Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

Good Good Friday morning, Christmas friends!

Since her recent surgery for breast cancer, my mom hasn't been able to start her radiation treatment because she contracted shingles. She's been suffering with it for a couple weeks now, but last night it was so bad, she asked me to take her to the emergency room. Three hours later, and 2 shots of pain medicine, she was finally pain-free enough for me to take her home.

This morning, I filled her prescriptions and took them to her. She said today was MUCH better, which is a relief for all of us. Thanks for continued prayers for her!

It's really storming here today! I'll be glad when this passes.

I hope y'all have a great Easter weekend! :D

2. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

They could meet up, we'll see! I never thought Tampa Bay would be swept like the Pens were either.

HomemakinGirl, Rich and He_Is_Born like this.
  3. sugar142286

Happy Easter to you and your family, prancer!

4. sugar142286

I'm very sorry to hear this, Edge. Continued prayers for his family and friends.

5. sugar142286

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, HMG. Hope you feel better soon! (((hugs)))

6. sugar142286

Enjoy the visit with your daughter and praying for safe travels for her. Daisy is adorable!

7. sugar142286

Sounds like you'll be busy, but will be having a nice time. Happy Easter!

HomemakinGirl, Rich and He_Is_Born like this.
  8. sugar142286

God Bless your mom, Brad. I am so sorry she is going through all this. On top of everything she is dealing with, then to contract the shingles - I myself have never had them, but obviously have seen how painful they can be for people. I pray she continues to have relief with them and you can guys have a blessed weekend and Easter. You all will continue to be in my prayers.

9. sugar142286

Good afternoon and Happy Good Friday, MMC! I'm finally getting to make a post - I've only been replying to people. Lol. Anyway, we are busy preparing for Easter Sunday. DH and I are hosting dinner here. There will be only be 8 of us for dinner - some of our family will be elsewhere, so it won't be bad, but we always overcook (that's the Italian in us!) and we always have way too much food!

Nothing new here, except we continue to be busy with the kids and everyday life. This is the first Easter DH and I both have off in several years due to work schedules. I am excited to be spending it with my family. DD admitted to us a week or so ago, she no longer believes in Santa or the Easter Bunny, but is going to keep it going for my son, who is 7. I told her she better! I do a nice egg hunt for them every year too, but it's supposed to rain and be in the 50's, so depending on how the day is, DH and I may have to hide them in the house. We shall see!

I hope you all have a great day and a blessed Easter weekend!

10. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Sorry for your loss...Prayers for healing and peace as the friends and families celebrate his life.

11. sugar142286

A6D38D99-3434-48B3-A81E-20BCC175609B.jpeg

12. He_Is_Born

He_Is_Born Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer

Continued prayers for your Mom. Hopefully she will be getting up to speed soon so she can start radiation. May you and your beautiful family have a blessed Easter.

13. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Yeah, the severe weather predictions for our area in central NC are sounding pretty serious for this afternoon.

Rich, HomemakinGirl and sugar142286 like this.
  14. sugar142286

Stay safe, Crown!

He_Is_Born, Rich and HomemakinGirl like this.
  15. Bradmac

Thanks, y'all!

The storm passed by Bellville with little more than some very gusty winds, and a brief deluge of rain. It's still overcast and windy, but that's supposed to clear up in the next few hours. High of 71°F tomorrow!
    -sun-

16. Bradmac

I just got a job on my desk with a September delivery. My first sign of the 'Bers!!
    [​IMG]

17. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Prayers for all those that need them.

Happy pre-Bers!

18. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

A Happy Easter to you and your family, prancer! xx

19. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I'm so sorry to hear that, Edge ~ prayers going up for his family and friends.

20. Meceka

You're welcome, HmG!
    Thank you so much and the same wish for you! xx