Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 151 DAYS

Happy Last Day of June! How is it possible that we are just about to be halfway through the year? I don't get it. And we are even more than halfway through this countdown of course. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving this Sunny Sunday morning stands at 151 days. And that means tomorrow we hit a huge milestone. We usher in the 2nd half of the year, the month of July and the "150 day" marker! Those are 3 big reasons to enjoy Monday. But before we do let's just enjoy today shall we? A nice Sunday here in late June. And then we'll go into July which will bring us a lot of heat but a lot of fun too. You may not love summer fun quite as much as autumn fun though. Nothing beats Autumn fun does it? Anyway, all of you planning turkeys this summer let us know how they go. Let us drool with you. Have a great Last Day of June!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 150 DAYS

Happy July Arrives! We made it to another month! We made it to another milestone as well. Let's take a look first at our Countdown. We sit this Monday morning on the 1st of July at 150 days. There we go. The 150 day marker is here! We made it. Amazing. Halfway from 200 to 100. And just like that we are into the 8th month since November! 8 folks! That's crazy. It's amazing and a great feeling to have these next 2 months to enjoy the summer time while dreaming of the Bers and the Season ahead of us. Amazing stuff. Great stuff. Special stuff. I love July and I'm glad we're into this month. I see a few of you saying you'll have a special turkey this summer. Please keep us posted with your meals when you have them and how they came out. Alright fans of July. We have a big week this week as we head towards the 4th of July! That's a big holiday for many and something we're all looking forward to. Have a great July Arrives Day One and All!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
150 Days till Thanksgiving.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 149 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of the Year! Under 150 now folks! Let's take a look at the Countdown this morning. It is showing we now have 149 days until Thanksgiving! Wow closer to 100 than 200 now. That's mighty scary if you ask me. Oh you're not asking me are you? But I bet you'll agree with me on that one. And we march right through the summer together. I'm excited. And I know you all are for the big holiday on Thursday. Interesting to see how awesome the 4th of July will be. Everyone gearing up their turkeys for it? Oh wrong holiday? Well whatever your plans are hopefully you are preparing for it just like we prepare here all year long for the big day with the turkey feast, stuffing and all of the best things that come with Thanksgiving. Oh by the way our next milestone is on the 28th for obvious reasons (8th "28th") and also the 2/3 marker to Thanksgiving falls on the same day. Double whammy! Have a great beginning to the 2nd Half of the Year!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 148 DAYS

Happy Independence Day Eve! We are now only 24 hours away from the big 4th of July celebration. One of my favorite days of the year. But as you all know my personal favorite overall day of the year is Thanksgiving! That happens on November 28th. How far is that from July 3rd? I'm glad you asked. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 148 days now. We continue our descent to the 2/3 marker and the 28th which both fall on the 28th of the month. Awesome. Double Milestones on that day. That sounds good to me. And then we'll thrust forward from there. As we continue to move forward though let's all enjoy the summer with thoughts of continuous turkeys in our heads. That's the best kind of thought to have all summer long. And we all love it. Have a great day everyone. Have a great Independence Day Eve!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 147 DAYS

Happy 4th of July! We have reached another BIG day. We are now on the biggest summer holiday. And we sit right in the heart of summer with lots of BBQ and fireworks to go around this Thursday. Today's Countdown is at 147 days till Thanksgiving. Someone on the radio yesterday actually mentioned that his 2 favorite holidays are 4th of July & Thanksgiving. Well that was nice of him to mention Thanksgiving. Before I forget, our weekly countdown (since it is Thursday) is at 21 Weeks! Look at next week we reach the big 20 marker in weeks. That's 1 week from today folks on July 11th (which is actually my mom's birthday). Awesome. I hope you all enjoy the festivities today no matter what you are doing. I hope you have a great time and a safe time. Enjoy the day. Every day is important and today is definitely one of the best ones of the summer. Have a great 4th of July my Thanksgiving Friends!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 146 DAYS

