Countdown to Christmas --

Comics and Anmiation Talk

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryan, Aug 24, 2017.

1. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. Santa's Mentor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Partner

Just the look on my wife's face when she realized who the characters were supposed to be... that was pretty funny.

XmasDreams and Ryan like this.
  2. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

looks like they are going to keep going with the idea of archies.

The CW is in development of a Sabrina the Teenage Witch-centered spin-off of its hit series Riverdale. TV Line reports that the one-hour series is titled The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and is in development for the 2018 – 2019 season. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Riverdale) will write the script, with Lee Toland Krieger directing.

The series will have a Rosemary’s Baby/The Exorcist tone and “reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. … This adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.”

Ryan likes this.
  3. George Broderick Jr.

Perhaps they'll "reimagine" Cosmo, The Merry Martian as a human flesh eater from beyond the stars? That will be exciting for the kiddies!

Let's mess around with the Harvey Comics characters, next! That'll be fun! :rolleyes:

Ryan likes this.
  4. XmasDreams

what i'd like see remade is some of the terrytones and mostly "The Astronut Show". Felt that the show ended faster than it should have.

Ryan likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Christmas Podmaster Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Maybe a dark reimagining of Hot Stuff. I mean he is a devil...
    IMG_2514.JPG

XmasDreams likes this.
  6. XmasDreams

I'd think that would be fun. Thinking about remaking of stuff reminds me of the Popeye movie that got canceled a few years ago. The test footage they showed had a ton of promise .

Ryan likes this.
  7. George Broderick Jr.

The Harvey characters ALL had serious problems... Little Lotta had an unhealthy food obsession, Little Dot was OCD about dots, Hot Stuff was incontinent (he wore a diaper all the time!), Little Audrey was ADHD and Richie Rich was a self-obsessed one percenter (he'd let Freckles and Pee Wee come up to the house to play, but never gave one red cent to help their struggling families). Casper was a dead little boy. Spooky was a dead little boy from Brooklyn... and Sad Sack NEVER once saw *actual* combat!

Ryan likes this.
  8. MandyKessler

MandyKessler Christmas Fan MMC Member

I read Archie when I was younger and was a big fan so I was SO excited for Riverdale. There's very little humor, but man is it fun television. It actually got me to pick up the New Riverdale stuff they started in 2015 (which is amazing by the way) which was my first Archie comic in lord knows how many years.

Ryan and XmasDreams like this.
  9. XmasDreams

Speaking of Animated movies. Has anyone watched the Batman and Harley Quinn movie? Watched if the other day and thought it was alright, but felt at times muddled to get the movie out fast.

Ryan likes this.
  10. George Broderick Jr.

I absolutely HATE Harley Quinn... I can't understand how DC can package her as some sort of "role model" in their younger readers DC Super Hero Girls series.

11. George Broderick Jr.

Just sent this to the printer yesterday...

julbock_front_cover.jpg

12. XmasDreams

looks great can't wait to order it and give it a good read.

Ryan and George Broderick Jr. like this.
  13. Ryan

You’ve just raised very solid points! ;)

14. Ryan

I like the character but agree that she’s not a role more type!

15. Ryan

I haven’t seen it yet but am looking forward to it. Looks similar to the Animated Series (which is still my favorite incantation of Batman). But, from what I can tell, it doesn’t fit into the same continuity.

XmasDreams likes this.
  16. Ryan

I can’t wait!

17. XmasDreams

UMMMMMM YEA, really not liking the new look of Harvey reboot. Just picked up issue # 1 today, guess will still read it and telly ou what i think.

Harvey Hits #1.jpg

Ryan likes this.
  18. George Broderick Jr.

My friend, Art Baltazar, drew that cover... all Art's work is "off model"... it always looks like his character designs... that's his "thing"... I believe this is a "published in Canada" comic... different licensing rules than the USA... American Mythology has the US rights to the Harvey characters, but ONLY the "Enchanted Forest" characters... no Richie Rich, Little Dot, etc.

19. XmasDreams

Ryan likes this.
  20. George Broderick Jr.

See? That's a prime example of what I'm talking about... nice "cute" art, professionally done... but it just doesn't LOOK like Little Dot.

[​IMG]