Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Find a recipe that involves BAKING the mac 'n' cheese. My mom always baked hers, so there was a toasty cheese crust on top ... mmm ... Years later, when I first encountered the stuff that comes out of a box, it was an awful comedown.
There is a art to Mac n Cheese that I never discovered. We have a local place that only makes it on Friday for their restaurant. I can say its the best I have ever had anywhere so far.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Exciting!
Maybe the poor-quality decorations are a plot point, somehow ...

I think you might be right; got wind of a possibility of another decorated part of the city down at the waterfront. I guess wherever the fictitious town is supposed to be; it's going to be a green Christmas until they make their own snow. The ski hill can help them out.

There's another crew filming the TV series Carter; been around all summer with Jerry O'Connell hanging out at a local entertainment bar for karaoke, etc.

Brooke Shields was around a few times for the Flower Murder series.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning Auntie. Must be interesting to have something like that going on where you live. I'm sure that it has it's good and not-so-great situations that go along with a company filming in or near a town. Glad you were able to hook up with friends from long ago, I have a great friend from my USAF days that lives in Lincoln, Ne (about four hours away). We don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but the time and the distance has never dulled our friendship. Planning on heading down there for a few days next Spring.
Enjoy the season that is here and of course the one to come...
View attachment 39138

It was a great visit; and it felt like no time had passed us by since our last barrel of laughs, playing catch up with each other. She was always like the sister I never had.
It's always exciting when they're filming and later watch the film or program and see how they transformed places I recognize to turn them into something else.
A few weeks ago there was an independent low budget film group shooting at the building across from my parking spot and there was a note on the door about the possibility of us winding up on camera by accident. Well, I was out for work most of the day and didn't get caught, maybe my car will wind up in the short film. HaHa.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Morning all. Just finished turning 18 lbs of air dry clay into 28mm scale stones for a castle diorama that will start this winter. Weather is going to be hot the next week so they should dry fast. Now for some down time!!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
There is a art to Mac n Cheese that I never discovered. We have a local place that only makes it on Friday for their restaurant. I can say its the best I have ever had anywhere so far.
My sister made some homemade for a party a few years ago. It was delicious! My BIL called it the $50 mac 'n cheese b/c that's almost what they had wrapped up in all the different cheeses that were in it. LOL!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I think you might be right; got wind of a possibility of another decorated part of the city down at the waterfront. I guess wherever the fictitious town is supposed to be; it's going to be a green Christmas until they make their own snow. The ski hill can help them out.

There's another crew filming the TV series Carter; been around all summer with Jerry O'Connell hanging out at a local entertainment bar for karaoke, etc.

Brooke Shields was around a few times for the Flower Murder series.
That's really cool!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning all. Just finished turning 18 lbs of air dry clay into 28mm scale stones for a castle diorama that will start this winter. Weather is going to be hot the next week so they should dry fast. Now for some down time!!
Hope they dry quick & turn out great. Enjoy your down time!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Could this be the movie?
https://www.sudbury.com/around-the-...vie-production-being-shot-in-north-bay-711480

Angel Falls - Hallmark Channel
www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/2017-holiday-movies-preview/22
Fallen angel Gabby must redeem herself. To do so, she’s dispatched to – where else but the town of Angel Falls. It’s not a job for any one being, even one ...

That sure sounds about right. My parents neighbour is an extra in the film; she's a "hoot" and on Christmas Eve a few years back she showed up wearing a 50's style Christmas outfit to serve fresh baked goodies to my parents guests. She made quite the entrance and her outfit matched the different colours of their walls throughout the down stairs.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I have the day off today and heading out with my husband to run a few errands. Had a good workout at the gym this morning and "feeling it" a bit now.
Gotta keep movi
n'! -santa dance-

Going for my first Fall drive this Sunday. Heading up the North hwy. Dad says I better hurry. He often uses the photos I take to create his oil paintings by switching out parts of one landscape with another.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That sure sounds about right. My parents neighbour is an extra in the film; she's a "hoot" and on Christmas Eve a few years back she showed up wearing a 50's style Christmas outfit to serve fresh baked goodies to my parents guests. She made quite the entrance and her outfit matched the different colours of their walls throughout the down stairs.
How funny!!! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I have the day off today and heading out with my husband to run a few errands. Had a good workout at the gym this morning and "feeling it" a bit now.
Gotta keep movi
n'! -santa dance-

Going for my first Fall drive this Sunday. Heading up the North hwy. Dad says I better hurry. He often uses the photos I take to create his oil paintings by switching out parts of one landscape with another.
Enjoy your day off & your drive on Sunday. How neat that your dad uses your pictures to create oil paintings. I bet they are beautiful.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

My neighbor use to do oil paintings. He was so talented. He has been gone for many, many years. We have 2 of his paintings hanging here in our office & my parents have one at their house too.

upload_2017-9-19_11-33-24.png

upload_2017-9-19_11-34-23.png

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy early Anniversary! And many more to you!!
I just saw on FB this morning a local couple (a wonderful couple!) is celebrating their 65th wedding Anniversary today! How awesome is that?!
Why, we're just youngins compared to that venerable pair...

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Saw a front yard fully decorated for Halloween on my way to work ... headstones, inflatables (deflated, unfortunately) and other ghoulies. First sign of the Halloween season I've seen outside of a store!
You'll just have to go back after dark and report back to us, you intrepid journalist, you.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning Brad! Well that was nice of your neighbor to offer to help! :) I hope your new pump comes in quick & you continue to make progress on your clean up! Have a good day!
I think he's just looking for some peace and quiet. That thing is LOUD! LOL

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
We have a monthly staff meeting for the five of us in our office. We have a yearly staff retreat for the three combined offices & a Christmas luncheon.

In our September monthly meeting we discussed handing out candy at the downtown Halloween event here. I can help this year because DD is too old to trick-or-treat this year. We also discussed our Christmas party for the entire staff & the one just for us five. Our leader looked at the rest of us and said, "Remember, no Christmas decorations go up in this office before Thanksgiving!" We just smiled at her and nodded! We've never put up decorations, but we do listen to Christmas music. I told them I listen to instrumental Christmas music almost every afternoon and they never know it because I have it turned down so low! It's instrumental from January through November. Then I listen to traditional Christmas tunes through December.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Hope they dry quick & turn out great. Enjoy your down time!
They should dry in 3 days if the weather holds out. Lol..I ruined a pasta hand crank machine trying to get the sheets of clay the same thickness. Then I hit on a idea and used a antique meat grinder and made a plate for it to extrude the clay through in the shape of a square. Kinda like a sausage without the casing..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image