Happy "Last Week of August"!

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
We've arrived at that time of year! We've got around 7 days left in August. I know people are already posting photos in the "Halloween Blossoms" thread (since July), but this is the time period (during this last week of August) that the stores really transform and go full blown "Fall" and "Halloween".

For instance, in Walmart and Walgreens, this is the week that they'll put up the Halloween section (at last in my area). Walmart takes down their "Back to School" section and puts up the Halloween decorations and costumes, and that always signals to me that it won't be long until the "Christmas" section of the store is up and running as well.

Also, I was just driving to work this morning, and saw a sign for a place that just opened up called the "Halloween Warehouse" (or something like that). This last week of August is usually when the temporary Halloween stores (like "Spirit Halloween" store) open up, and those can be fun to go into.

So I just wanted to share: I'm getting in the spirit for Halloween now (and it's times like these that you can tell - it won't be long until Christmas!) :)

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Our local grocery store transformed their seasonal display to all Halloween candy this week!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We were at the local B.J.'s last night, and the Halloween candy is out. Our local Party City has signs out letting us know they have Halloween costumes. Next weekend I'll get out a few autumnal decorations to take to the office. My co-workers get a kick out of it when I decorate my desk area!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Our local walmart just started putting up Fall decorations and kitchen décor. Kids here do to back to school until after labor day so while they may start getting the fall and Halloween goodies on the shelf it will not be until at least the weekend or the following week after labor day before go full blown for fall and Halloween. The back to school section I still pretty full with back to school supplies. Same thing with our local walgreens and the grocery store.

I am ready for it though LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Mesa

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
My grocery store and Dollar General have all the Halloween/Fall stuff out. I am headed to Target this weekend so I will have to check it out.
Exciting times for sure!!

Reactions: Mesa

Mesa

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Aug 2, 2017
Alaska
We've arrived at that time of year! We've got around 7 days left in August. I know people are already posting photos in the "Halloween Blossoms" thread (since July), but this is the time period (during this last week of August) that the stores really transform and go full blown "Fall" and "Halloween".

For instance, in Walmart and Walgreens, this is the week that they'll put up the Halloween section (at last in my area). Walmart takes down their "Back to School" section and puts up the Halloween decorations and costumes, and that always signals to me that it won't be long until the "Christmas" section of the store is up and running as well.

Also, I was just driving to work this morning, and saw a sign for a place that just opened up called the "Halloween Warehouse" (or something like that). This last week of August is usually when the temporary Halloween stores (like "Spirit Halloween" store) open up, and those can be fun to go into.

So I just wanted to share: I'm getting in the spirit for Halloween now (and it's times like these that you can tell - it won't be long until Christmas!) :)

I went to the craft store today and got supplies to decorate a fall themed wreath. Can't wait to hang it up!

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
We have alot of Fall,been doing alot of my fall crafting.

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
You guys are so lucky. Probably be the end of September before we see much over here. Still in back to school mode for another few weeks.

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
You guys are so lucky. Probably be the end of September before we see much over here. Still in back to school mode for another few weeks.

I wish we celebrated fall and Halloween more in the UK, here it seems to be a kind of 'second thought' holiday - very few people in our area trick or treat - last year we only had 6 kids. My two do go Halloweening but they only go to a few streets local to us and only to the decorated houses. I wonder if I might start a decorating for Fall trend.....the most I tend to do when fall comes around is to put the blankets onto the back of the chairs, put out more candles into their holders, make sure all the winter jackets are hung up and start to look at heat proofing the house. We live on top of a mountain fairly close by the coast so when the winds and bad weather hits we get the full brunt of it.

Reactions: 'Tis the season

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Wilkos have started. They even have a countdown till their full range is launched :D
For us here, Back to School is already on it's way out and will end this week making way for Halloween stock and some Christmas by start of September!

http://www.wilko.com/page/halloween

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Happy Last Week of August !

Autumn is definaltey in the air. I have noticed some leaf fall in the park and a few Halloween items creeping into the shops. I am looking forward to decorating for autumn and halloween and will probably start mid September.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Got my home just about done in fall color,still waxing more leaves that i've been collecting for other decor pieces as i said we seem to have more fall than halloween this year.

Reactions: 'Tis the season

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image