Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Heat Wave Break MMC! Finally the heat will break today. It's been way too hot and way too humid. Unbearable. I love summer but this was a bit much. Back to normal temps coming at least. Only working today and tomorrow before 5 days off (my last real "summer break"). Other than that I have the Friday before Labor Day off to make a 4 day weekend to welcome in the Bers. I'm so not ready for the Bers! That's what I will attempt to get ready over my break this week. Have a great Heat Wave Break!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
so glad this heatwave is finally over! It went out with a massive thunderstorm, below are a few pictures of the storm front that went through here

it was noisy and wild for a bit. Flattened my garden, but happy to say it al sprang back up and is fine. Power out in places and even a funnel cloud spotted. But is past, we are fine and the heat is broken. For the first time in a couple of weeks all doors and windows open again.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Two-Week-To-Go Travelers.

Indeed.
Two weeks from today we will arrive at a critical Milestone marker which will change the nature of our Season count.
Check out the details below.

First, our new week initial number set:
Days to the Season: 114
Days to Christmas Day: 156

Our nex marker, you likely know by now, is the 100-Day Season point, which will be here precisely TWO WEEKS from this date.
At that point, the complexion of our count changes because the first number will just have 2 digits instead of the usual three.
Symbolic, of course, of our quickening pace to the beginning of Christmas Season 2019!

OK. Today is supposed to be the final day for our oppressively hot and humid weather, and the high tomorrow is predicted to barely reach 80.
Quite a welcomed relief indeed!
We again start warm today however, at 81 degrees, headed up once more into the mid 90's.

But you have a Marvelous Monday Friends, regardless of your weather situation!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Indeed.
Two weeks from today we will arrive at a critical Milestone marker which will change the nature of our Season count.

Our nex marker, you likely know by now, is the 100-Day Season point, which will be here precisely TWO WEEKS from this date.
At that point, the complexion of our count changes because the first number will just have 2 digits instead of the usual three.
Symbolic, of course, of our quickening pace to the beginning of Christmas Season 2019!

OK. Today is supposed to be the final day for our oppressively hot and humid weather, and the high tomorrow is predicted to barely reach 80.
We again start warm today however, at 81 degrees, headed up once more into the mid 90's.

Thanks Crown! Happy Heat Wave Breaks!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Monday!
It’s going to be warm and humid today with showers/storms developing later today. I’m going to head out soon to run my errands and get that over with. I’m going to visit my parents for a bit while I’m out. Back home afterward to work on my chores. That’s about it. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

I'm already suffering from Mary Poppins withdrawals. What a wonderful weekend Elizabeth had! She performed flawlessly, acting, dancing and singing like a pro. They had a cast party after the last performance yesterday, then we took her out to dinner at her favorite restaurant. They have to go today to strike the set.

I hope y'all have a great day!

Sun_1.jpg

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
For the past 5 days, it has been over 95 degrees or more. Tomorrow, the weather breaks and cooler temperatures will be around 78. I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures and I pray for the people that do not have an air conditioner in their home. It can be very dangerous and hot without some type of cooling relief. Have a great day MMCers.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday and back to the grind! It is still a bit humid out there but at least it is not as warm. Looks like we may have rain later today. I have a full work week ahead but I am off for a week in a couple of weeks. Hope you all have a good week!!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy Saturday! We have an excessive heat warning too...they are saying record heat today and tomorrow. I just received an email for all new fall candles! Signs the Bers are on their way even if it is 100 degrees outside. Have a great day and stay cool!
Heading out the door morning temps in the upper 50s today and tomorrow...Shades of late August, but they'll pop back up into the 60s mid - week and forward.

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
Full week of band camp started today for DD's high school, 8 am to 6 pm. With lots of hydration & deodorant, they'll be fine! "Cooling down" to highs in the 80's this week. Two weeks until school starts and we have a high school freshman this year...I hope I can manage to keep my stress level down & DD can remember everything she's supposed to be doing!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Indeed.

I am so pleased I returned a day early with this countdown greeting staring me in the face. Two weeks is going to fly by for sure!

Good thing I have my merry cape to soar along with it.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Excuse me Mr. Mayor @Bradmac; I nearly slipped into your merry neck of the woods yesterday, but alas the bridge to Bristol was closed from Quebec. As was the ferry to Maine from New Brunswick.

We decided not to return via Maine and Vermont (the Vermont exit was accessible) and head for home a day or two early. We feared if we headed that way, we would stay longer and I have to finish a report for work on Wednesday.

