Great idea for the Santa! :)

Have a wonderful day AMD!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good morning MMC! Merry Pines Day!! It looks like another beatufiul day, though a bit warmer than the last 2. A high of 84 is predicted, not bad for July!

Tonight we are having pizza on Moms deck to celebrate Emma! It should be a nice night for that! :)

Mom ended up having her hip x-rayed yesterday. Thankfully it's not fractured, but it does show a change in her arthritis. So happy it's not broke or fractured!

I have decided for our CIJ party on Saturday I am going to make a Smoked Maple Barbecue Turkey. I've never tried this before, so hopefully it turns out good! xx If not, we'll order pizza. Ha ha! The balance of our meal includes dressing, noodles, buckeyes, mashed potatoes/gravy, jello jigglers (Christmas shaped), green bean casserole, 7 layer salad, & brownies. Also my rum balls & egg nog! What a FEAST!!

Other than that, not much else going on. The girls (aka Gracie & Katie) are still having a ball together! It's fun having Katie over. I gave up trying to separate their food. I've been mixing it together & they are both eating! Gracie needs to eat! Katie could afford to lose a few pounds :p Gracie doesn't!

When I smoke my turkeys Holiday I only leave em in the smoker for 3 hours then I transfer them to a Oven bag and finish them off inside the oven. I have always found it keeps them moist and they really wont pick up anymore flavor without turning into jerky..lol I used Pecan and apple wood for the maple turkey I did. OMG...try not to use artificial syrup if you can afford the real stuff.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Rudolph Day and Happy CIJ!!! -reindeer-

I'm out of town for 2 days for work and I'm sure I'm going to receive my first complaint at the front desk at the hotel regarding volume and content of music and merry news bulletings.

I'm indulging in a few merry podcasts without the "shhh-es" from my husband while he's trying to concentrate on the news or sports. (Just dawned on me that I should spend more time on the balcony outside with my tablet when I want to hear Christmas tunes in the "off-season".

I started off with a re-run of the story behind Rudolph and it's been all a spoonful of merry since then.

Picked up a surprise CIJ gift for a co-workers son. Last June, he trekked with me around the Relay for Life track. He only turned 4 in April and is going to kindergarten in the Fall.
He had quite the stride on him; walked more like a soldier marching. He collected a bead every lap and wound up filling his flexi-lace with 27 beads - that's more than some of the other people were able to do. The young lads grandma passed away from cancer before she met her grandson. He stayed until midnight and was a bit sad when it was time to go.

A few times we encouraged adults to "get up" and would say, "Hop to it!" So, I picked up a leap frog game. I remember buying a similar toy for my grandson when he was little, but it was bunnies that hopped into a bucket when you pressed their ears down. This game has frogs of different colours that leap into the bucket. I wanted to surprise him and reward him for being a good little trekker. Already wrapped up with Candy Cane paper ready to deliver on Thursday.

And, hey, Brad - congrats on those 5 years! -mistletoe-

P.S. I had Turkey Pot Pie the other night 'cause I needed a turkey fix.

Keep a merry thought in your head everyone! -merry-

Sounds like a great gift!! He will be surprised!! Hope your 2 days out of town go well!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning MMC! Again it feels more like September out than July but nothing wrong with the 3 day break we've gotten here. No extreme heat in the forecast the rest of this week which is fine by me. I felt a little tired yesterday at work. I guess that I've had too many long weekends this summer. 2 weeks from today I'll be out again the Thursday/Friday for a 4 day final break in summer before we hit Labor Day. My mom saw her 1st signs of Halloween in the store yesterday! Hope you all are having a great mid-week. See you at the Pines!
I'm pretty sure I heard a cricket this morning! EEK! Sign of fall!
Have a great day Edge!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Pines Day!
It's going to be a beautiful day, sunny with a high of 77 degrees. I straightened up the house and started laundry so far. I'm going to get my errands over with this morning so I can get outside and enjoy the weather this afternoon. I'm going to hang out by the pool for a bit and maybe go down to the local lake and take a walk :)
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Sounds like a wonderful day! Sure wish I could join you! ;) ENJOY HMG!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Yep.

See you tonight!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Hump Day!
The weather is trying to make up for being so chilly and dark and wet the past couple days. The sky is almost cloudless, the sun it out, and it'll be climbing toward 80F today! (Wish I could enjoy it from home instead of the office window!)
Awe - I wish you could be at home to enjoy it too! (me too!) Have a great day Merry!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Morning all!! My lack of posts can be attributed to a idea I had to build a scale model of Bag End. The endeavor ended today with a crash, so its on the back burner. Luckily I was able to salvage interior pieces and the figures and most of the furniture. The whole Hobbit hole is ruined....

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
When I smoke my turkeys Holiday I only leave em in the smoker for 3 hours then I transfer them to a Oven bag and finish them off inside the oven. I have always found it keeps them moist and they really wont pick up anymore flavor without turning into jerky..lol I used Pecan and apple wood for the maple turkey I did. OMG...try not to use artificial syrup if you can afford the real stuff.
Thanks for the tips Gunny! I don't think I have a cooking bag - I'll have to be on the look out! Do you remember what temp you turned your oven too? Same as the smoker? I was thinking of using Pecan & either Apple or Cherry wood. Already bought the real maple syrup! :)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

That's good news about your mother's hip not being fractured. Sounds like you will enjoy a nice get togetjer tonight to celebrate Emma's upcoming nuptials and her last day with your family. Your CIJ party sounds fun as well.
Love hearing about Gracie and her friend Katie. Enjoy your day Holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image