Happy Post 4th! It was a heck of a fun time yesterday. Always fun on a special holiday like the 4th of July. Now that we are moving forward from it we just continue to move another holiday closer towards Thanksgiving. Today's Countdown to Thanksgiving is 146 days. Just keep on keeping on. On the 28th we'll hit the 2/3 marker and our 8th "28th". That's just crazy. But that's where we are now. In fact, I'm sure we'll be seeing "Back to School" and the first real signs of the Autumn ahead in the stores now. That's what this time of year means. That's what happens when the 4th of July comes. Awesome holiday and awesome time. How was everyone else's 4th? As good as Thanksgiving will be? I hope or at least it was close as good as that. We all know here there's still nothing quite like turkey, football and the parade on November 28th. Have a great Post 4th one and all!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 145 DAYS

Happy 1st Weekend of July! We are beyond the 4th now and into the weekend. Everyone hopefully had a good one. Today's Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 145 days. That's still a lot of days right? But not nearly as many as we had in the beginning. On the 28th of this month we will reach the 2/3 marker and our 8th "28th" which will lead us towards another big part of our count. Fun stuff isn't it turkey fans? I hope you all have been keeping turkey thoughts in your head this summer. They are the best thoughts of all. Don't you think so? I know that I do. Even in the heat and humidity we have the turkey thoughts cool my mind and soul. Those Autumn days that are ahead of us are the best days of all. And Thanksgiving is the King/Queen of them. I hope you all enjoy your day. Have a great 1st Weekend of July!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 144 DAYS

Happy Christmas In July! That famous thing we love about July has been here and is continuing. Anyone watching any of it? Well of course that means that our countdown to Thanksgiving must be moving along nicely. Let's look at the count today. It is at 144 days! Wow that # looks so good. We continue towards our 8th 28th milestone which is also the 2/3 marker to Thanksgiving. After that folks we'll be racing towards August and the 100 day marker to follow. Just crazy. That's what I say and think. We had some showers on Saturday and storms. No signs of turkeys yet though or stuffing. That hibernates in the summer except for those of you who are indulging in a little Thanksgiving meal in the summer. We want to see! For now I hope you all enjoy your Sunday. Have a great Christmas In July Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 143 DAYS

Happy July Week 2! The special 4th of July week is over :(. That's sad. It truly was a fun week. And next year with it being on a Saturday I think will only make it better. But all of us here in the Thanksgiving Countdown know that we still have the best day(s) of the year ahead of us! We have plenty of time still until the Bers begin and then we begin going through and towards the best time of year. Today's Countdown to start the week off is at 143 days. We are setting lower and lower through the 100s. That is awesome news. And in 20 days we'll reach our 8th "28th" and also the 2/3 marker to Thanksgiving. That's a double whammy. Maybe like a double plate of turkey and stuffing on November 28th. I hope you all are dealing with the summer heat and humidity ok. Have a great start to July Week 2!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 142 DAYS

Happy Beach Days! These are the days of summer folks. And these are the days our Countdown to Thanksgiving rides through the 100s. I love it. It's an awesome time of year. Soon we'll all be wishing for the cooler breezes of the Bers. But no rush to get there. Let's enjoy the countdown shall we? Today it is at 142 days till Thanksgiving. That is a really nice number if you ask me. In 19 days on the 28th we'll reach the 2/3 marker and our 8th "28th". I remember how excited we were when we reached our 1st "28th"! It's amazing how far we have come. It's been fun. But I'm glad we still have a long ways to go. I love Thanksgiving but I also want time to get ready for it. I wonder how far along they are with the Macy's Parade planning. Hmm I will have to try to see what I can find online about it. I know they prepare all year just like we countdown all year. Have a great Happy Beach Days!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 141 DAYS

Happy Double Digits July! Oh my look at that countdown this morning! What's so special about it? It just states that we are 141 days away from Thanksgiving 2019. What's so special about that? We know the double milestone that is coming on the 28th of the month. But I almost forgot to mention TOMORROW we have a milestone. Which one? You'll see. Remember tomorrow is Thursday. That's a hint. And it's also 7-11 free slurpee day! I wonder how a slurpee would go with Thanksgiving dinner. Weird combo huh? Our countdown continues to roll forward. I think that for the 2020 countdown (don't worry I'm not even close to thinking about that now lol) we will have a better list of milestones ahead of time. Now back to 2019. Summer time. Humidity here. That's what it is supposed to be this time of year. What's it like where you are turkey fans? Have a great Double Digits July!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The turkeys here are enjoying 90 degree weather with high humidity. We woke up to clouds and mid 70's this morning. It kind of felt like an early Autumn morning.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 140 DAYS

