Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I just realized as I put on my jacket b/c it's cold in here - the A/C is running & the windows are open!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning all!! My lack of posts can be attributed to a idea I had to build a scale model of Bag End. The endeavor ended today with a crash, so its on the back burner. Luckily I was able to salvage interior pieces and the figures and most of the furniture. The whole Hobbit hole is ruined....
:( :eek: :rolleyes:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That's good news about your mother's hip not being fractured. Sounds like you will enjoy a nice get togetjer tonight to celebrate Emma's upcoming nuptials and her last day with your family. Your CIJ party sounds fun as well.
Love hearing about Gracie and her friend Katie. Enjoy your day Holiday.
Yes, good news indeed! Thanks Martine! I hope you enjoy your day too!

Reactions: HomemakinGirl

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Hope you had a great time!
Thank you, it was a great show. They played classical pieces found in movies. And they played two modern movie classics: My Heart Will Go On from Titanic and Star Wars (that was my favourite!). I want to see the MSO in a more traditional setting in the future. People just kept walking and kids playing all over the place, it took me out of it at times. But such a lovely evening outside.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Morning all!! My lack of posts can be attributed to a idea I had to build a scale model of Bag End. The endeavor ended today with a crash, so its on the back burner. Luckily I was able to salvage interior pieces and the figures and most of the furniture. The whole Hobbit hole is ruined....
Oh no, that's horrible! Love scale
models and Bag End is such a great idea. Very sorry to hear about the mishap NcGunny.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Rudolph Day and Happy CIJ!!! -reindeer-

I'm out of town for 2 days for work and I'm sure I'm going to receive my first complaint at the front desk at the hotel regarding volume and content of music and merry news bulletings.

I'm indulging in a few merry podcasts without the "shhh-es" from my husband while he's trying to concentrate on the news or sports. (Just dawned on me that I should spend more time on the balcony outside with my tablet when I want to hear Christmas tunes in the "off-season".

I started off with a re-run of the story behind Rudolph and it's been all a spoonful of merry since then.

Picked up a surprise CIJ gift for a co-workers son. Last June, he trekked with me around the Relay for Life track. He only turned 4 in April and is going to kindergarten in the Fall.
He had quite the stride on him; walked more like a soldier marching. He collected a bead every lap and wound up filling his flexi-lace with 27 beads - that's more than some of the other people were able to do. The young lads grandma passed away from cancer before she met her grandson. He stayed until midnight and was a bit sad when it was time to go.

A few times we encouraged adults to "get up" and would say, "Hop to it!" So, I picked up a leap frog game. I remember buying a similar toy for my grandson when he was little, but it was bunnies that hopped into a bucket when you pressed their ears down. This game has frogs of different colours that leap into the bucket. I wanted to surprise him and reward him for being a good little trekker. Already wrapped up with Candy Cane paper ready to deliver on Thursday.

And, hey, Brad - congrats on those 5 years! -mistletoe-

P.S. I had Turkey Pot Pie the other night 'cause I needed a turkey fix.

Keep a merry thought in your head everyone! -merry-

Thanks, Auntie!!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning MMC! Merry Pines Day!! It looks like another beatufiul day, though a bit warmer than the last 2. A high of 84 is predicted, not bad for July!

Tonight we are having pizza on Moms deck to celebrate Emma! It should be a nice night for that! :)

Mom ended up having her hip x-rayed yesterday. Thankfully it's not fractured, but it does show a change in her arthritis. So happy it's not broke or fractured!

I have decided for our CIJ party on Saturday I am going to make a Smoked Maple Barbecue Turkey. I've never tried this before, so hopefully it turns out good! xx If not, we'll order pizza. Ha ha! The balance of our meal includes dressing, noodles, buckeyes, mashed potatoes/gravy, jello jigglers (Christmas shaped), green bean casserole, 7 layer salad, & brownies. Also my rum balls & egg nog! What a FEAST!!

Other than that, not much else going on. The girls (aka Gracie & Katie) are still having a ball together! It's fun having Katie over. I gave up trying to separate their food. I've been mixing it together & they are both eating! Gracie needs to eat! Katie could afford to lose a few pounds :p Gracie doesn't!

Everyone, have a great day!!

I'm still celebrating... :D

Glad you hear your mom doesn't have any broken bones! Nancy's mom broke her wrist a couple weeks ago, and it makes it that much harder to help her around the house.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Morning MMC! Again it feels more like September out than July but nothing wrong with the 3 day break we've gotten here. No extreme heat in the forecast the rest of this week which is fine by me. I felt a little tired yesterday at work. I guess that I've had too many long weekends this summer. 2 weeks from today I'll be out again the Thursday/Friday for a 4 day final break in summer before we hit Labor Day. My mom saw her 1st signs of Halloween in the store yesterday! Hope you all are having a great mid-week. See you at the Pines!
I found some Fall/Halloween and even some Christmas at Hobby Lobby not too long ago. Nice!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you, it was a great show. They played classical pieces found in movies. And they played two modern movie classics: My Heart Will Go On from Titanic and Star Wars (that was my favourite!). I want to see the MSO in a more traditional setting in the future. People just kept walking and kids playing all over the place, it took me out of it at times. But such a lovely evening outside.
Glad to hear it was a nice night!! Sounds fun!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
It's always cold in here. Walking outside this morning I almost felt cold cause it was in the 50s and not used to that. Of course, get to work and the a/c is blasting making it colder.
I turned off the A/C! The boss is out mowing now - love that sound/smell! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Glad you hear your mom doesn't have any broken bones! Nancy's mom broke her wrist a couple weeks ago, and it makes it that much harder to help her around the house.
Awe - praying she heals quickly!!!

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
It's always cold in here. Walking outside this morning I almost felt cold cause it was in the 50s and not used to that. Of course, get to work and the a/c is blasting making it colder.

send those 50's here we haven't dipped out of the 90's and with the heat indexs for last two weeks in the 100s

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I turned off the A/C! The boss is out mowing now - love that sound/smell! :)
I have no control over the a/c. A maintenance guy handles it for the building...just outnumbered cause most people in the building want it cold. And the sounds/smells of summer are still going strong.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Well several school districts started back to school today. So in my mind summer is coming to an end. Now if it only felt like it outside. Lol!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Wow they start early! Kids here still have another 6 weeks before they begin. And hopefully summer weather won't last too much into September this year.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Wow they start early! Kids here still have another 6 weeks before they begin. And hopefully summer weather won't last too much into September this year.

My daughter starts next week. Sad been a fun summer with her even thought it throws my sleep schedule out since i work nights lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image