Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
3E57B1DA-311B-4B40-B010-CBCE34E885E0.jpeg

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Awesome!

I like to enjoy the 4th of July Weekend. That's always the last big holiday before the holiday wheels start turning. And I'm a sucker for hosted TV marathons, so even when the actual date of the 4th is over, I still keep celebrating it until the end of that weekend when whichever marathon I'm watching is over. Last year was the Kaijuly Roarth Marathon (basically a Godzilla marathon) on El Rey Network. So I'm hoping for that again this year.

I then typically go to San Diego Comic Con in mid-July. So that then becomes my focus after the 4th.

Towards the end of July is when I start counting down the days until August. Which to me is the informal start of the season when you can start getting the wheels turning not only on Halloween, but on EVERYTHING else coming up over the next 4 months as well. And then September 1st officially marks the beginning of the Halloween Season!

It's coming up soon! This year I'm going to be an assistant manager at a Spirit Halloween store. I know the district manager for the stores in my area, so that's going to start up in August.

I'm sticking around this season Edge! Remember I told you I'd let you know about that? I'll send you a PM soon.

That's awesome. And pretty close to my summer unfolding: We celebrate "The 4th of July", and that's the last holiday before "THE HOLIDAYS".

I try to do a little "Christmas in July" between July 4th and July 25th (usually just watching a Christmas movie - I don't have cable so I don't get Hallmark Channel, but I've got Netflix and DVDs. etc). And to listen to some Christmas music.

By Mid-July, "Party City" has started to install their Halloween section, so that's nice, to see the costumes and decorations coming in. Meanwhile, Hobby Lobby has started to install their Christmas section by early to mid July. Immediately after Independence Day, Walmart and the other stores start putting in "back to school" stuff, and I take that as a "first sign of Fall"

August is Pre-Season NFL football (another "first sign of Fall", for me, anyway). The last week or two of August is when I see Halloween stuff going up in Walgreens or at Walmart (though SOMETIMES they wait till Labor Day weekend to put in the Halloween stuff). The last week of August is also when the "Spirit Halloween" type stores begin opening up around here.

And then Labor Day hits, and the mad dash to Fall/Halloween/Christmas begins! :)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image