Happy 7-11! Yes it's free slurpee day if you so choose to get one at 7-11. It's my mom's birthday too so shout out to her and Happy Birthday. It's a sunny day here. I'm on a 4 day break from work Thursday - Sunday (just like Thanksgiving Week). And speaking of Thanksgiving...the Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 140 days. A nice round number. It's also Thursday as I mentioned so the weekly count is something we need to look at today and we actually have a MILESTONE today. 20 weeks till Thanksgiving! Folks, we started at 53 weeks. And we're down to 20! We have knocked off 33 weeks and only have 20 to go. You can see the numbers are becoming pretty crazy now. It's exciting though. Oh so exciting just like a turkey and stuffing on my plate. Have a great 7-11 everyone!​

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 140 DAYS

Happy 7-11! Yes it's free slurpee day if you so choose to get one at 7-11. It's my mom's birthday too so shout out to her and Happy Birthday. It's a sunny day here. I'm on a 4 day break from work Thursday - Sunday (just like Thanksgiving Week). And speaking of Thanksgiving...the Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 140 days. A nice round number. It's also Thursday as I mentioned so the weekly count is something we need to look at today and we actually have a MILESTONE today. 20 weeks till Thanksgiving! Folks, we started at 53 weeks. And we're down to 20! We have knocked off 33 weeks and only have 20 to go. You can see the numbers are becoming pretty crazy now. It's exciting though. Oh so exciting just like a turkey and stuffing on my plate. Have a great 7-11 everyone!​
I hope your mom enjoys her birthday!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 139 DAYS

Happy July TGIF! It's another summer Friday. Awesome isn't it? And what else is awesome is our Countdown to Thanksgiving. We are at 139 days till Thanksgiving 2019. Zing we are moving along. Under 20 weeks now. And our next milestone on the 28th of the month will be a Double Whammy as in the 2/3 marker to Thanksgiving and the 8th "28th" of the count. That will be a big day to celebrate on that final Sunday of July. We had some rain last evening. Almost cooled things off just very temporarily before the heat and humidity start building back up in a big way into next week. We're in the heart of summer folks. This is when we all start to dream about those Bers and Autumn Days ahead of us. And it's a lot of fun to do so while trying to enjoy the summer as well. Great time of year to be in for us. Turkey Fans have a great July TGIF!​

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich and Bradmac

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 138 DAYS

Happy Summery Saturday! A beautiful yet warm/hot summery weekend is here. And guess what? Today is a big day because it's actually 50 days till the Bers! Unbelievable. Check out the Hang Out in Chit Chat if you want to follow along with the 50 day preview. Now a big part of the Bers, as we all know here, is Thanksgiving! And that entire month of November. Today's Countdown to Thanksgiving is 138 days! Whoa! Moving along aren't we? Yes, indeed. And on the 28th of the month we'll reach a double milestone. We'll be 2/3 of the way there on the 8th "28th" of 12. That's crazy folks! I am thinking of adding something to this countdown a la how Crown has a "Season Count". Let's be honest, November 1 really starts the Thanksgiving Season so I think once we reach 100 days from that (which will be in 11 days) I'll add it to. How's that sound turkey fans? Have a great Summery Saturday!​

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradmac and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 137 DAYS

Happy Sweaty Sunday! We are in the middle of July. That's about the time of year we all hit the peak of the heat. And it looks like that for us for the next week or so with nothing below 85 for a high and lots of sun. Let's cool off a little by looking at our countdown. We are at 137 days today. That means that we are only 2 weeks away from the 2/3 marker to Thanksgiving which also is the same day we reach our 8th "28th" of the count. Amazing. Incredible. Both words would be good to describe it. It's awesome and an awesome feeling. We're on the right track together folks and friends. I've got to work all week this week (I haven't done that in a month). But I have one more summer vacation before Labor Day/The Bers come. That is after this week. I'll use that to get ready for the Bers. But now everyone here with all turkey thoughts be happy. I saw the guy at the local grocery store who helped me pick out my turkey last November yesterday. Made me smile. I know he doesn't remember me. But maybe he'll help me again this year. Have a great Sweaty Sunday!​

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradmac and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image