Easter 2018

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Easter is the next big holiday here it's in ways like christmas as people decorate their homes and their trees or shrubs,it's quite the season here and it's my next big candy making holiday as well as those DIY'S Easter crafts.Does anyone here do their home up for easter,do you enjoy those easter diy's,i love sharing ideas as easter is such a pretty holiday,thought it would be nice to share ideas,stories,is there an easter that sticks with you,is there a decoration or just anything that make make you smile.Easter is quite the holiday here,as i've already gotten a few orders for the easter rag garland that i make which it does takes time especially those who need in those long length's with lights,just would love to share this holiday with my MMC family.What are you thinking?d7e436d6b0f44b6e8890959deb2bb849.gif

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Thanks for starting such a great thread. I love celebrating seasons and holidays. We are blessed with such joyful events through out the year as we journey our way back to our most favourite. After Christmas I look forward to Easter. It's a special holiday and it coincides with Spring - when everything blossoms and comes to life again with thoughts of summer days head.

For easter, my decorations are pretty low key. I have a few little ornaments I put up and I especially love having fresh daffodils and marigolds through out the house. I look forward to painting eggs with the children and our easter egg hunt.

I hope you have fun preparing for this Easter. It's an early one this year too being April 01st.

Reactions: Ryan and Holiday

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
I've started a few diy easter decorations as i'll be doing my home up and i have a few more orders from people so looks like this will be a busy season for me as well.As i love my tulips when they come up as well as my other spring flowers,as i have purple an white lights that i put up as well and we do love coloring the eggs it's a true festive time here.Easter-Eggs-for-you56.gif

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Started gathering spring like material for my rag garlands and got some purple lights also bought more plastic eggs as i add them to the garlands as well also started a few basket creations.As i've been collecting wicker baskets and other pieces which i repaint and decorate for the season some are used in centerpiece decor.This year we will be doing our jellybean hunt which we do indoors my sister and i hide jellybeans around the house as this is what my parents did and we also put a quarter in the plastic eggs and hide those.My parents always made things fun as we were brought up simply we lived off our land and my mom and grandmother made everything from scratch,my grandmother would make quilts and her jams and preserves.Easter morning we would have oranges,bananas and the eggs that we colored and homemade biscuits with grammas preserves on them,then we would find the jellybeans that were hidden.As i got older i would help put dinner together which was ham,sweet potatoes,white potatoes,beets and beans,grams homemade coleslaw,deviled eggs and homemade biscuits.I cherish all these wonderful memories and i pretty much live the way i was brought up,i make my own things,i garden,i make things from scratch it's who i am and the holidays aren't about the money,gifts or what you have,it's the heart and the spirit that lives on within your heart.c69bf4278dd2b54a9a064086ed89f178.gif

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Great thread! :)
Easter isn't nearly the hoopla around here as Christmas, but it's a holiday to celebrate for sure! I do decorate inside. I've never done outside decorations. I'm guessing Easter will be at our house this year since 1 sis had Thanksgiving, another Christmas & my other sis just doesn't have the space for our ever growing family. We always have an Easter egg hunt for the little ones, & usually some kind of corny game for adults, like tying 2 peoples legs together to hunt eggs & see who can collect the most - makes it a little more interesting. LOL! Always helps if the weather is nice! ;) And I do like it when Easter is early!!

upload_2018-1-12_11-11-59.png (Notice the "Keep Christmas in your heart all year" decoration in the bottom left. LOL)

Reactions: Ryan and angelpugs

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I have a few Easter decorations that I set out along with a wreath, but would like to do more this year, so reading everyones ideas are great.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
I enjoy being a crafts person as i make alot of my own and easter will be very colorful here,it's all made simply but,so beautiful,i'll post pics of things that i enjoy making as i make them for a few close friends and family.You can go to Pinterest",Craftgawker'as i have had accounts with these for a few years now,but,i also design a few ideas on my own.b4f1530791b6491ab76c74a20a3fc898--easter-rag-wreath-rag-wreaths-ideas.jpg il_340x270_425019653_dbso.jpg b4f1530791b6491ab76c74a20a3fc898--easter-rag-wreath-rag-wreaths-ideas.jpg

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I notice one supermarket started with Hot cross buns. Little early !! I like seeing the build up of the spring and easter stuff in the shops. Chocolate eggs will soon come out :)

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Our shops and stores have alot of easter,actually they have more easter than valentines as here easter is a big thing so we usually have more of that.dollartreeeaster5.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
As i've started on the rag garlands i'm making them for a few people and some are for big areas and i need to add decor pieces to them.be708816a12bb34438cdfc21acbc2789.jpg

Reactions: Holiday

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
It is a fun time here as so many of our women are working on their spring easter ideas so many are buying spring materials and easter and our women quilters are working with love on those quilts.I myself am putting things together here and buying all my materials for my crafting which i am working on pieces now,it really is fun as you can take any idea and put your own spin on it,i just ordered more purple lights and pink for a few of my projects.If your ever on Pinterest look me up as i've been there for years and i have so many boards and so many helpful ideas within the past two years i've become a repurposer and i upcycle things and so much more,it is fun and i enjoy sharing with everyone.09e53414bc14e1afe33f9b3ac626ab52--easter-centerpiece-centerpieces.jpg Favorite-Repurposed-Crafts-for-Spring-Decor.jpg

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
So many things you can do with those plastic easter eggs,i've done many things with them.PICT0014.JPG plastic.jpg

Ali

Holiday Fangirl
MMC Lifer
Apr 12, 2007
England via Canada
I love Easter! Such an uplifting time of year. Today is Shrove Tuesday, so I will be making a big batch of pancakes for supper today. Tomorrow marks the beginning of Lent with Ash Wednesday. I like to decorate with live plants and hyacinths are a favourite. I need to get out and buy a few pots of the bulbs to set out around the house. The scent and colour when they finally bloom is wonderful and really cheering when its still feeling like Winter outside.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Hard to believe Easter will be here before you know it,been busy with Easter centerpieces and deco and my home is done with a bit of spring and easter even though winter has not let up.Easter-eggs-bynny-flowers-GIF.gif

JessicaLouise

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Oct 26, 2017
England
Excited for Easter this year. Feels like its been winter for so long cant wait for it to brighten up. Also haven't celebrated anything since Christmas so will be nice to get into the spirit of a holiday. I want to try out some cheap decor DIY's any recommendations? :)

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
I've found it's always nice to put up just a little something up for each holiday. Especially after Xmas when the house seems so empty without the decorations. We have a nice and simple pink/white/red heart wreath for Valentine's Day, strand of green lights, a shamrock Beanie and $1 store shamrock for St. Patrick's, and egg lights for the mantle along with some stuffed rabbits and a $1 rabbit head for the door. It can all be done really budget if you don't want to go "all out." I'm guessing Michael's Easter stuff is already on sale and you can grab some pretty good stuff. If you have kids then those window clings go a long way for simple joys. And those you can usually grab for a buck and can last several years if stored properly (and haven't faded). I even put up a strand of red/white/blue "Xmas" lights on the mantle during the Fourth of July just to give the room some holiday spirit. Plus I know when that stuff comes down then next stop is Halloween!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image