MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
It's threatening rain, but I see blue sky through that overcast looking stuff.
They used to call that "enough blue to knit a kitten britches."

Thinking of you often and wishing you merry thoughts!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I hope he does well with his cast. And I noticed you have your Memorial Day decorations out. Nice! May we never forget the sacrifices.

Thanks, Rich and you are so right. May we never forget!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
What a great picture! Hope everything heals nicely so that in four weeks he can have his cast off and enjoy the Summer months. It reminds me of when I broke my right wrist when I was 10 and fell off our bunks beds (I was trying to jump down and landed on my arm). And then on an 3-day school trip in 5th grade, I broke my left radius on the very first activity: walking on ropes strung between trees (I wanted to get down and thought I could jump while letting go of the top rope but of course I fell straight down). I was a clumsy kid.

Thanks, Martine! I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been in a cast already. He has some chronic issues with his eyes and he some major issues focusing and seeing, which makes his clumsy as well. We've made it to almost 8 years ago old - I'm impressed!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well. I am still battling this pneumonia. My other chronic health issues are making it difficult to kick this infection. The doctor had told me that when she saw me today if my lungs didn't sound any better from Monday when I was in there then she was going to admit me to the hospital, which is the LAST thing I wanted. Thankfully they got a little better. I still have lots of medication to take and was told to rest and stay away from crowds, but as long as I am at home and not in hospital I am grateful! I just feel so run down from this. Hopefully it clears up soon as we have a lot to do as a family in starting to help my mom clean out her house so she can move closer to me. What a nightmare that will be! Plus, she lives three hours away so it isn't like we can just pop over and do some stuff each day. I hope everyone else is doing well today!

Hope you continue to improve, sugarmuffin! Prayers for you!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hey heard on QVC. CIJ kicks off July 1- no waiting till the 25th. That’s Yabba!

That's awesome news. I'll have to look at the schedule. Thanks for the update!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
TGIF, Christmas friends!

My brother and I went to a lodge dinner last night with our mom. They were having Widow's Night, and mom wanted to represent daddy. The Jim wanted to stay for the meeting. It was fun; I haven't been there in years. Of course, they had to call me out for being behind in my dues. Ugh. Now I have to pony-up for that, too LOL.

Taking Jacob out to dinner tonight. I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Glad you guys had a nice time. Enjoy dinner with Jacob!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Aww...what a cute pic!! Same thing with my oldest daughter it was the growth plate...hope he is better soon!

Thanks, SFM! We were thankful it wasn't the growth plate - that it for sure worse!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Friday!
I just walked Rocky and it’s pretty windy out there. It’s going to be a nice day though overall, sunny with temperatures in the low 70’s. I just tidied up the house and started laundry. My middle one has off today so we’re going to do some shopping at the outlets. I’m grilling steaks later tonight for dinner. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great weekend ahead!!!
xx

Sounds like a fun day - enjoy!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Not much on the agenda for this am. Just catching up on the shows I've missed recently and I've got to pack for the weekend. We won't be leaving until DH gets home from work this evening, so I have some time yet.

Hope you all have a great day!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Indeed - that's why I can't always bring O'Malley along and sometimes I have to borrow one of Jayish's outfits to sneak him in with a disguise.
Halloween is five months away, but that's plenty scary...:eek:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
He looks quite delighted by the attention he'll get when he goes to school with his cast. It's harder to sign those ones than it was to sign the old white plaster one I had as a youngster.
Shush! You're tattling on all of us who know of what you speak...:cool:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well. I am still battling this pneumonia. My other chronic health issues are making it difficult to kick this infection. The doctor had told me that when she saw me today if my lungs didn't sound any better from Monday when I was in there then she was going to admit me to the hospital, which is the LAST thing I wanted. Thankfully they got a little better. I still have lots of medication to take and was told to rest and stay away from crowds, but as long as I am at home and not in hospital I am grateful! I just feel so run down from this. Hopefully it clears up soon as we have a lot to do as a family in starting to help my mom clean out her house so she can move closer to me. What a nightmare that will be! Plus, she lives three hours away so it isn't like we can just pop over and do some stuff each day. I hope everyone else is doing well today!
I understand the attention may be nice, but stop messing around with this sickie business, and heal up, yesterday, already. :)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
They used to call that "enough blue to knit a kitten britches."

Thinking of you often and wishing you merry thoughts!
This is not to be confused with "Cat fur for kitten britches", which is shorthand for errands and/or a mystery package for Christmas, birthday, etc.-gift-

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
This is not to be confused with "Cat fur for kitten britches", which is shorthand for errands and/or a mystery package for Christmas, birthday, etc.-gift-
Have never heard that one! Expressions like that fascinate me. I remember a few from my parents and grandparents back home that were rather...er...earthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image