It would have been so neat to see Elizabeth on stage as Mary Poppins; you would have recognized my applause as it would have been equal to the noise y'all were making.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm baaaaack! :shakeitFirst stop - MMC!

We had a great time. 8 days on the road with my dad turned out great. I imagine he was as worried as I was in the beginning that we could get along for 8 days and several long drives (did the second day with 11 hours in the car and 3 short stops).

We spent most of our time in Englishtown, Sydney, Christmas Island and then Louisburg and down to Mahone Bay and Lunenberg Nova Scotia.

We swung over to P.E.I. never wound up bedding down in New Brunswick at all.

Quebec City was a bit disappointing, partly because by the time we arrived there wasn't much for us to do except visit old downtown which was on our list of things to do. It has changed so much since I was younger, mostly pubs with a few clothing shops and sweet tooth shops.

I phoned to check on my big boy and was so sad to learn that he did not take well to his temporary surroundings. He spent most of the time under Sandy's bed, in her closet or hiding in the big cat tree. We decided not to go to Montreal or Ottawa for another day and head home instead.

When I went to pick him up, I had a bag of souvenirs for Sandy from our various trips along with a tiny pussywillow soft kitty in a basket (orange and white).

I called O'Malley, but he didn't come out from hiding so I went into the room crouched down and used the mirror to share my reflection with O'Malley at first and then bent down and turned my head toward him. He looked so scared at first. I went around to the other side and he army crawled his way out from under the bed half-way so I could touch him.

I went out to visit with Sandy for a bit and kept encouraging him to get into his cage so we could go home. She said that he disappeared on Wednesday and she didn't know where he was hiding, she couldn't find him for the longest time. (I'll bet he went to the "Pines" without me.)

I finally had to pick him up and put him inside. He wanted to go home, but he didn't want to go in the cage. He meowed in the cage a bit and I kept talking to him about how close we were getting and that I did have to obey the traffic lights even if he was in a rush to get back to our new normal without the big daddy cat around.

We have been home for an hour and a half and he has already sought comfort in three usual spots for his naps where he can see me, but keep his distance.

He took a nibble of kibble, Sandy said that he didn't eat well and wound up with diarrhea for two days she guessed it was nerves. He's bathing himself now; he's content.

Sadly she only saw him three times the entire time as he would come out to do his business or eat when she wasn't around and whenever he saw her, he'd hiss, growl and retreat in the opposite direction.

Remember how hard it was to leave him since he was still in his cage when I left, I won't be able to put him through that again.

I should have known better because aside from the first three months of his life, my husband and I were the only people he truly knew. I won't put him through that experience again so I can't be more than three nights or four days away.

I'm glad I had the chance to go on vacation with my dad, we had great music, conversation and created some new memories while reflecting on old ones. We never knew where we were going to sleep until we found a spot and it all worked out great.

We did our best to navigate the old fashioned way with road maps instead of relying on more modern technology. His GPS is called George and he doesn't always work the best for us as he insisted we take a ferry a few times where we could just as easily taken the preferred bridge. My maps on my phone were used three times to point us in the right direction when we got off the main hwy to explore things and couldn't rely on George who kept telling us he was losing his satalite reception. Molly (my phone navigator) was more trusted although a bit bossy.

Keep a merry thought in your head. +i

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE POTENTIAL MERRY MAKERS

Whilst I was at the Post Office in Christmas Island, my distant cousin said, she would be more than happy and willing to stamp my outgoing Christmas cards this year with the red and green Christmas Island Seals.
That means, I prepare them here postage paid, slip them all into a large envelope and mail them to Hughena and she will stamp them and send them on their merry way. I was wondering what I could do to add to the joy of card giving this year since I lost so many photos that I used to place in my cards; now I have a festive solution.

-list- Stay Jolly! -northpole-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Encounter with Critters Dept: Not me this time. My brother and his partner were hiking through a nearby canyon in Northern California when they met up with a most unusual quadruped. They have seen wolves, deer, snakes, etc. before, but a cow was a new one. A selfie of the threesome was posted on FB, and they called a local number to get the rogue moo - beast back to her field. A happy ending.:)

The great cow escape - sounds like a good bit of reading.
Reminds me of the time one of the staff didn't call in sick exactly, but had a good reason not to come to work; there were two bulls in her field and they only owned 1 so she had to stay to find out who owned the second bull.

I wound up making a special certificate for her for the best excuse not to come to work. HaHa.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Well she is JUST practically perfect in every way...:rolleyes:

That line used to drive my husband crazy because I believed I was practically perfect in every way just like Mary Poppins.
Can I help it?
I think not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors