Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I will be away on Sunday and not back until the evening, but I can do Monday if there wasn't already a response for both.
Thanks a bunch, Auntie.
Minta has already stepped forward, but you can stand by as a back up if she can't do it on Monday for some reason.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
View attachment 60133

Good morning all! I worked the last two days and didn't get to check in and give you an update on DS. Between being busy at work and with him, I wasn't able to make it here. DH called me Tuesday morning at work and said DS was still having pain and felt his wrist wasn't any better. I talked with the doctor and she agreed, I trialed 2 days or so and with kids and growth plates, it's hard to tell, plus, if my gut feeling was that it could still be fractured, it's better to just get the x-ray done. It's not invasive and not going to hurt him. DH brought him out to work after school and sure enough, thankfully, we did the right thing. He has a buckle fracture of his radial bone of his wrist. He'll be in a hard cast for 4 weeks and have it re-x-rayed. If all goes well, he'll go to a soft wrist for 2 weeks, but if the x-ray shows he still needs some improvement, he'll be put back in the permanent cast. He's been such a trooper!

Not much going on here today. I have the next three days off. We're leaving tomorrow, to travel to York, Pa for DD's regional baton competition, but no real plans for today or tonight.

Hope you all have a great day!
I hope he does well with his cast. And I noticed you have your Memorial Day decorations out. Nice! May we never forget the sacrifices.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
View attachment 60133

Good morning all! I worked the last two days and didn't get to check in and give you an update on DS. Between being busy at work and with him, I wasn't able to make it here. DH called me Tuesday morning at work and said DS was still having pain and felt his wrist wasn't any better. I talked with the doctor and she agreed, I trialed 2 days or so and with kids and growth plates, it's hard to tell, plus, if my gut feeling was that it could still be fractured, it's better to just get the x-ray done. It's not invasive and not going to hurt him. DH brought him out to work after school and sure enough, thankfully, we did the right thing. He has a buckle fracture of his radial bone of his wrist. He'll be in a hard cast for 4 weeks and have it re-x-rayed. If all goes well, he'll go to a soft wrist for 2 weeks, but if the x-ray shows he still needs some improvement, he'll be put back in the permanent cast. He's been such a trooper!

Not much going on here today. I have the next three days off. We're leaving tomorrow, to travel to York, Pa for DD's regional baton competition, but no real plans for today or tonight.

What a great picture! Hope everything heals nicely so that in four weeks he can have his cast off and enjoy the Summer months. It reminds me of when I broke my right wrist when I was 10 and fell off our bunks beds (I was trying to jump down and landed on my arm). And then on an 3-day school trip in 5th grade, I broke my left radius on the very first activity: walking on ropes strung between trees (I wanted to get down and thought I could jump while letting go of the top rope but of course I fell straight down). I was a clumsy kid.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well. I am still battling this pneumonia. My other chronic health issues are making it difficult to kick this infection. The doctor had told me that when she saw me today if my lungs didn't sound any better from Monday when I was in there then she was going to admit me to the hospital, which is the LAST thing I wanted. Thankfully they got a little better. I still have lots of medication to take and was told to rest and stay away from crowds, but as long as I am at home and not in hospital I am grateful! I just feel so run down from this. Hopefully it clears up soon as we have a lot to do as a family in starting to help my mom clean out her house so she can move closer to me. What a nightmare that will be! Plus, she lives three hours away so it isn't like we can just pop over and do some stuff each day. I hope everyone else is doing well today!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well. I am still battling this pneumonia. My other chronic health issues are making it difficult to kick this infection. The doctor had told me that when she saw me today if my lungs didn't sound any better from Monday when I was in there then she was going to admit me to the hospital, which is the LAST thing I wanted. Thankfully they got a little better. I still have lots of medication to take and was told to rest and stay away from crowds, but as long as I am at home and not in hospital I am grateful! I just feel so run down from this. Hopefully it clears up soon as we have a lot to do as a family in starting to help my mom clean out her house so she can move closer to me. What a nightmare that will be! Plus, she lives three hours away so it isn't like we can just pop over and do some stuff each day. I hope everyone else is doing well today!
sugarmuffin I really hope you beat this pneumonia soon. Resting at home is the best place for you to be.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! We might see some sun today after a rainy, gloomy day yesterday. I worked 12 hours on Thursday and on my day off today, I’ll have to go in for an hour or so, because I didn’t have time to finish our employee schedule. Of course there’s also the usual grocery shopping and chores to do and hopefully everything will be done early enough that I can relax at some point. Have a great day everyone!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It's threatening rain, but I see blue sky through that overcast looking stuff.

Hope it doesn't put a damper on the Road Hockey event. They already postponed it from Thursday due to rain which we only saw for a brief period, but would have cause slippery surfaces.

Stay jolly!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy TGIF Memorial Day Style MMC! We're expecting a really nice weekend for the holiday. Maybe a shower early Sunday morning but nothing much. Warmer too by then. That means as I normally do put up the a/c the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. Actually made it pretty easily this year to it without needing a/c to sleep. Have a great TGIF heading into a 3 day holiday weekend!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I'm so sorry you've been that sick! Sending a prayer for healing right now.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

My brother and I went to a lodge dinner last night with our mom. They were having Widow's Night, and mom wanted to represent daddy. The Jim wanted to stay for the meeting. It was fun; I haven't been there in years. Of course, they had to call me out for being behind in my dues. Ugh. Now I have to pony-up for that, too LOL.

Taking Jacob out to dinner tonight. I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning.
Two weeks and a day to the Window!
(I think you know what I mean but details will follow anyway, after the count numbers.)

Days to the Season: 173
Days to Christmas Day: 215

And yes, truth be told, we are just one day over two weeks off from the 200-Day Christmas Day Milestone marker and the beginning of a double-100's count, as the year slowly evaporates.
(Aren't these yearly journeys fun!)

The heat slowly builds, but yesterday was really not bad. Some clouds held the temps down a bit and the humidity was still OK.
Today is supposed to be a different story though, and our high is predicted to top out at 95 degrees.
For now, this nice Weekend Eve day has begun for us at 75 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And I hope you have a really great start to your weekend this afternoon!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
View attachment 60133

Aww...what a cute pic!! Same thing with my oldest daughter it was the growth plate...hope he is better soon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning.
Two weeks and a day to the Window!
(I think you know what I mean but details will follow anyway, after the count numbers.)

Days to the Season: 173
Days to Christmas Day: 215

And yes, truth be told, we are just one day over two weeks off from the 200-Day Christmas Day Milestone marker and the beginning of a double-100's count, as the year slowly evaporates.
(Aren't these yearly journeys fun!)

The heat slowly builds, but yesterday was really not bad. Some clouds held the temps down a bit and the humidity was still OK.
Today is supposed to be a different story though, and our high is predicted to top out at 95 degrees.
For now, this nice Weekend Eve day has begun for us at 75 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And I hope you have a really great start to your weekend this afternoon!
Thanks Crown! Happy TGIF Memorial Day Style!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
TGIF!! Looking forward to a few days off...My daughter has a softball game tomorrow and then we don't have too many plans. I am sure we will be grilling out at some point too. Hope you all have a nice Friday and great weekend!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Keeping you in my thoughts, I hope you get plenty of rest and feel better soon.
xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Friday!
I just walked Rocky and it’s pretty windy out there. It’s going to be a nice day though overall, sunny with temperatures in the low 70’s. I just tidied up the house and started laundry. My middle one has off today so we’re going to do some shopping at the outlets. I’m grilling steaks later tonight for dinner. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great weekend ahead!!!
xx

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
box.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image