MY PLANS FOR EASTER 2016!

thechristmasmusicman

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2010
I don't know what I'm planning to do on Easter Day itself, but from Thursday the 24th. of March, I'll be with my parish choir singing the Easter Triduum. On Holy Thursday night, we'll be doing the Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:30 p.m., which is a beautiful tribute to the institution of the Eucharist. It features a foot washing ceremony and the Procession of the Blessed Sacrament to the lower Church. The following night, on Friday the 25th., I'll be there for the liturgy of the Passion, which features holy communion and the adoration of the cross. And the following evening, Saturday the 26th., we've got the Easter Vigil, with the lighting of the Paschal Candle, the first Mass of Easter, and the rites of baptism, confirmation, and the RCIA celebrations. And of course, I'm singing at at 10:30 a.m. Mass on Easter Sunday.
You know, on Friday December 25th., Christmas Day, I noted that 12 weeks from that day, we would be commemorating the Crucifixion of Christ. This gives me a time to reflect-Christmas isn't about gifts we get from under a tree, but of the man who was nailed to one.
Oh, and on the day of the Easter Vigil itself, I've been invited to a family party where one of my nieces will be turning 2 years old. What a riot that'll be!

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
I don't know what I'm planning to do on Easter Day itself, but from Thursday the 24th. of March, I'll be with my parish choir singing the Easter Triduum. On Holy Thursday night, we'll be doing the Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:30 p.m., which is a beautiful tribute to the institution of the Eucharist. It features a foot washing ceremony and the Procession of the Blessed Sacrament to the lower Church. The following night, on Friday the 25th., I'll be there for the liturgy of the Passion, which features holy communion and the adoration of the cross. And the following evening, Saturday the 26th., we've got the Easter Vigil, with the lighting of the Paschal Candle, the first Mass of Easter, and the rites of baptism, confirmation, and the RCIA celebrations. And of course, I'm singing at at 10:30 a.m. Mass on Easter Sunday.
You know, on Friday December 25th., Christmas Day, I noted that 12 weeks from that day, we would be commemorating the Crucifixion of Christ. This gives me a time to reflect-Christmas isn't about gifts we get from under a tree, but of the man who was nailed to one.
Oh, and on the day of the Easter Vigil itself, I've been invited to a family party where one of my nieces will be turning 2 years old. What a riot that'll be!
There is nothing I look forward to more than Holy Week .

Reactions: snowflake22

thechristmasmusicman

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2010
And guess what? I'm gonna to visit my sister Peggy's for brunch, and then go up to Siobhan and Dan's relatives for dinner. Isn't that great?!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image