Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Well several school districts started back to school today. So in my mind summer is coming to an end. Now if it only felt like it outside. Lol!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Oh ugh! Already! I wonder if our nephews start soon. Probably! Kids here have 28 more days off, I was just told. LOL
Hope you are having a great day too made.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good afternoon .. Well I had to laugh lastnight while watching the news .. the topic ... Halloween Creep! All because Acme Markets has Halloween candy out all ready. But yet no one complains when stores are selling bathing suits, patio furniture and grills in February. I have been steadily working on Christmas gift ideas and figured out a few more.

The heat and humidity finally took a break yesterday so off went the AC and up went all the windows :) even had to use the blanket on the bed this morning as it was chilly and I loved it!!!! Weather suppose to be like this for the next few days before warming back up and I am so praying the warm up is shorted lived. Now if only the rest of the summer temps and humidity would stay like this ... SIGH .. I know wishful thinking but yeah I can dream about it right :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good afternoon .. Well I had to laugh lastnight while watching the news .. the topic ... Halloween Creep! All because Acme Markets has Halloween candy out all ready. But yet no one complains when stores are selling bathing suits, patio furniture and grills in February. I have been steadily working on Christmas gift ideas and figured out a few more.

The heat and humidity finally took a break yesterday so off went the AC and up went all the windows :) even had to use the blanket on the bed this morning as it was chilly and I loved it!!!! Weather suppose to be like this for the next few days before warming back up and I am so praying the warm up is shorted lived. Now if only the rest of the summer temps and humidity would stay like this ... SIGH .. I know wishful thinking but yeah I can dream about it right :)
You are on a roll with Christmas gifts! :)
Enjoy your cooler temps. Our windows are open at work now, but it's definitely warming up in here! One extreme or the next it seems!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Oh ugh! Already! I wonder if our nephews start soon. Probably! Kids here have 28 more days off, I was just told. LOL
Hope you are having a great day too made.
My kids start on 8/30. That is hard to believe that is another month!! Time is certainly flying by!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Pines Day! What a beautiful sunny day and the temps are warming up. My oldest daughter has a soccer game tonight and then my kids are going with my in-laws until Fri. Hope you all have a great day!
Oh nice! Any special plans while you are "kid-free?" Enjoy!

My kids start on 8/30. That is hard to believe that is another month!! Time is certainly flying by!
I know - it's crazy!!! I've been having a hard time at work entering bills into the system that are due in AUGUST!! WHAT?? AUGUST??? :eek: Not sure how that happened!
Have a great day!!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Oh nice! Any special plans while you are "kid-free?" Enjoy!

I know - it's crazy!!! I've been having a hard time at work entering bills into the system that are due in AUGUST!! WHAT?? AUGUST??? :eek: Not sure how that happened!
Have a great day!!!
A new Mexican restaurant just opened so I think we are going to try that tomm night. I could go for a margarita..lol!
I was entering some info to our sales database today and we have it put the final date as 3 months out and that was October!! :eek:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
A new Mexican restaurant just opened so I think we are going to try that tomm night. I could go for a margarita..lol!
I was entering some info to our sales database today and we have it put the final date as 3 months out and that was October!! :eek:
Ooh! Sounds delicious! I hope the food & the margarita are tasty!! xx
It happens every year, but it's crazy how the time flies! Especially summer!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a great evening!! See you at the Pines!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I see that Photobucket has stopped hosting free hot-linking to pictures. They want $400 per year! LOL

I switched to Flickr this morning. It's actually much faster than PB, anyway.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Just looked at this weekend and looks like we finally get some 80s and low humidly. This will be such a welcome site.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Just got back from football practice. It was Henry's first full practice. This week is all conditioning, so lots of running. But we did some teaching of positions and such today too. Henry had a blast! He hung in there and caught up on the things he missed the other day.The other coach told him he did a good job today and that he wants him to be a running back. Henry is now even more excited. I am glad he enjoys it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! If I closed my eyes yesterday and didn't know what date it was I would have sworn it was in September. The sun was shining bright, temps in the mid 70s, low humidity and just a gentle slight breeze. It didn't feel like summer. Today we expect the humidity to come up a little but nothing too terrible. Other than that, who is starting to think about their weekend? Told my coworkers I need to work 5 day weeks again cause I can't remember what day of the week it is this summer. Have a great Friday EVE!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Thanks for the tips Gunny! I don't think I have a cooking bag - I'll have to be on the look out! Do you remember what temp you turned your oven too? Same as the smoker? I was thinking of using Pecan & either Apple or Cherry wood. Already bought the real maple syrup! :)
I just buy the Reynolds oven bags. I cooked it at normal temp for a 350°. I always keep on the lookout for wood. I have a neighbor that will save me his pear tree limbs when he prunes. Local apple orchard just tells me to hit their junk pile in the back.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Oh no, that's horrible! Love scale
models and Bag End is such a great idea. Very sorry to hear about the mishap NcGunny.
I had bought 28mm figures for it so I had to scale everything off of them. Now I think I lost my paper work that had all my sizes converted to scale. Luckily the wood planking for the floors and beams inside could be salvaged. Just lucky that the outside hill isnt to hard to make but I lost around 80.00 in flocking and grass and the tree...

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Thanks for the tips Gunny! I don't think I have a cooking bag - I'll have to be on the look out! Do you remember what temp you turned your oven too? Same as the smoker? I was thinking of using Pecan & either Apple or Cherry wood. Already bought the real maple syrup! :)
I just happened to remember that I forgot to mention that I brine my turkeys before I smoke em and always use a rub even with the maple syrup. Easy brine is boil 1 gallon of water 1 cup of kosher salt, dissolve salt and I added 1 cup of syrup to brine. Let cool. I put my turkey in a chest that will just fit em. Pour cooled brine on turkey add enough cold water to cover it and then I dump 2 bags of ice in it. Let it sit for 14 hours. You dont have to ice if you can fit cooler in a fridge.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
It's going to be mostly cloudy today with temperatures in the upper 70's. Today is my birthday. I'm hanging on to this one as long as I can, big Milestone B-day next year. My parents are coming over to visit, we'll be having lunch together. I'll be going out for dinner later this evening with my husband and the girls. I just need to decide where I want to go. Yay for getting a break from cooking! I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friends.

Well, we have made it!
No, not to Christmas or to another Milestone, but we HAVE made it to SINGLE DIGITS to the next marker!
Read below for further information.

In the meantime, here is today's data:
Days to the Season: 109
Days to Christmas Day: 151

And that first number above makes it clear, in no uncertain terms, that we are a scant 9 days off from the 100-DAY SEASON WINDOW and the start of a DOUBLE DIGIT count to the Season!
(As such, we are single digits away from double digits, if that makes sense.)

A bit cooler with lower humidity here yesterday.
(And believe me, we will take every little "bit" we can.)
Today will see the temps back up again, but not to any great extent.
We are currently stationed at 76 degrees here in the capital city of the great state of North Carolina.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks.
And get ready for Weekend Eve tomorrow!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland

Good morning MMC ~
It's going to be mostly cloudy today with temperatures in the upper 70's. Today is my birthday. I'm hanging on to this one as long as I can, big Milestone B-day next year. My parents are coming over to visit, we'll be having lunch together. I'll be going out for dinner later this evening with my husband and the girls. I just need to decide where I want to go. Yay for getting a break from cooking! I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
xx

Happy birthday HMG. Enjoy your last year of thirtyness. Or is it twentyness? Regardless, enjoy your special day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image