MMC Loving Both Thanksgiving and Christmas

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
Thanksgiving and Christmas are seemingly at odds with each other these days. The politically correct thing seems to be “honoring Thanksgiving” by not doing Christmas too early. We must avoid the nefarious thing called “Christmas Creep“. Target made a splash in the news by announcing they were not going to “give in to Christmas Creep” by eschewing Thanksgiving. (Although they still have aisle after aisle of Christmas stuff you can buy while you notice their Thanksgiving signs and listen to their moralizing politics). Other retailers are getting in the act, too. Plenty have made it widely known that this yearRead more

The post Loving Both Thanksgiving and Christmas appeared first on My Merry Christmas.

Continue reading...

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Between Halloween and Thanksgiving, I eagerly anticipate BOTH Thanksgiving and Christmas ... I enjoy them both, and don't have any problem looking forward to both at the same time! You will hear Christmas music in my vicinity before Thanksgiving, and maybe see a Christmas movie/video or two. I don't see any reason to artificially segregate the two holidays, and preclude any enjoyment of the Christmas season before Thanksgiving. Different people celebrate the holidays in different ways, and that's fine. If you feel strongly about saving your Christmas celebration for strictly after Thanksgiving, I respect that. But at the same time, don't roll your eyes at me or tell me I don't appreciate Thanksgiving because I like to start enjoying the Christmas season a bit earlier. I love both holidays enough to open my heart to both at the same time!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Love this! I have always said Halloween through New Years is the "Holiday Season for celebrating with family & friends"

BooksNChristmas

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
MMC Premiere
Oct 17, 2007
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
www.truebookaddict.com
Thanksgiving and Christmas always went hand in hand when I was growing up. I've never felt that Christmas infringes on Thanksgiving. I'm with Holiday. The holiday season for me starts in October and runs through New Year's day (in fact, I extend it through Twelfth Night). I ordered me a brand new Christmas tree from QVC and I plan to put it up very soon. Getting a super early start this year.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image