Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I'm SO excited for you!!!! I bet your kids are excited too!!! YAY! Tree Day!!!! Have fun!!!
Thanks Holiday!

How is Lucy feeling???

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning MMC!! Merry Friday! TGIF!!!

Good news...my tree is up, my tree is up, MY TREE IS UP!!!! :D
:jump:tree::jump

Loved it this morning when I walked downstairs, flipped the switch & wah lah...it's Christmas!! (ok, so in my house it's Christ-giving, or Thanks-mas yet! HA!) I didn't get the ornaments on but the lights & garland are on. Just needs some tweaking & then ornaments! Jim won't be home tonight so I MIGHT start on ornaments. I'll see once! I love that it's this far!

Just work for me this morning - my sister is bringing Mexican food to moms for lunch so if I want something I need to send her my order. It sounds pretty tasty! Jim is off work today too. His last day off this year. He was planning to get some outside things done at home. xx (trimming shrubs, etc - not Christmas related - lol)

Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!

Yaaay!! Your tree is up! I love the feeling coming downstairs in the morning and turning on the lights!
Hope your Thankmas :D plans are going well!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks Holiday!

How is Lucy feeling???
I think she is feeling fine but she was still having some diarrhea yesterday. Hmmm! She's crazy as ever!!!!

Yaaay!! Your tree is up! I love the feeling coming downstairs in the morning and turning on the lights!
Hope your Thankmas :D plans are going well!
Thanks Festive. It is a good feeling!
Have you started your tree yet? :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a Wonderful Weekend!!!! I'm off to pick up my Mexican food & then I'm not sure what I'll get in to!! :D

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Happy Friday!!!! Well our other local radio station flipped to Christmas Music this morning so now when one is on commercial I can flip to the other station LOL. I wrapped the first gift of many last night. Hoping to get some more shopping, wrapping and baking done this weekend. Plus we are pulling down the outside Christmas decorations this weekend so we can tests the lights to make sure everything is ready to go for next weekend. The weekends tend to really get busy this time of the year but I love it!!! Have a great day!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ

So after being fine for about 40 hours or so, little miss Lu had us up every couple hours overnight again with the poopers! She acts totally fine & crazy. This morning I couldn't get her to go, she just wanted to PLAY!! Hopefully she's fine in her cage this morning until I get home for lunch. So strange!

We had a similar issue with our dog, the dog food we were feeding her was high in chicken and we found out that too much chicken protein can upset some dogs stomachs. Since we switched her to a beef based dog food no more problems.

VictoriaLT

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Sep 15, 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
viktorijandz01.tumblr.com
Hello everyone! I honestly hope you are all doing well. :} It's been a while since I spent some quality time reading MMC posts and getting my personal dose of encouragement (I apologize if it sounds selfish but this is exactly how I feel visiting MMC). ^^

I'm nearly done with a first semester at the university which is crazy! :eek: Honestly, I don't know where did the time go. The semester though has been a lot of things: confusing, challenging, interesting, very busy (!), but rewarding overall. :) The thing that makes me the happiest is people I have met so far and friendships I have began to build that will hopefully last a lifetime. It may sound like a cliché to some people but for me it's a general truth. :) The teaching period for my master's course is over and I now have three exams left to sit. I will be all finished on 8th December which for me is super early. After that, I will be off until around mid January. I'm not going to Lithuania for Christmas, but instead I plan on working on planning my master thesis, studying Norwegian (I wasn't able to dedicate some serious effort to language learning so far which I feel very sad about and disappointed in) and perhaps reading some fiction (I'm really missing a non-academic read).

Sorry for a long post. I'm always very wordy. Why am I always so wordy? :p

My first exam is on Monday, so I hope for some inspiration to get some qualitative studying done over the weekend.

I wish everyone to enjoy the rest of November. Stay warm, merry, and drink a lot of chai lattes. ;)

Best wishes!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Good Friday afternoon everyone! I can't believe it is the weekend before Thanksgiving! I'm getting myself into Thanksgiving feast mode! My husband and I purchase a half of a grass fed steer from a local farm once a year (since it is the two of us it usually lasts us about 12-14 months--love having all of that beef and having so many different options in the freezer all year round!) and when we purchased it this year they had pasture-raised turkeys for sale as well. We bought one and threw it in the chest freezer thinking it would be perfect for Thanksgiving. I looked at it last night and it is 25 pounds!! It will take a whole week just to thaw him I bet! We always fry our turkeys in an indoor fryer, so we will definitely have to cut him up first as there is no way he will fit in there whole! So at least I can cross the turkey off my list (and the tons of leftovers we are bound to have!!) and start focusing on what side dishes to make!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Something is in the air at the office today ... this morning, I heard someone getting really excited about the idea of a Christmas sweater day ... this afternoon, some girls were floating the idea of having a Christmas decoration contest, with each contestant decorating his/her desk and the surrounding area. If this excitement keeps up, it's going to get festive around here as the Day approaches!
-surprise-

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Wow, how awesome for Elizabeth! I bet she is tickled!! Have a great last day of work & have a safe & fun filled trip to the mountains!!! Will you be spending Thanksgiving there?
No, we're coming home to have Thanksgiving with Nancy's mom. Still, it'll be a lot of fun!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Hello everyone! I honestly hope you are all doing well. :} It's been a while since I spent some quality time reading MMC posts and getting my personal dose of encouragement (I apologize if it sounds selfish but this is exactly how I feel visiting MMC). ^^

I'm nearly done with a first semester at the university which is crazy! :eek: Honestly, I don't know where did the time go. The semester though has been a lot of things: confusing, challenging, interesting, very busy (!), but rewarding overall. :) The thing that makes me the happiest is people I have met so far and friendships I have began to build that will hopefully last a lifetime. It may sound like a cliché to some people but for me it's a general truth. :) The teaching period for my master's course is over and I now have three exams left to sit. I will be all finished on 8th December which for me is super early. After that, I will be off until around mid January. I'm not going to Lithuania for Christmas, but instead I plan on working on planning my master thesis, studying Norwegian (I wasn't able to dedicate some serious effort to language learning so far which I feel very sad about and disappointed in) and perhaps reading some fiction (I'm really missing a non-academic read).

My first exam is on Monday, so I hope for some inspiration to get some qualitative studying done over the weekend.

I wish everyone to enjoy the rest of November. Stay warm, merry, and drink a lot of chai lattes. ;)

Best wishes!
Welcome home, Vic!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good luck with the CT scan! Praying for normal results.
Dinner sounds great...I am getting my turkey this weekend.

Keeping you in prayer HMG

I'm praying your tests go well!!

Praying for all good results from your CT scan!! xx Enjoy the rest of your day!!

Thank you so much everyone! Unfortunately, I did not get the test results today. Fingers crossed that no news is good news. Looks like I’ll have to wait until Monday when my doctors office re-opens. I will keep all of you posted.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Best wishes!

So nice to see you Victoria, welcome back! Good luck with your exams!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! I have a bit of a cold but I'm trying to get over it the next several days before Thanksgiving. Nothing terrible just one of those slightly itchy throat/stuffy nose ones. Not really coughing or anything. I can't believe we're at the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's amazing. I have some errands to do and then a friend of the family is coming over for my brother's bday dinner. We're getting pizza and cake. Have a great Saturday, the last one before everything goes crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image