Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Good Friday morning, Christmas friends!

Since her recent surgery for breast cancer, my mom hasn't been able to start her radiation treatment because she contracted shingles. She's been suffering with it for a couple weeks now, but last night it was so bad, she asked me to take her to the emergency room. Three hours later, and 2 shots of pain medicine, she was finally pain-free enough for me to take her home.

This morning, I filled her prescriptions and took them to her. She said today was MUCH better, which is a relief for all of us. Thanks for continued prayers for her!

It's really storming here today! I'll be glad when this passes.

I hope y'all have a great Easter weekend! :D

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
An Isles - Blue Jackets Conference Final would be a blast, but that's a long way down the road, yet.

They could meet up, we'll see! I never thought Tampa Bay would be swept like the Pens were either.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello MMC friends....As we head into Easter weekend i would like to take this opportunity and wish everyone on MMC a Happy Easter...Have a lovely time celebrating this special weekend with family and friends:)

Happy Easter to you and your family, prancer!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Morning and "Good Friday" MMC! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers but unfortunately the guy I spoke about yesterday passed away. It was expected as there was little they could do for him they said from the beginning because he was unconscious for hours before anyone found him. Just live every day. That's all we can do and appreciate it. Have a great Good Friday Everyone!

I'm very sorry to hear this, Edge. Continued prayers for his family and friends.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning ~
I’m just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Rocky and I will be going for a walk soon. I have to go to the butcher afterward to pick our Easter ham. I also have a doctor appointment this afternoon, unfortunately I’m coming down with something. Hopefully it’s just cold but we’ll see. My daughter tested positive for strep last weekend so I want to make sure that’s not what I have! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, HMG. Hope you feel better soon! (((hugs)))

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning Christmas friends! I'm off work today and plan on spending the day with my daughter who's visiting here from Indiana. Tomorrow she heads back home. :( Later today I'll take our new puppy, Daisy, to the vet for her 3 month check up. Severe storms are near us right now, but hopefully it won't be too bad here. Have a wonderful Friday!

Enjoy the visit with your daughter and praying for safe travels for her. Daisy is adorable!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Easter weekend to all. Things will be a bit busy this weekend as I have three different groups to prepare for this weekend. There's a small group coming for lunch tomorrow, people coming for breakfast on Sunday, and then family for Easter dinner. Plus work today and tomorrow. Luckily we're closed Sunday, so I'll have a bit of time to prepare. Picked up all the fixin's today so I just now have to prep.

It's supposed to be raining off and on all weekend, but maybe things will clear up by Sunday. We'll see.

I took the dog out for a little walk this morning and let him off leash by a wooded area and he saw a rabbit crossing the field. Off he went. Of course, the rabbit saw him coming and took off. There was a little chase, but he then lost him. There's his exercise for the day. :)

Take care all and have a great long weekend.

Sounds like you'll be busy, but will be having a nice time. Happy Easter!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Since her recent surgery for breast cancer, my mom hasn't been able to start her radiation treatment because she contracted shingles. She's been suffering with it for a couple weeks now, but last night it was so bad, she asked me to take her to the emergency room. Three hours later, and 2 shots of pain medicine, she was finally pain-free enough for me to take her home.

This morning, I filled her prescriptions and took them to her. She said today was MUCH better, which is a relief for all of us. Thanks for continued prayers for her!

God Bless your mom, Brad. I am so sorry she is going through all this. On top of everything she is dealing with, then to contract the shingles - I myself have never had them, but obviously have seen how painful they can be for people. I pray she continues to have relief with them and you can guys have a blessed weekend and Easter. You all will continue to be in my prayers.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon and Happy Good Friday, MMC! I'm finally getting to make a post - I've only been replying to people. Lol. Anyway, we are busy preparing for Easter Sunday. DH and I are hosting dinner here. There will be only be 8 of us for dinner - some of our family will be elsewhere, so it won't be bad, but we always overcook (that's the Italian in us!) and we always have way too much food!

Nothing new here, except we continue to be busy with the kids and everyday life. This is the first Easter DH and I both have off in several years due to work schedules. I am excited to be spending it with my family. DD admitted to us a week or so ago, she no longer believes in Santa or the Easter Bunny, but is going to keep it going for my son, who is 7. I told her she better! I do a nice egg hunt for them every year too, but it's supposed to rain and be in the 50's, so depending on how the day is, DH and I may have to hide them in the house. We shall see!

I hope you all have a great day and a blessed Easter weekend!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Morning and "Good Friday" MMC! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers but unfortunately the guy I spoke about yesterday passed away. It was expected as there was little they could do for him they said from the beginning because he was unconscious for hours before anyone found him. Just live every day. That's all we can do and appreciate it. Have a great Good Friday Everyone!
Sorry for your loss...Prayers for healing and peace as the friends and families celebrate his life.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland

Continued prayers for your Mom. Hopefully she will be getting up to speed soon so she can start radiation. May you and your beautiful family have a blessed Easter.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
..... Severe storms are near us right now, but hopefully it won't be too bad here.....
Yeah, the severe weather predictions for our area in central NC are sounding pretty serious for this afternoon.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
God Bless your mom, Brad. I am so sorry she is going through all this. On top of everything she is dealing with, then to contract the shingles - I myself have never had them, but obviously have seen how painful they can be for people. I pray she continues to have relief with them and you can guys have a blessed weekend and Easter. You all will continue to be in my prayers.

Continued prayers for your Mom. Hopefully she will be getting up to speed soon so she can start radiation. May you and your beautiful family have a blessed Easter.

Thanks, y'all!

The storm passed by Bellville with little more than some very gusty winds, and a brief deluge of rain. It's still overcast and windy, but that's supposed to clear up in the next few hours. High of 71°F tomorrow!
-sun-

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello MMC friends....As we head into Easter weekend i would like to take this opportunity and wish everyone on MMC a Happy Easter...Have a lovely time celebrating this special weekend with family and friends:)

A Happy Easter to you and your family, prancer! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

I'm so sorry to hear that, Edge ~ prayers going up for his family and friends.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Thank you so much Meceka!
I hope you have a nice day and a beautiful Easter weekend. Sending hugs!

You're welcome, HmG!
Thank you so much and the same wish for you! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors