Not open for further replies.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good afternoon ... We are having a spring preview today and tomorrow with temps in the 70s before they head back down to the 40s and 50s. I haven't really though to much about Christmas these past several weeks but today it really hit me. I just have "THAT" Christmas feeling today :) Of course I couldn't have that feeling yesterday when I was home so I could watch a Christmas movie or 2 LOL. Hope everyone has a great day.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good afternoon ... We are having a spring preview today and tomorrow with temps in the 70s before they head back down to the 40s and 50s. I haven't really though to much about Christmas these past several weeks but today it really hit me. I just have "THAT" Christmas feeling today :) Of course I couldn't have that feeling yesterday when I was home so I could watch a Christmas movie or 2 LOL. Hope everyone has a great day.
We have 72º today & sunshine.... high of 46º predicted for tomorrow - and rain! UGH!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
77 degrees in February? In Indianapolis? Mother Nature is going to make us pay for this. Lol!!

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!
LOL - see above!! So you have almost 80º, huh? WOW!! That IS crazy!!!! I have a window open in my office. I bet it's shut tomorrow!!!! :mad:

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Dayton airport broke a record high today. That's crazy!! So windy, but so warm!!!
And very scary what's going on in schools...and all over this crazy world! Did you see on Fox News this morning the sheriff between Dayton & Cincy who is giving teachers free conceal to carry training? He had a massive response!! He was going to offer to 50 teachers but immediately had 100 & he's now up to 500 +! Teachers shouldn't need to have guns in schools, but unfortunately it's a reality. UGH!
I saw that. It's a shame that protection at school is necessary, but I'm in agreement with them.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Looks like it's quitting time! :D I'm heading to Moms so Carolyn (Amish caregiver) can go for a walk....since it's currently 73º... then hopefully home to take little Lu for a walk & then ??? Not sure what's up for the rest of the evening, besides laundry! Hopefully there will be something good on tv!

Everyone, have a great evening!!!

(I guess I'll dream of snow through pictures....)

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Here at our small private school there's a kid who's always been standoffish, and has told a couple other students that he's thought about a violent act at school. The vast odds are, he's just a child thinking this might get him some attention, but it can't be risked in these times. Several parents are going to the school to discuss the matter today, and I'm afraid he'll get more attention than he or his family wants.

It’s a good thing to do, to follow up and be proactive with any threat now-a-days that is made in schools or on chatting sites towards children, teachers and schools.

It’s a sad and very unfortunate thing that this has to be done, but in this world of ours today, better to be safe.

Do you remember when we were growing up back in the 70’s, there was a television commercial about littering, and there was an American Indian that starred in it and he had tears running down his cheek, after seeing what has become of a land that was so beautiful.

Well, sometimes, I feel the same way, when I watch the news and see all the wrong that happens in this world of ours today. I just want to cry....

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Oh my goodness, it so hot today. My brain is like, “this is so wrong for February!” It got so hot in the office, that I unbuttoned my shirt, and opened the window up next to my desk. I can’t believe it, I’m sweating.

You watch, March, it will be -20 again and we will get 10 feet of snow, (a little exaggeration here of course), but you just cannot rule it out either.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
77 degrees in February? In Indianapolis? Mother Nature is going to make us pay for this. Lol!!

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

I with you. She's going to do whip up a good one and dump it on us. It will be heavy, wet and lots of it!!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
It’s a good thing to do, to follow up and be proactive with any threat now-a-days that is made in schools or on chatting sites towards children, teachers and schools.

It’s a sad and very unfortunate thing that this has to be done, but in this world of ours today, better to be safe.

Do you remember when we were growing up back in the 70’s, there was a television commercial about littering, and there was an American Indian that starred in it and he had tears running down his cheek, after seeing what has become of a land that was so beautiful.

Well, sometimes, I feel the same way, when I watch the news and see all the wrong that happens in this world of ours today. I just want to cry....
Every word, exactly right, my friend.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC. We had company over the last couple of nights so it's thrown off my week a little (not bad though). I went to the dentist yesterday for my 6 month checkup and got a good report as he said "clean as a whistle" after taking X-Rays. Believe it or not the secretary made my 6 month appointment for August 21. I said that seems so far from now and her reply "it will come fast." I remember going to the dentist last August and thinking I won't come back here till after all the holidays and even the winter are almost over. That seemed crazy back in August to think of yet it really did seem like yesterday. Time waits for nobody. See you at the Pines!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Pines Day!
I’ve been up since 3:00am with Rocky. Just when I think he’s got this sleeping through the night thing down the little stinker throws me for a loop. Of course he’s sound asleep now but I need to start my day. I’m going to cook breakfast for everyone in a few minutes. I tidied up and started laundry already. I need to run to the supermarket for my mid week food shopping trip. I’ll be working on my daily chores this afternoon. Maybe I’ll squeeze a nap in at some point, we’ll see what happens. Dinner will be angel hair pasta with meatballs, a big tossed salad and Italian bread. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well. Wishing all of you a wonderful day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.
It's mid-week again. (Seems like it just was, this time last week.)

But what definitely IS different is our count numbers.
Here they are for today:
Days to the Season: 265
Days to Christmas Day: 307

And what is also different is our distance from 2018 Milestone marker number three, the 300-Day Christmas Day Window.
As of this date, we are now exactly ONE WEEK away from that auspicious point.
Then, a double 200's level count will commence!

Nice and warm yesterday, when we topped out at 73.
And joy of joys, we will be in the 70's for highs the next FIVE days.
(With Februarys like this, I could upgrade the month from my second least favorite!)
We currently record 64 degrees here at our place.

Well Guys, it's 'Pines Day once again.
Hard to believe the next one will be on the last day of February.
Then, March. (A much more "optimistic" month for me!)
Carl says he's got something special planned for our final February open house next week. As for this evening.....well.....even more of the same old same old is bound to be entertaining, right?

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
It's mid-week again. (Seems like it just was, this time last week.)

But what definitely IS different is our count numbers.
Here they are for today:
Days to the Season: 265
Days to Christmas Day: 307

And what is also different is our distance from 2018 Milestone marker number three, the 300-Day Christmas Day Window.
As of this date, we are now exactly ONE WEEK away from that auspicious point.
Then, a double 200's level count will commence!

Nice and warm yesterday, when we topped out at 73.
And joy of joys, we will be in the 70's for highs the next FIVE days.
(With Februarys like this, I could upgrade the month from my second least favorite!)
We currently record 64 degrees here at our place.

Well Guys, it's 'Pines Day once again.
Hard to believe the next one will be on the last day of February.
Then, March. (A much more "optimistic" month for me!)
Carl says he's got something special planned for our final February open house next week. As for this evening.....well.....even more of the same old same old is bound to be entertaining, right?

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! March will sure bring optimism for me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image