"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" airdate

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
It's official:

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is scheduled to air on October 19th at 8 pm EST on ABC.

What's different this year is that's a Thursday night. The last few years, it's aired on Wednesday nights, if I recall right. Which is nice, as I won't miss it this year due to Wednesday church.

Here's the relevant article about the airdate:

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...2825905/great-pumpkin-charlie-brown-air-date/

I checked elsewhere, and the TV guide website says "Toy Story of Terror" is what will air at 8:30 pm. I think they've now aired "Toy Story of Terror" after "It's the Great Pumpkin" for the last 4 years ("Toy Story of Terror" premiered in October 2013, and it's becoming a staple yearly broadcast for ABC). It's nice, but I wish they would air "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown" again, like they used to do, or some other Charlie Brown special. The should've aired "You're Not Elected, Charlies Brown" last year, it made sense in 2016 (the election year).

Again, I do like "Toy Story of Terror" but personally, I'll probably flip over to the football game at 8:30 EST (to watch my Kansas City Chiefs play on Thursday night football - the game starts at 8:30).

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
It's official:

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is scheduled to air on October 19th at 8 pm EST on ABC.

What's different this year is that's a Thursday night. The last few years, it's aired on Wednesday nights, if I recall right. Which is nice, as I won't miss it this year due to Wednesday church.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...2825905/great-pumpkin-charlie-brown-air-date/

I checked elsewhere, and the TV guide website says "Toy Story of Terror" is what will air at 8:30 pm. I think they've now aired "Toy Story of Terror" after "It's the Great Pumpkin" for the last 4 years ("Toy Story of Terror" premiered in October 2013, and it's becoming a staple yearly broadcast for ABC). It's nice, but I wish they would air "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown" again, like they used to do, or some other Charlie Brown special. The should've aired "You're Not Elected, Charlies Brown" last year, it made sense in 2016 (the election year).

Again, I do like "Toy Story of Terror" but personally, I'll probably flip over to the football game at 8:30 EST (to watch my Kansas City Chiefs play on Thursday night football - the game starts at 8:30).

SO glad they've announced it and it isnt' anywhere near Halloween. Less than 1 week to go!! :)

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
The past two years it has been shown on Halloween night and I've missed it because of having to work overnights. I still do but this year I think I'll go to work alittle late so I can watch it with my kids lol. And I think they prob will show it again on Halloween but prob the hour long special.

It's official:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image